Team-BHP - Indica V2 Xeta - Now updated with testdrive!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indica V2 Xeta - Now updated with testdrive! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9881-indica-v2-xeta-now-updated-testdrive-3.html)

Maybe 13-14 is attainable after whatever tweaking they have done. I would not be too skeptical.

I used to get 9.5 kmpl in my Indica 2000 (5 yrs old now) and surely a lot unrefined than the current V2 petrols. This was with 100% city driving and 30-40% AC with Speed BP.

I changed a few things since October.
Switched to XtraPremium
My car does not have a tacho. Used to shift at 15, 25, 40, 50-55. I now shift at 15, 30, 45, 65 ... and try to shift down to the right gear as per these speedo figures.

Since October I have never got below 10 .. Minimum has been 10.5, Max 12.5. Average is over 11.

So if this is possible with an Indica 2000 in regular city conditions where it takes 25 to 30 minutes to cover 11 kms, I'm sure the Xeta can do better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
when i can get a car of almost same driveability with power windows, beige interiors, B+ segment space (which puts Swift and Getz to shame), and a hell lot of other features (not to forget the safety which is miles ahead of Tall boys and Zen). :confused:

Thats a good point. Many of them will fall for their price that is inline with Santro's and Zen's and WagonR with incomparable inside space with all the features ( mainly the Power Steering, all power windows, central locking- This is the three most of the buyers would ask for), with better or atleast equalent mileage with cheap spare parts backed up by good service centres.

By the way, there is a whole host of variants of this car and the topmost one (the loaded one that is) costs a good 3.64L ExS or thereabouts. So the the lowest priced variant may not really get you everything that you listed out deceit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
By the way, there is a whole host of variants of this car and the topmost one (the loaded one that is) costs a good 3.64L ExS or thereabouts. So the the lowest priced variant may not really get you everything that you listed out deceit.

I know that... i listed the 3.40 lac variant, thats the DLG. I dont think that comparable Santro and WagonR models of that price (xp/lxi etc.) offer that many features.. whatsay!

p.s. Zappo, its DCEite.. not deceit :D

Quote:

Maybe 13-14 is attainable after whatever tweaking they have done. I would not be too skeptical.

I used to get 9.5 kmpl in my Indica 2000 (5 yrs old now)
a whopping 50% increase? Fat chance...

GTO

Indica 2000 had carburettor I think. Then came MPFI, and then MPFI tweaking in 2001 June. Indica's of that generation give 11-12kmpl. So its actually a 12 ->14kmpl increase, which is very much doable.

I went for a test drive of the indica turbo, and the gearshift sucked. Maybe some peices have good gearshifts and some bad. I am not asking for a Skoda/Honda type gearshift. Atleast give a gearshift which is as good as the santro!
As for Taxi, at night people guess from shape of headlights. Many almost jump in front!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dceite
I know that... i listed the 3.40 lac variant, thats the DLG. I dont think that comparable Santro and WagonR models of that price (xp/lxi etc.) offer that many features.. whatsay!

p.s. Zappo, its DCEite.. not deceit :D

Hmm... thats also a point. at 3.4lacs this car will cost a max of 3.75 on road. and i am sure they will throw in some dealer rebates surreptiously to make it even more mouth watering. all of a sudden i am convinced that if they really can get hold of a few guys who will proclaim that 13-14kpl waali baat the things may just fall into place.

Ohhh... DCEite. Ok! Now it makes sence with selective caps! So ur 4m Delhi College of Engineering, is it? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
a whopping 50% increase? Fat chance...GTO

Nope. As I said in my post, I am currently getting 11kmpl. Hence, I think 13-14 is doable. And that is pretty commendable for a 1.4L engine. It's competition is primarily the 1.1 L variety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
Indica 2000 had carburettor I think. Then came MPFI, and then MPFI tweaking in 2001 June.

My car is a Feb 2001 model. And it's MPFI (Hitachi chip I think). I believe the V2 petrol was launched in March 2001. The Feb models were probably the last batch of the Indica 2000's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979
I went for a test drive of the indica turbo, and the gearshift sucked. Maybe some peices have good gearshifts and some bad. I am not asking for a Skoda/Honda type gearshift. Atleast give a gearshift which is as good as the santro!
As for Taxi, at night people guess from shape of headlights. Many almost jump in front!

Hmm. Now that I think about it even my car probably required me to use some muscle to shift. Ok, maybe not muscles but definitely I had to grab t he shifter more firmly. Somewhere along the way it freed up. Now the intermittent gears just require pushes and nudges. So I guess they require some running in unlike the santro gears.

That jumping in front of your car thinking its a taxi... LOL... mercifully hyderabad does not have those Metro style taxis to flag down and ride. So no one jumps in front... haa haa haaa.

BTW, xeta is definitely doing some work... yesterday evening I had two queries at frequent intervals. One young chapie in my office was asking me "Sir, instead of the 2.3 odd that I spend EXS on M800 should I go in for the base level Xeta?". The other was a "neighbour" (never seen him before) who caught hold of me while I was parking in the evening. Chatoed my bheja for quite sometime because he also read somewhere that "Indica has now reduced its price to M800/Alto level" and so he was interested in getting my feedback as an Indica owner.

So there... Tatas seem to have ultimately got some ears for their petrol offering!

