Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 10:42   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Average annual maintenance cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post

One more thing to add: I wanted nitrogen air filled up for my car, they said Rs.20 per Tyre. I asked them that it costs only Rs.10 outside then why the difference of Rs10. per tyre and justification was so lame - because of Brand Sir
Yes, they charge high for nitrogen fill. I used to get it refilled during the service by paying Rs.100 and then during the next 10K Kms, I do the top-up free of cost. Outside they charge 5-10 rupees for top-up. So actually I get benefited. Having a good relation with the service guys also helps.
Old 18th August 2014, 12:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos453 View Post
Regardless of what the service center is, as a Maruti Customer you are asked to visit the showroom twice an year. And this for a layman is an unknown territory where he would visit showroom twice an year and pay for whatever they ask.
Yep I got your point and that's rightly said. Few Layman will follow the service centre orders but there are people(again layman) who know how expensive the Authorised Service centers have become and give it to their trusted local workshop having a reliable mechanic once the free service duration is over. My dad believes in this funda.
Old 18th August 2014, 14:23   #78
Team-BHP Support

My Chevy Sail UVA just went in for its first oil change service.

This is the 3rd and last free services so it had no labor charges.
I bought my car on the 20th of August last year.
This is the first time I had to pay money for the consumables.
Rs 1500 at the end of 15,000 kms.

That is a cost of 10 paise per km.

My fuellog tells me I an average mileage of 12.1 kmpl.
That is 1250 liters of fuel.

Total cost of running including fuel and service is almost one lakh.

Per kms cost of less than Rs 7.
Old 20th August 2014, 13:07   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
General check-up costs only around Rs. 700-800. I have done this in Bimal and Kalyani. Some times they charge around 1700 for a 5K interval servicing(Ex: 15K, 25K, 35K etc). But if you see the bill clearly, it will point to 20K/30K/40K servicing. After realizing this, for a 5K interval servicing(which is optional in the first place), I pay only the general checkup charges which comes around Rs.800.
Thanks Arun, I will also probably have them do only this.
Old 11th September 2014, 14:00   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass
I got a call from my MASS for a 6 months service, where they check all fluids, check AC, check Brakes, WA/WB if required and would cost 2.5k something, which also includes fluids check and top up if required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
MASS also have custom checkups - 5-point service/checkup, 7-point checkup etc which you could opt for. Reasonably cheap as a package, unless they play dirty and inflate bill with replacements.
Today got an SMS from MyTVS, for this package :
"Car Owners ! MyTVS 666 offer - Avail Oil & OilFilter Replc + brake Cleaning+ Tyre rotation + All Door Lub + AC & Elect Checkup. Just Rs 666 (Lab) + Tax & Get Free Wash. Cont: 98407 08880

Price seems reasonable for a quick check + oil change.

P.S.: I have never used the services of MyTVS and have no idea how good/bad they are. Just posted as an FYI and to highlight the fact that 2.5K for something similar is roadside robbery.
Old 11th September 2014, 14:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Thanks Arun, I will also probably have them do only this.
They insisted on charging me for the first paid service, which was around Rs.900 and another 350 for washing. Then they gave me 50% discount on this, so in short it worked out to be the same cost as a general check up.
Old 11th September 2014, 18:07   #82
BHPian

An extreme example of misguidance by the Service centers was with Honda. With their officially defined (as per manual) service interval of 6 months / 5k KMs on the City, the service center people in Lucknow kept pestering me to come in for service every 3 months ("as recommended by Honda..."). Needless to say, I simply refused.

Same with Maruti (6 month 5k KMs, instead of 12 months 10k KMs as per the manual). And on top of that, they kept recommending replacement of the muffler bearings and indicator fluid every time ;-)

Palio's is much easier with 18 months / 7.5 k KMS. And those people have never misguided me. In fact, being an enthusiast (over-enthusiastic?), I have been told off by the service center multiple times to not try to fix something which is not broken.

(Hmm...was the post ?)

Last edited by vipul_singh : 11th September 2014 at 18:08.
Old 10th July 2016, 15:43   #83
BHPian

Bumped into this thread as I was looking for some answers. My Jazz completed 4 years and the it is currently out of warranty. They pitched in a AMC for me during the last service (cost around 8k, if I remember it well). This is over and above the annual insurance that we pay.

So, I wanted to take inputs from you all on the pros an cons of going in for AMC? The only major "pro" that I know of is to be able to replace OEM defective part without spending a single penny (I got my airbag inflator replaced free of cost once they issued a recall on thousands of cars).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks