Team-BHP - My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   My little list of SUV's I would like to see in India asap!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98498-my-little-list-suvs-i-would-like-see-india-asap.html)

This is the list of little mini/ mid-sizer AWD/4WD SUV/ Crossover type vehicles that I would like to see coming into India asap, to give us a break from the stuff we are currently forced to live with.

Ideally their pricing should span the range right from 6 lacs onwards right upto the upper-mid level of 18- 20 lacs. Other pre-requisites would be Diesel power, Turbo, AWD/4WD, all modern safety features, all mod-cons (comfort and technology).

With India's lousy road surfaces and overall penchant for SUV type things with high GC and a certain go anywhere ability, these would be just the perfect thing for the SUV craving urbanite as well as the rural user. The difference will be in the sheer quality of fit, finish and finesse as well as comfort and safety all of which are definitely necessary and at a reasonable price.

1. Nissan Juke (lovely little thing - beautiful fit and finish)
2. Ford EcoSport
3. Suzuki Jimny
4. Toyota RAV4 (small)
5. Dacia/Renault Duster
6. Subaru Forester
7. Mitsubishi Galloper (SWB Pajero type)
8. Nissan Patrol (SWB)
9. Ford Escape
10.Ford Flex
11.Ford Fusion (with makeover and AWD)
12.Nissan KIX (MINI SUV)
13.Kia Sorrento
14.Suzuki SX4 Hatch AWD or FIAT Sedici Hatch AWD (with 1.9 Diesel engine)
15.Daihatsu Terios (proper one not the Zotye/RIO unless RIO really bucks itself up and gives topm quality/value)

what say?

KIA sportage
KIA Soul
Nissan pathfinder
Nissan Xtreme

Good list Shankar. Can we also add some double cab pick-ups to this list, esp. the Dodge Ram?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2288756)
1. Nissan Juke (lovely little thing - beautiful fit and finish)
2. Ford EcoSport
3. Suzuki Jimny
4. Toyota RAV4 (small)
5. Dacia/Renault Duster
6. Subaru Forester
7. Mitsubishi Galloper (SWB Pajero type)
8. Nissan Patrol (SWB)
9. Ford Escape
10.Ford Flex
11.Ford Fusion (with makeover and AWD)
12.Nissan KIX (MINI SUV)
13.Kia Sorrento
14.Suzuki SX4 Hatch AWD or FIAT Sedici Hatch AWD (with 1.9 Diesel engine)
15.Daihatsu Terios (proper one not the Zotye/RIO unless RIO really bucks itself up and gives topm quality/value)

what say?

Thats quite a list, but most of the listed cars are crossovers and not SUVs. And I don't see most of them coming to India anytime soon. Especially models like Nissan Juke. On a realistic front, some of the models I can foresee are VW Tiguan, Ford Kuga, Nissan Qashqai, and finally maybe the Mini Clubman - wishful thinking :)

I Would like to See these PICK UP trucks

DODGE RAM
NISSAN TITAN
TOYOTA TUNDRA
FORD F150

i enjoyed these trucks when i was in US countyside. would love to own one in india. sadly we dont have pick up truck market :(

thanks for adding these. I forgot about them completely.
Qashqai is nice, as are the Tiguan, Kuga and of course the Clubman - but I think you may have meant the MINI COUNTRYMAN which is more of an SUV on the MINI platform than the Clubman is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2288948)
Thats quite a list, but most of the listed cars are crossovers and not SUVs. And I don't see most of them coming to India anytime soon. Especially models like Nissan Juke. On a realistic front, some of the models I can foresee are VW Tiguan, Ford Kuga, Nissan Qashqai, and finally maybe the Mini Clubman - wishful thinking :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 2288956)
I Would like to See these PICK UP trucks

DODGE RAM
NISSAN TITAN
TOYOTA TUNDRA
FORD F150

i enjoyed these trucks when i was in US countyside. would love to own one in india. sadly we dont have pick up truck market :(

:OT

Good to see you mentioned 'Ford F150' else I might have confused it with the Ferrari F150 :D

Back on topic, isn't F150 huge for India? For sheer size and carrying capacity it might be competing with 1 of those Tempo trucks we have. Not sure about the size of others.

I want an SUV (not crossover) which has the GC of an SUV but comfort and braking abilities of a car and less than 20L OTR. I think manufacturers should give us the option to get bigger brakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 2288972)
thanks for adding these. I forgot about them completely.
Qashqai is nice, as are the Tiguan, Kuga and of course the Clubman - but I think you may have meant the MINI COUNTRYMAN which is more of an SUV on the MINI platform than the Clubman is.

Oops! thanks for the correction :)
What I wanted to add in the list is the 4-door Countryman, and not the Clubman with the split-door on the right side!

I would also like to see the Defender 90 also in that list. Its a Bolero sizevehicle which I think has immense potential in rural India.

Most of the vehicles mentioned are more akin to crossovers than true blue SUV's. I wish manufacturers would provide the option of rear discs instead of drums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 2288977)
:OT
I want an SUV (not crossover) which has the GC of an SUV but comfort and braking abilities of a car and less than 20L OTR. I think manufacturers should give us the option to get bigger brakes.

Hey hey no Cadillac Escalades or Infinity FX series ? How I'd love to see them in India.

FIAT in asociation with Crysler will be launching a SUV called "FreeMount" (Not in India of course)

YouTube - Fiat Freemont @ 2011 Geneva Motor Show: interview with Antonella Bruno

Shankar,

Add this to the list.. GMC Acadia
Awesome build quality, captain seats in middle row. Fun to drive SUV.
I got a chance to drive this for almost 300 miles includes freeways and ghats. Ride quality was too good.

It is above the price mentioned, but love Chevy Avalanche, massive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 2289097)
It is above the price mentioned, but love Chevy Avalanche, massive!

How about the Suburban sir ? It is massive. Its a bus even.