Team-BHP - honda civic and mitsubishi cedia shine at autoexpo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   honda civic and mitsubishi cedia shine at autoexpo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9872-honda-civic-mitsubishi-cedia-shine-autoexpo.html)

lancer cedia is fully loaded but is priced in competition to the base corolla. Isnt that good news.

HM/mitsubishi motors.

What they had on display: HM actually had one of the few “real” launches of the show. The Lancer Cedia will finally be filling up Mitsubishi showrooms soon and will be available in two variants, Elegance and Sport. Strangely, both these versions will cost Rs 9.87 lakh Indiawide.:D

The Cedia comes with a 2000cc, 125 bhp engine and includes airbags and ABS as standard. While the Elegance comes with standard two-tone interiors, the Cedia Sport is available in ‘Aussie Yellow’ and gets a spoiler too. Mitsubishi also got the mind-blowing Evolution IX but for some reason kept saying that it wasn’t on sale.

What they didn’t bring: The good ol’ Amby was absent. Given that the Montero is about to go on sale soon, this would have been a good opportunity to show it off.

good news is that this seems to be the end for the grand ol amby at last.:)

Honda Motors

Honda civic is about to enter the Indian market even before cedia gets a proper foodhold.

What they had on display: The most significant car at the Honda pavilion was the new, eighth generation Civic. This is the machine that won “Car Of The Year” for Honda at the Detroit Motor Show earlier this month. The Civic will be slotted against the likes of Toyota Corolla when it hits Indian roads in a few months time.

Compared to the Corolla the Civic has flamboyant styling going for it and a gem of an i-VTEC motor powering it.

Honda better bring it in the Indian market fast.:)

Did they talk about when the new Civic is coming? Damn this suspense is too much........

Quote:

Did they talk about when the new Civic is coming?
Last quarter of this year.

Cedia has been priced at 9.87 lakhs. Pretty decent.

Here are some interior/exterior pics of the Civic:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit

Damn!!! So far off!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
lancer cedia is fully loaded but is priced in competition to the base corolla. Isnt that good news.

HM/mitsubishi motors.

What they had on display: HM actually had one of the few “real” launches of the show. The Lancer Cedia will finally be filling up Mitsubishi showrooms soon and will be available in two variants, Elegance and Sport. Strangely, both these versions will cost Rs 9.87 lakh Indiawide.:D

That is 9.87 ex-showroom I presume?

Quote:

Quote:
Did they talk about when the new Civic is coming?

BAD NEWS!! especially for Boombastic and a lot others too.
Is the output still 140 bhp like the thai version or detuned to indian (fuel) standards??

yea, Boombastic, wud like to know what car u wud go for now, now that the Civic is slated for a yearend launch.

any pics of the Cedia pleasE? and any comments on how it looks n stuff?

thanx mite.

I saw teh cedia pix in an indian auto mag 2 months back or so. I really hated the look of it. :(

and teh Evo was here, I mean at Tvm and cochin LAncer showrooms(Geo Motors) last month. I missed it as usual:(

Can you post the pix of teh Cedia. Teh one tehy had on the auto mag was had all grey plastic interior.

And isnt this teh same engine that comes in teh Invex model or so?

CAN you pleas

1.)the new honda civic is a BIG threat to skoda octavia and toyota corolla,i think the car is sure to take over the segement and will be the best seller from the month it is launched,the diesel engine might save the octavia's share but toyota has noplace to take cover,and judging by the respect honda has in india we should expect civic to be one more sucess story.

2.)on the other side the mitsubishi cedia might have good response before launch best the people's interest might die after some months of launch and i expect it to be another timepass model from HM-mitsubishi stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
The Lancer Cedia will finally be filling up Mitsubishi showrooms soon and will be available in two variants, Elegance and Sport.

Perhaps one of them will sport the older engine and better interiors, while the other will have standard trim and a better engine? Either way, its quite puzzling when you have two models at the same price. Perhaps they think that the ones who want the flash dont really want a sporty engine and vice versa...

The Civic however will be a runaway success, as its quite spacious for a car of that class + it has the all-important 'H' and good fuel efficiency going for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Perhaps one of them will sport the older engine and better interiors, while the other will have standard trim and a better engine? Either way, its quite puzzling when you have two models at the same price. Perhaps they think that the ones who want the flash dont really want a sporty engine and vice versa...

The Civic however will be a runaway success, as its quite spacious for a car of that class + it has the all-important 'H' and good fuel efficiency going for it.

both have the same engines. I believe the difference is what the difference was between the LEI and Sfxi. one aiming for the executive segment while other gunning for the performance orineted.

[quote=.anshuman]1.)the new honda civic is a BIG threat to skoda octavia and toyota corolla,i think the car is sure to take over the segement and will be the best seller from the month it is launched,the diesel engine might save the octavia's share but toyota has noplace to take cover,and judging by the respect honda has in india we should expect civic to be one more sucess story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
BAD NEWS!! especially for Boombastic and a lot others too.
Is the output still 140 bhp like the thai version or detuned to indian (fuel) standards??

civic output for India is rumnoured to be 130hp but I also read 123 and 127 as the possible figures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman
That is 9.87 ex-showroom I presume?

yes its 9.87 for both the models all over India.:) Corolla in comparision has the base model at around 9.8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
yea, Boombastic, wud like to know what car u wud go for now, now that the Civic is slated for a yearend launch.

any pics of the Cedia pleasE? and any comments on how it looks n stuff?

thanx mite.

follow the link for a pic of cedia at autoexpo.

http://inhome.rediff.com/money/2006/jan/14spec.htm

I like the cedia's front end, but from there on it kinda loses the plot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
I like the cedia's front end, but from there on it kinda loses the plot.

I like the cedia's rear which is similar to the EVo but from there on it loses the plot.

The looks from side and rear are good but I dont like the front end much.:)

for civic on the other end I like the frond end(copied from saturn ION) and hate the rear.