About the gearshift, i have driven my friend's 1999 Indica Diesel (from the first lot!) and it is definitly rubbery. Its not "hard", but feels like the stick is embedded in some Clay. Have to double shift specially for the 1st to make sure. Dont know about the newer models though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
Ohhh... DCEite. Ok! Now it makes sence with selective caps! So ur 4m Delhi College of Engineering, is it? :)

Right Zappo. Infact i am looking to change my username. I dont think its possible though... GTO u listening?.. Too many people call me deceit and other names.. i am not here to deceit anybody...;) :OT

Hi! all
tata aslo launched indica turbo with dual air bags and ABS in auto expo. here is the link
http://tatamotors.com/our_world/pres...04&action=Pull
the full media release by TATA is

Released on : 13th January, 2006
Ratan N Tata Unveils New Long Wheel Base Premium Indigo & X-Over Concept At Auto Expo 2006
- Company launches fuel efficient & fast new Indica petrol with Xeta engine in sub-Rs.3 Lakh range
- Showcases new range of trucks & buses, including the new Tata Novus & Tata Ace
At a glittering ceremony today, Mr. Ratan N. Tata, Chairman of Tata Motors, unveiled the first Indian Limousine, with top-of-the-line features and the X-over, a Crossover Vehicle Concept which is a family tourer with the looks of a Sports Utility Vehicle.

Speaking at the ceremony, Mr. Tata, Chairman of Tata Motors, said, "Tata Motors has just crossed the landmark of 50 years of automobile manufacturing. It has established a firm imprint in every segment of the automobile industry in the country and several markets abroad. Our vision is to become a meaningful international automobile company."

The prime exhibit, the Long Wheel Base premium version of the Indigo – the Indigo XL - is a luxury sedan with a wheel base of 2650 mm – a stretch of 200 mm -- and top-of-the-line features. The Indigo XL surpasses sedans in the premium and luxury segments for its rear seating space and comfort. The Indigo XL is scheduled for launch towards the latter half of 2006.

The Company launched a reconfigured and newly specd entry-level petrol range of the popular Indica in the form of the new Indica V2 Xeta (eXtra Fuel Efficiency, Torque Advantage Engine). The Xeta range is equipped with a 1.4 litre 70 PS power output @ 4800 rpm and 14 kg-m of torque at 2600 rpm petrol engine, which delivers a high fuel efficiency of 14 kmpl (under test conditions). The range comes with beige interiors, a first in its class. The Xeta range is available in five colours, three of which are exclusive to it. The Xeta range is priced between Rs.2.69 to Rs.3.65 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.

On the passenger car range the display includes:

- the Indica V2 Turbo Diesel, with dual airbags and ABS
- the Indica Silhouette, a 3.5 litre V6 330 PS formula concept car, capable of doing 0 – 100 km in 4.5 seconds with a top speed of 270 kmph. This rear-wheel drive car has been configured as a space frame made of aeronautical steel, with 17” wheels, adjustable progressive rate pneumatic suspension, data logging system and high-accuracy GPS.
- The Armoured Sumo 4x4, powered by the 3-litre direct injection common rail (DICOR) diesel engine. The seating is configured for six armed personnel, with a roof hatch to accommodate two persons and four separate firing ports. The Company is also displaying a TL 4x4 application for defence services and the police.

Tata Motors, the 5th largest medium and heavy truck manufacturer and the second largest medium and heavy bus manufacturer in the world, has also on display its Luxury Bus range and the recently launched smallest truck, Tata Ace, and the largest truck, Tata Novus, along with a wide range of trucks and buses.

Mr. Ravi Kant, Managing Director of Tata Motors, said, "All these products will evoke significant consumer response and create a strong position in their respective segments. Going forward, Tata Motors is actively pursuing creation of newer and better products through its network of international development centres in India, South Korea, Spain & the UK where it recently opened its European Technical Centre."

About Tata Motors
Tata Motors is India's largest automobile company, with revenues of US$ 4.7 billion in 2004 05. With over 3 million Tata vehicles plying in India, it is the leader by far in commercial vehicles and the second largest in passenger cars. It is also the world's fifth largest medium and heavy truck manufacturer and the second largest medium and heavy bus manufacturer. Tata cars, buses and trucks are already being marketed in several countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, and South East Asia and in Australia. The company acquired the Daewoo Commercial Vehicles Company, Korea's second largest truck maker, in 2004. In 2005, it acquired a 21% stake in Hispano Carrocera, the reputed Spanish bus and coach manufacturer.

Tata Motors is one of the flagship companies of the Tata Group, which has a leadership position in Engineering, Materials, Energy, Consumer Products, Services and Communication, Hotels and Information Systems.

- Ends -

Debasis Ray
Head – Corporate Communications
Tata Motors Ltd
Phone: 022- 5665 7209
Email: debasis.ray@tatamotors.com
www.tatamotors.com Tarun D. Nagrani / Suresh Rangarajan
Vaishnavi Corporate Communications
Phone: 011-52393500
Email: tnagrani@vccpl.com, suresh@vccpl.com
Mobile :9818604526/ 0-9821611560

@ RKG - Has tata only shown the ABS & Airbag variant at the expo or has it lauchned it. THe updated site doesnot mention anything??

http://indica.tatamotors.com/turbo/Features.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
a whopping 50% increase? Fat chance...

GTO

he has the Indica 2000...and it gives 11 in city conditions now.

Mine is a v2 Indica (less than a year old) and I get ~13 in city (without a/c) and 15 on highways...so I dont see why a engine remap or some other stuff they did cant take the mileage up to 14?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
@ RKG - Has tata only shown the ABS & Airbag variant at the expo or has it lauchned it. THe updated site doesnot mention anything??

http://indica.tatamotors.com/turbo/Features.aspx

Hi! i did not go to auto expo. iam in bangalore. i got it form tatamotors website. i checked for further details at indica turbo website but did not get any. this is in the first page of www.tatamotors.com under the media release section