Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 23:13   #196
BHPian

Re: March 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Comparing Punto and Figo would be comparing apples and oranges.

Punto engines (petrol and diesel) are much more advanced. The build quality is also volumes ahead. The interior plastic quality may not be luxurious and posh as compared to I20, but then the top end diesel Punto is cheaper than I20 diesel.

Also, the build/ride handling quality of Punto is unmatched to I20 and Figo.
this is what you, I and the rest of 1100/month people know about punto. Majority of the (8k figo, 7k i20 and 4k polo)/month buying population don't realize.
they do compare apples with oranges.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:11   #197
BHPian

Surprised to see Accent selling 4 times than that of Verna!
Old 15th April 2011, 12:18   #198
BHPian

Figo has really pushed nitrous for Ford, the sales figures are really impressive. And after all ifs and buts they have finally decided to bring in the new Fiesta, I have seen it in Dubai and it is a Feast for eyes. Honda, VW get ready for turbulence.

I have also seen the new verna and it looks gorgeous. So the 8-10 lakh customers will be spoilt for choice, such a breather !!!

Its sad to see the figures of Fiat, got nice products but I guess they are not able to win customer confidence. pricing is other side they need to brush up.

Germans are really clocking good numbers, 380 BMW 5-series thats SUPERB

Honda, all figures on downhill, "ones loss is others gain" so true
Old 15th April 2011, 12:42   #199
BHPian

5 people bought Palios! This really made my day. I'm sure they're FIAT and or automotive enthusiasts! Drive on fiat!!!
Old 15th April 2011, 12:50   #200
Senior - BHPian

"Swift - 12114"

That's a huge number of Swifts, bearing in mind that this is a 5+ year old model. Goes on to prove that the awesome A.S.S of Maruti Suzuki plays a huge part in a buyer's decision. Not to mention, the amazing reliability of this car.
Old 15th April 2011, 12:58   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
5 people bought Palios!
Guess your line should be rephrased as "5 people got delivered the Palios booked during the so called Dhamaka offer in mid 2010".
Old 15th April 2011, 18:10   #202
Senior - BHPian

For all people interested in the breakup of Alto F8D and K10, its around 23k F8D and 14K K10. This is not the exact figure, but it gives us an idea into the ratio.
Old 15th April 2011, 21:17   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Guess your line should be rephrased as "5 people got delivered the Palios booked during the so called Dhamaka offer in mid 2010".
Ah yes, the super late deliveries. But I think one can still order Palio Stile MJD's right? There's an extra payment or something.
Old 16th April 2011, 12:40   #204
BHPian

Punto and Linea definitely seems to be in trouble. 759 lineas is really a dissapointing number when you consider that even the old Fiesta sells around 1300.
The advent of the Figo on the market seems to have been the final nail for Punto. The driveabilty and the ligher weight of the Figo results in a much better driving experience in the city and crowded highway conditions. I am sure this has taken a lot of customers away from Punto. Punto has lost it's handling/build quality USP too with the advent of the Figo and Polo. Fiat has only itself to blame for the disastrous failure of it's cars starting from Palio to Punto and Linea today inspite of them being decent cars
Old 16th April 2011, 19:53   #205
BHPian

I notice the Ambassador is the best selling car in The HM Mitsubhishi stable. Are they serious about the Indian market?
Old 17th April 2011, 09:11   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Surprised to see Accent selling 4 times than that of Verna!
But that is definitely due to the 'design-completely-went-wrong' Verna!!! AND everyone one knows any moment the striking new hot Verna will be out!!! And Iam pretty sure very soon Hyundai might give some special offers to sell out the remaining ugly Vernas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
"Swift - 12114"

That's a huge number of Swifts, bearing in mind that this is a 5+ year old model. Goes on to prove that the awesome A.S.S of Maruti Suzuki plays a huge part in a buyer's decision. Not to mention, the amazing reliability of this car.
Don't get excited dude. The Swift numbers have infact come down. They were touching the 13-14k mark earlier. The 'dip' in sales is probably due to the news of the new Swift IMHO. But still the numbers are too good for a 5+ yr old car!!! Swift rocks!

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 17th April 2011 at 09:14.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:30   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
But that is definitely due to the 'design-completely-went-wrong' Verna!!! AND everyone one knows any moment the striking new hot Verna will be out!!! And Iam pretty sure very soon Hyundai might give some special offers to sell out the remaining ugly Vernas!

Don't get excited dude. The Swift numbers have infact come down. They were touching the 13-14k mark earlier. The 'dip' in sales is probably due to the news of the new Swift IMHO. But still the numbers are too good for a 5+ yr old car!!! Swift rocks!
Verna went out of production last month (Check GTO's analysis). Hyundai have started producing the new Verna. Hence the low sales. Normally, even the facelifted Verna Transform sold close to 1.8k-2k every month consistently.

Any idea on the model-wise break-up of sales for Audi & Mercedes?
Old 18th April 2011, 15:27   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
Figo has really pushed nitrous for Ford, the sales figures are really impressive. And after all ifs and buts they have finally decided to bring in the new Fiesta, I have seen it in Dubai and it is a Feast for eyes. Honda, VW get ready for turbulence.

I have also seen the new verna and it looks gorgeous. So the 8-10 lakh customers will be spoilt for choice, such a breather !!!

Honda, all figures on downhill, "ones loss is others gain" so true

SX4's addition of diesel engine has brought it back to earlier volumes. Vento has not really dented the sales of City to a large extent.

So, what would be interesting to see is if the segment itself expands as a whole or the sales get spread out between the 2 new arrivals; Verna and Fiesta.

The Verna would the most interesting to watch given its spread of 4 engines and AT / MT on offer. Exciting times indeed for the 8-10 lakh segment!
Old 19th April 2011, 23:53   #209
BHPian

Came across this phenomenal stat while browsing... An Indian car as the world's highest selling model!

Maruti Suzuki Alto becomes world's largest selling car

Lets Go!
Old 20th April 2011, 02:43   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjlives View Post
Came across this phenomenal stat while browsing... An Indian car as the world's highest selling model!

Maruti Suzuki Alto becomes world's largest selling car

Lets Go!
I'm elated to know that my Alto is the world's largest selling model. That a 10-yr-old car continues to dazzle sales charts despite the arrival of newer, cheaper competitors (like the Nano and Spark) never ceases to amaze me. And going by the 30k+ sales each month, it is expected to break even more records a la Sachin. Wonder why this little beauty does not figure in the list of cars above the "Search Team-bhp link".

By the way, is indiainfoline.com a foreign website? How else does one explain the A-Star picture being described as "Alto" in an article on the Indian bestseller?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks