Old 24th March 2011, 03:18   #31

Re: My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!

C'mon guys. Every single SUV sold in the world is coming up in this thread.

Is there any market or any logic for companies to introduce something like Tahoe with petrol V8? Lets keep it real.
Old 24th March 2011, 03:40   #32

My personal wish is to have those SUV gas guzzlers available at least on rental options. Driving those vehicles gives real pleasure but only on roads where traffic rules are followed.

Gas guzzlers I mean those with V8 engines:
GMC Suburban
Ford Expedition
etc.

I have driven Kia Sorento, Toyota Highlander, Ford Explorer; mainly V6 options which would be nice additions to our market.

Instead for our extended families comfort while traveling, I wish car companies introduce more choices in minivan category, specially companies Ford, Hyundai etc. who have good exposure in our markets and have products in their stable.
Old 24th March 2011, 07:54   #33

Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

Is there any market or any logic for companies to introduce something like Tahoe with petrol V8? Lets keep it real.
Totally agree. All the SUVs / Crossovers in the world are pouring in. And also, And I remember Shankar mentioned that the list he thought initially was SUVs / cross-overs in the range of 5-20 lakhs.

Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- Now of all this list, which one you think have a serious chance of hitting the Indian shores?
Good question. The list of 4 I provided initially was on the following logic (and could fit in and around 20lakhs price range):

1) The manufacturer is already in India, and the model mentioned is a possibility in the given price range. And also they have good diesel options available with them - VW Tiguan, Ford Kuga

2) The mentioned car could be a launchpad for a specific brand - Mini Countryman (and some auto shows in local channels mentioned this as well)

3) The mentioned car's competitor (in the global markets) are doing well in India, and hence they may feel the pressure to make a launch in India - Nissan Qashqai (Competitor for Skoda Yeti in many markets)
Old 24th March 2011, 23:41   #34

didnt see any one mentioning TOYOTA TUNDRA 5.7 V8 and TACOMA V6!

i would like to have one, since im bored with 4cyl Hilux!
Old 25th March 2011, 00:25   #35

Originally Posted by Parm View Post
didnt see any one mentioning TOYOTA TUNDRA 5.7 V8 and TACOMA V6!

i would like to have one, since im bored with 4cyl Hilux!
+1 for TUNDRA. it is huge. i am in love with this vehicle. also GMC YUKON will be good for DADAGIRI
Old 25th March 2011, 02:32   #36

Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

What is wrong with every single SUV being mentioned? After all it is wishlist of SUVs one would like to see here.

If there is a market for 5 litre petrol V8s like Jaguar XF, engine to engine - what is so unreal about Tahoe? If at all launched, It will definitely be cheaper than the 65L XF and IMO will have quite a few takers - We Indians like big cars!
Old 25th March 2011, 07:30   #37

Good question. The list of 4 I provided initially was on the following logic (and could fit in and around 20lakhs price range):

1) The manufacturer is already in India, and the model mentioned is a possibility in the given price range. And also they have good diesel options available with them - VW Tiguan, Ford Kuga

2) The mentioned car could be a launchpad for a specific brand - Mini Countryman (and some auto shows in local channels mentioned this as well)

3) The mentioned car's competitor (in the global markets) are doing well in India, and hence they may feel the pressure to make a launch in India - Nissan Qashqai (Competitor for Skoda Yeti in many markets)
I remember Kuga being mentioned in Ford thread as well, that it may get released by the year end. If that happens and if its in a 10-12L range, we are in for a killer. Not sure about Tiguan, but it fits to the Indian requirement to a T. But knowing VW they would price it very high (Yeti range).
Old 25th March 2011, 11:45   #38

Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I remember Kuga being mentioned in Ford thread as well, that it may get released by the year end. If that happens and if its in a 10-12L range, we are in for a killer. Not sure about Tiguan, but it fits to the Indian requirement to a T. But knowing VW they would price it very high (Yeti range).
My guess is Kuga should fall in the 12-15 lakhs price range (if launched). And Tiguan should be anywhere between 15-20 lakhs. Internationally, Tiguan is priced above Yeti, and that could be the norm for India as well.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:37   #39

The Tiguan should be pricier than the Yeti in India. Looks a bit plain jane though, the new Tiguan. Hopefully the Dacia Duster, Ford Kuga and Nissan Qashqai will make it to India in the near future. The Defender will also make a lot of sense if Tata decides to assemble in India.

Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
What is wrong with every single SUV being mentioned? After all it is wishlist of SUVs one would like to see here.

If there is a market for 5 litre petrol V8s like Jaguar XF, engine to engine - what is so unreal about Tahoe?
You seemed to have missed the whole point of this thread. Here is what the thread starter had to say:

This is the list of little mini/ mid-sizer AWD/4WD SUV/ Crossover type vehicles that I would like to see coming into India asap, to give us a break from the stuff we are currently forced to live with.

Ideally their pricing should span the range right from 6 lacs onwards right upto the upper-mid level of 18- 20 lacs. Other pre-requisites would be Diesel power, Turbo, AWD/4WD, all modern safety features, all mod-cons (comfort and technology).
Old 25th March 2011, 13:29   #40

these are a few that i wish to be available in India but i don't think the iveco to be available to civilians in India or anywhere else on the globe
My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-ivecolightmultirolevehicleslmv.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-2009gmcyukondenalihyb_1600x0w.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-2010fordedge4doorselfwdangularfrontexteriorview_100246256_l.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-2011chevroletsuburban1.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-2011fordexplorerphoto.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-ford_expedition_image_2009_011280.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-gmc-acadia-denaliwww.autogang.blogspot.com.jpg  

My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!-2010fordfle.jpg  

Old 25th March 2011, 13:48   #41

maser- thanks for bringing the pricing criteria back into focus.

Realistically speaking I dont think the VW Tiguan will come in at anything less than 25-30 ish especially in its Diesel 4WD avatar.

After all, they cant very well price it any less than the existing vehicles in the market like Outlander, Captiva, Honda CRV etc, can they? Also serves to illustrate that the Outlander, Captiva and certainly the Honda CRV are overpriced in the India market.
Old 25th March 2011, 15:12   #42

maser- thanks for bringing the pricing criteria back into focus.

Realistically speaking I dont think the VW Tiguan will come in at anything less than 25-30 ish especially in its Diesel 4WD avatar.

After all, they cant very well price it any less than the existing vehicles in the market like Outlander, Captiva, Honda CRV etc, can they? Also serves to illustrate that the Outlander, Captiva and certainly the Honda CRV are overpriced in the India market.
You are right. Tiguan should be in the CR-V price range.

Of the names mentioned above, I feel only the CR-V is terribly overpriced. I actually feel that Captiva is quite well-priced for a CBU.
CR-V is not a bad car, but just compare it with the Yeti, and suddenly the elegance trim looks super VFM
Old 25th March 2011, 15:20   #43

Personally I dont like the CRV at all. To me it is way too expensive for an Honda. And it is a bit of a poseur wagon really especially in its new rounded avatar. the fact that it is petrol driven and has lousy FE is (for me) only another couple of nails in its coffin.
Yes, in comparison with the CR V the Yeti looks VFM and is a very cleverly packaged vehicle indeed. I love the Elegance trim with all its bells and whistles. But the fact remains that despite the above-mentioned impressions, the Yeti is still very expensive here in India and it is significantly smaller than the CRV.

You are right. Tiguan should be in the CR-V price range.

Of the names mentioned above, I feel only the CR-V is terribly overpriced. I actually feel that Captiva is quite well-priced for a CBU.
CR-V is not a bad car, but just compare it with the Yeti, and suddenly the elegance trim looks super VFM
Old 25th March 2011, 15:32   #44

So for this year the only ones to look out for :

- Korando
- Duster
- Kuga/Eco-Sport (The one Ford chooses to bring it on)

All of the them have the potential to be a game-changer. Esp Ford and Korando. Because they also have the backing of their service networks, as against Renault.
Old 25th March 2011, 15:37   #45

I am licking my lips thinking of the Dacia Duster. Last month's overdrive and this month's autocar are carrying an article. Expected next year and costing between 7-10 lakhs. Looks really butch and kind of affordable too.If the reviews are accurate( in a nutshell, the vehicle is more than capable, way better than the scorpio, but not anything earth shattering), i will put my money on that SUV