Team-BHP - The Autocar Young Driver 2011 Competition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Autocar Young Driver 2011 Competition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/98866-autocar-young-driver-2011-competition.html)

I heard about this on the radio and caught my attention immediately.

Akin to the previous year, the Young Driver contest is back for 2011.

Here's the link :
Young Driver 2011

I'm not sure when the contest was launched; how many T-BHPians registered already?

MODS : Saw separate threads for the 2009 and 2010 edition so created one for 2011.

Here are two detailed discussions for those wanting to know more:

Young Driver 2009

Young Driver 2010

Ya. Registered and attended the quiz thrice. Twice i got 76%, the third time i got 100% .

I just took the test the first time and scored 77%. Some of the questions were a little incomplete I felt.

I took the online test of Autocar Young driver 2011 Competition and scored 92% in first attempt in twelve minutes. Due to poor internet connection my time was affected as webpages took lot of time to load.
Some questions were ambiguous and I felt that some multiple choice answers were incorrect.
Does taking the online test multiple times affect your chances for qualifying in phase 2 of the competition?

Got 80% in 7 mins. Any chances?

95% in 8 mins :) I hope its a good score.

86% in 11 minutes. Jitters!!!

I got this mail from maruti, I think there are very less participants from Bangalore.

We appreciate your awarness towards safe driving, however the response from your city is relatively low.

Quote:

We request you to please spread the message of safe driving amongst your friends and family in your city. To ensure that your city also gets represented well in second round and grand finale, would request you to involve as many of your friends and collaegues and invite them to participate in the contest.

This is one question that stumped me. Any clue? (By the way, I scored 93% in 16 minutes, first attempt.)

I took it four times - 83,84,85,86. All completed in four odd minutes. Very little hope of making it to the next round thanks to ambiguous questions like the one 'jinojohnt' has indicated.

That said, hearty congratulations to those who have hit 90+

@jinojohnt - I ticked the first option for that

The best I could achieve is 81% in 5' 43" in four attempts :p. I got bored to try again as some of the questions are really idiotic!!
I'm sure, the % scored and the time taken for it plays a very important factor.

Just tried my hand on the Quiz. Scored 100% on the first attempt :D.

The Autocar Young Driver 2011 Competition-picture-1.png

Scored 100%, 8 min 14 sec

Quite a few questions repeated though.

Registrations for phase 1 is closed, but allowed to take theory test :D

Total Score : 100 %
Total Time : 8 : 53

First attempt.

Btw, many questions are ambiguous as many pointed out.