Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 21:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Koenigsegg Agera launched in India for 12.5 Crores

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures have been reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system.

We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

Guys,

Found this photo

at Livehindustan Business Updates- Business News, Business Information, Business Samachar

Then googled and found this story for Koenigsegg Agera launch in India at 12.5 Cr.

Koenigsegg Agera India launch and price, fastest sports cars in India | DWS Auto India

Koenigsegg launched the Agera today at a sticker price of Rs. 12.5 crore, ex-Delhi. The cars will be completely built to order. The car is being marketed in India by Interglobe General Aviation, the same company associated with Indigo Airlines.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2011 at 13:48. Reason: Please upload pictures ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment system
tanwaramit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2011, 22:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Koenigsegg Agera launched in India for 12.5 Crores

Cool, another entry of high priced car in India. Will be another garage toy which would see very little of Indian roads.
Old 29th March 2011, 22:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes the launch was a highly anticipated one. The thread already exists here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-india.html
Old 29th March 2011, 23:30   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

See the ground clearance !! Where in India will anyone drive this car? And 12.5 crore for a garage toy !! I guess there will be some crazy guys who would still put that money on this !
Old 29th March 2011, 23:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
See the ground clearance !! Where in India will anyone drive this car? And 12.5 crore for a garage toy !! I guess there will be some crazy guys who would still put that money on this !
Its almost sitting on the ground. Bangalore speed bumps are waiting in anticipation.

And there are people in India with more money to throw around than we can imagine. So do not worry. Soon we will have some pics of this car landing up in some garage in Mumbai or Delhi.

We sure are going Brazil way, a country of Super rich and Super poor.
Old 30th March 2011, 00:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

Honestly,its so pointless.Someone who can afford a Agera must have houses abroad too.
So why not buy a agera somewhere in europe at half the price and enjoy it there,properly.
Old 30th March 2011, 01:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Honestly,its so pointless.Someone who can afford a Agera must have houses abroad too.
So why not buy a agera somewhere in europe at half the price and enjoy it there,properly.
I double you.
Instead of buying the Agera in India, spend the money on buying a couple Lamborghini's or a couple Ferrari's. Mod them all and you still save some to fuel them for atleast a year!
The Agera in India is pointless. Although, I am sure there will be a few buyers in India who'll get this strictly for its exclusivity. It's the IN-thing these days!
Old 30th March 2011, 09:30   #8
Senior - BHPian

Buying this abroad is the most logical optionn. But again logic is subjective.
There are enough crazy rich people who would buy this as a garage toy and have it nicely parked at their farm house. Also with F1 track building up, how about renting it for a couple of hours and enjoy the beast there.

From the info I got from my source, the 1st car for India is already been sold. Awaiting more pics n info from CBC guys.
Old 30th March 2011, 13:52   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Completely irrelevant car to the Indian car scene. Sure, a minuscule number of billionaires will buy it for the exclusivity and bragging rights, but other than that, I'd hardly consider this launch as "news"....atleast the type that would get me excited. After all, this is nothing other than someone importing & selling a car here on an extremely small scale.
Old 30th March 2011, 15:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Read somewhere that they are targeting selling 2 cars this year in India !
Old 30th March 2011, 15:28   #11
BHPian

I wish the only way to promote Agera sells is to offer some kits like what we get in a regular car - Sports Kit or so. But in case of Agera they will have to offer Mumbai Kit, Bangalore Kit, etc. by removing bumpers and making way for speed-breakers!
Old 30th March 2011, 18:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Read somewhere that they are targeting selling 2 cars this year in India !
Could not stop laughing after reading this. I know the price tag is huge. But 2 cars.

I think they would be better off if they sell the scale model. Those would sell more. 12.5 Crs
Old 31st March 2011, 09:13   #13
BHPian

This car needs a billiard table smooth road to run which can't be found any where in India. Its engine may get choked on our desi fuel and due to it's ultra low height it runs a serious risk of running itself under those monstrously high trucks and dumpers which continue to roam our cities.

An utterly useless car for India. Sorry to write this.....The buyer may buy it for bragging but will become a laughing stock in fact.
Old 31st March 2011, 09:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

the car is being brought it by Integlobal group (behind Indigo) setting up a dealer network will be quite pointless. Also - i am surprised that at the launch of the car - they bring in a LHD. If this shows the company's lackluster attitude before they start selling it itself -might be a point of concern! Unless they are going to sell only LHD models- which then makes it a very expensive coffee table. Driving such a powerful car - you need to make sure that you have everything in place- which includes sitting on the correct side of the car!
Old 31st March 2011, 10:43   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
The Agera in India is pointless. Although, I am sure there will be a few buyers in India who'll get this strictly for its exclusivity. It's the IN-thing these days!
It (exclusivity) must be giving a 'High' to these filthy rich, Just like it does to HDIL chairman whose Rs 2-4 crore Rolls Royce / Bentley are parked near the burnt out slums of Garib Nagar, Bandra in Mumbai.
It is only fitting that HDIL makes its money out of slum rehabilitation projects.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks