Team-BHP - Registration Number starting 'UCF 000 xxxx'
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Registration Number starting 'UCF 000 xxxx' (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98771-registration-number-starting-ucf-000-xxxx.html)

Searched around, but could not find to where in India does the Regn. Number UCF 000 XXXX belongs????

Saw a Maruti Suzuki Ritz in the morning today around 10:00 hrs with the Registration Number 'UCF 0009992' near Rajouri Garden, New Delhi.

Anyone has a clue where the number belongs? Didn't appear to be a Temporary Number..

It is a trade number... a number that is put on the car before the temp number is issued. It belongs to the UP region. My Ritz had one too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanuj (Post 2295839)
It is a trade number... a number that is put on the car before the temp number is issued. It belongs to the UP region. My Ritz had one too :)

I was told that this was the temporary number lol:And that is what my Bolero is wearing. Just need one more alphabet to chuck attitude while driving.

Quote:

Well can one have this temp trade number for long? I guess NO. I keep seeing an i10 here in Bangalore with this number and the car belongs to a guy from UP! The way our RTO functions clap:

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up.. Never came across this before. But any idea why is this number used?

AFAIK when a car is delivered to a customer, the dealer allocates a Temp. No. out of a series of no.s available with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumathindra (Post 2295876)
Well can one have this temp trade number for long? I guess NO.

Your guess would be correct. My dealer called me up and told me that my temp number had arrived and took the UCF... number off promptly. A few days later I saw that they put it on another Ritz standing in their lot.. so I guess it must be dealer specific.

Since when has the system of "trade numbers" been there? I ask because surprisingly I have never encountered one; despite having lived in Gurgaon where people drive their new cars for months before they are issued the reg. no from RTO.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2297826)
Since when has the system of "trade numbers" been there? I ask because surprisingly I have never encountered one; despite having lived in Gurgaon where people drive their new cars for months before they are issued the reg. no from RTO.

I guess it has started very recently. Even yesterday saw a Xylo on NH8 going towards Delhi with a UCF No.

Is it something which is only used by dealers in UP?? Did not come across any other number like this except UCF series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by An1 (Post 2298457)
I guess it has started very recently. Even yesterday saw a Xylo on NH8 going towards Delhi with a UCF No.

Is it something which is only used by dealers in UP?? Did not come across any other number like this except UCF series.

I just remembered. When we had taken the delivery of our M800 in '96 from Sai Service, for a few days, there was red "MLY ***" sticker on the car. The "M" here must stand for Maharashtra as per this thread then.

But that was just then. In the following years in Pune, Bangalore and Gurgaon, I haven't seen such a sticket yet.

Saw this on the road a few days ago... my guess is that this is a Chandigarh number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanuj (Post 2306714)
Saw this on the road a few days ago... my guess is that this is a Chandigarh number.

Weird numbering systems :eek:

When a car is on road with the "trade number", is the insurance covered as the permanent is not available?

I too saw this kind of a Number plate.