Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2011, 18:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Autocar Young Driver 2011 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Hey I've already booked the slot on 4th May, 3pm. Will let you know how it goes in the RNS centre
Sure, tell us your experiences and maybe a trick or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Guys,

Anybody taking the 2nd round test in Yeshwantpur, Bangalore? I am free after 12th may, I was thinking i could meet a few bhpians.
Hey, I have booked it on may 15th, at 12pm. Would be great to meet a fellow bhpian.
Old 1st May 2011, 22:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Hey, I have booked it on may 15th, at 12pm. Would be great to meet a fellow bhpian.
Awesome! I will book a slot soon on 15th at 12, Please PM me your phone number so that we can coordinate.

Lets wait for a few more bhpians to turn up!
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:39   #33
BHPian

Im through as well. Looks like they have sent many to Phase-2. I will be fixing an appointment at Arumbakkam in Chennai, probably this weekend. Anybody else coming to the same place?
Old 2nd May 2011, 14:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey BHP brotherins, I am through as well to the Phase II. As designersf has posted, guess many are!!
I have booked a slot on the 6th of May b/w 12.20-1pm or something at Mandovi motors in J.P Nagar. Please let me know if any other Bhpian will be there, a meet would just be an icing on the cake
Old 2nd May 2011, 15:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey BHP brotherins, I am through as well to the Phase II. As designersf has posted, guess many are!!
I have booked a slot on the 6th of May b/w 12.20-1pm or something at Mandovi motors in J.P Nagar. Please let me know if any other Bhpian will be there, a meet would just be an icing on the cake
Hey Vik,

I think libranof1987 took his test there today at 12pm. I am taking my test at the same place on 4th. But still, if you are around after your test on 6th, do buzz me. We can catch up.

Cheers.
Old 2nd May 2011, 16:13   #36
BHPian

I went for my Test today. I gave my Test at Apra Auto opposite sec 14 Gurgaon.

I was pretty excited to see and feel the simulator. I was pretty confident also considering I have a Logitech GT steering wheel with PS3 with me I thought I should be good with this simulator.

Well I think my test did not go that well. I had real problems with the breaks as to me they were non existent also the sense of speed was not at all there because there no engine sound imitation present so I could not make out at what speed I am going and hence my attention was most of the time directed towards the speedo. Things were still moving okay when in the end there was this one person roaming on the road, I slowed down my car and as soon as I was about to cross him he jumped in front of the car and died and I got a message "Test Failed". Everybody around me including the person taking the test was laughing. Out of embarassment I didnt say anything after that. But still it was FUN I would say. Some experience.

I actually was planning for my wife to learn driving from the Maruti school as they had this simulator and stuff but after driving myself on their simulator I dont think that it reflects even 10% of real life driving.

I dont think that after killing a person on their simulator I would be going any bit further in the contest.

My Best of Luck for other TBhpians!!
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Awesome! I will book a slot soon on 15th at 12, Please PM me your phone number so that we can coordinate.

Lets wait for a few more bhpians to turn up!
We could make it a BHP meet there.

Irrespective of the outcome of the test, it will be fun!

I have PM'ed my number to you.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:33   #38
Senior - BHPian

Oh crap Rachit you serious bro?? I don't know about the simulator, but anybody who kills a pedestrian won't be driving for a while!!! LOL

Xryder, sure we will do that and atleast share our experiences with the simulator which should help other contestants.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:41   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Hey Vik,

I think libranof1987 took his test there today at 12pm. I am taking my test at the same place on 4th. But still, if you are around after your test on 6th, do buzz me. We can catch up.

Cheers.
Hey. I actually didn't manage to take it; had a dentist's appointment that stretched way too long. (Power cut to blame, mind you)

I'm just thinking if I should bother trying to get another slot or should just let it go. Not too kicked about it. (Especially after the F1 Induction Program!)
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:22   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Hey. I actually didn't manage to take it; had a dentist's appointment that stretched way too long. (Power cut to blame, mind you)

I'm just thinking if I should bother trying to get another slot or should just let it go. Not too kicked about it. (Especially after the F1 Induction Program!)

NOOO. Please come with me tomorrow. Lets try and see if you can get another slot for tomorrow. My test is at 1.20pm tomorrow at Mandovi, JP Nagar. Try and see if you can make it brother. PM your contact no.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I went for my Test today. I gave my Test at Apra Auto opposite sec 14 Gurgaon.

I was pretty excited to see and feel the simulator. I was pretty confident also considering I have a Logitech GT steering wheel with PS3 with me I thought I should be good with this simulator.

Well I think my test did not go that well. I had real problems with the breaks as to me they were non existent also the sense of speed was not at all there because there no engine sound imitation present so I could not make out at what speed I am going and hence my attention was most of the time directed towards the speedo. Things were still moving okay when in the end there was this one person roaming on the road, I slowed down my car and as soon as I was about to cross him he jumped in front of the car and died and I got a message "Test Failed". Everybody around me including the person taking the test was laughing. Out of embarassment I didnt say anything after that. But still it was FUN I would say. Some experience.

I actually was planning for my wife to learn driving from the Maruti school as they had this simulator and stuff but after driving myself on their simulator I dont think that it reflects even 10% of real life driving.

I dont think that after killing a person on their simulator I would be going any bit further in the contest.

My Best of Luck for other TBhpians!!

Well you are lucky. I failed within 30 secs of starting the test . Hit a woman who suddenly jumped in between but that was in 2009. Let's see what I can do this time. However, like you pointed out, the best word is -the simulator is 'lifeless'. You don't get the sense of driving a real car. Its like one of those arcade games that existed in 1980s. [EDIT] Sorry. Worse than those arcade games even!
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Well you are lucky. I failed within 30 secs of starting the test . Hit a woman who suddenly jumped in between but that was in 2009. Let's see what I can do this time. However, like you pointed out, the best word is -the simulator is 'lifeless'. You don't get the sense of driving a real car. Its like one of those arcade games that existed in 1980s. [EDIT] Sorry. Worse than those arcade games even!
Yup!! I absolutely agree with you..

In my observation the hardware (Steering, Brake part) was still acceptable but the software module in which you drive the car actually looked like 1980s and did not reflect the Real Life situations very well.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:56   #43
BHPian

Can anyone who took the test at Mandovi, JP Nagar put up a write-up of their experience there ? It would help greatly.
Old 3rd May 2011, 17:53   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
NOOO. Please come with me tomorrow. Lets try and see if you can get another slot for tomorrow. My test is at 1.20pm tomorrow at Mandovi, JP Nagar. Try and see if you can make it brother. PM your contact no.
I got a call from them asking why I didn't show up. They said I could just drop in at any of the Maruti Driving Schools.

Guess I can make it tomorrow at 1pm. See you there!
Old 3rd May 2011, 21:14   #45
BHPian

Go through to Phase 2. But wouldn't be able to schedule a test as my return to India has been delayed by a week. :-(

Was hoping to go to a center for taking the test for Phase 2. :-(

Any options on doing it after May 24?

Most Viewed