Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2011, 23:19   #91
BHPian

Re: March 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Continuing along with Honda bashing that has been going along, I too am very pleased with the ANHC dethronement. Honda India is so smug they think they can keep getting away with the arrogant attitude; like not even offering essentials like automatic climate control in a 11 lac car ! Or price the CrV at 30 lacs.

Very very happy to see the Skoda Yeti establish itself as the second most popular premium SUV. The numbers are no doubt constrained by production/delivery issues and will surely rise. See so many Yeti on the roads everyday !
Old 3rd April 2011, 23:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Honda is really felling some heat from the Diesel Sedans and they will possibly take a while to come up with a Diesel as i believe theyre still testing there technology. I believe they will cover some lost ground with the new Civic coming sometime this year and possibly with a face-lifted city which couldnt be too far away.
Old 4th April 2011, 05:43   #93
BHPian

Instead of coming up with diesel, Honda could consider bringing the Insight hybrid or integrate that technology in other vehicles. That should give them a head start in the low cost hybrid vehicles.

It is completely different matter that the Insight neither looks good nor drives good hence it's paltry sales nos. However the technology could be looked at for other vehicles.
Old 4th April 2011, 06:53   #94
BHPian

Ok a few records have been broken this month:

- 38,065 units is the best ever month for the Maruti Alto, beating its previous record established last January (33,118) by nearly 5,000 units!

- 8,926 units is the best ever month for the Ford Figo, beating the previous record of 8,616 set last January.

- Best ever month for the VW Vento at 3,973

- Best ever month for the VW Polo at 3,881

- Best ever month (but still early days) for the Toyota Etios at 3,257

- Best ever month for the Nissan Micra at 2,060

Lastly, 10,278 sales is the best month for the Maruti Dzire in over a year.
Old 4th April 2011, 07:38   #95
BHPian

Was wondering why doesn't Tata give break up of it's two twins. Vista and Indica, Indigo and Manza.
We would get to know more on the buyer profile. If I am not wrong, Indica and Indigo are preferred more by fleet/rental customers than retail ones. More over aren't they supposed to be different platforms (new/old) like Accent and Verna.
Old 4th April 2011, 08:59   #96
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Great to see the performance of Vento and SX4 vs the city. Power to the Diesels.

There was a comment by the dealer who sold my Aria when I went to meet him for accessories that TATA is facing it hard to deliver on the top end models due to delays in supplies and that this was improving towards end of March. Don't know how true this is but the dealer knew he could not make me a second sale when he was speaking. They have of course already planned for a 4X2 variant called Plus that is also detailed in the Service Manual since day 1, but when they launch it and at what price is a question the answer for which needs to be waited for.

Sumo, Xylo at similar nos.
Safari doing really well - even with a new one round the corner? All the more reason for the present one to continue in some form.

Innova and Scorpio fighting it out quite well. It is Ironical that the Scoprio in many ways beats the Safari by a big margin and the Innova does beat the Xylo by a similarly big margin but cross segment buyer expectations leads to this odd ball of Scopio and Innova numbers matching. Sumo too seems to be doing quite well.

Manza holding on reasonably post Etios.

Nano doing very well and rising month on month.

All Skodas doing well (or rather much better) for their respective segments. Yeti too making a mark with its odd shape and segment positioning.

Superb may still carry on post new Passat. I don't think VW has made that impression of being more premium than Skoda evident enough in India.

Honda is dire straits, and it needs a diesel, Toyota too would have been in a bad shape if it did not have a diesel, (Except Etios) but it does and that is the first major difference.

Kizashe of course not doing well, dzire continues,

I10, 120 continue, verna and new festa awaited.
Old 4th April 2011, 09:27   #97
BHPian

I don't think VW has made that impression of being more premium than Skoda evident enough in India.

I do not think so. Just see Polo Vs Fabia. VW IS premium
Old 4th April 2011, 10:21   #98
BHPian

It's good to see sumo doing 2.5K number, almost equal to xylo. Has it finally overcome the initial huccups? Has consumer finally accepted it? I've always felt sumo has potential. its looks far better than xylo (my personal opinion). Only if tata had made it good the first time...
Old 4th April 2011, 10:43   #99
J.Ravi

I don't see FIAT's numbers anywhere. Perhaps, FIAT India have become too indifferent to release their numbers as they have become almost the same during the past.

Old 4th April 2011, 10:56   #100
Team-BHP Support

Volvo seems get some numbers here. 37 for XC60, and hope they do better with the S60.

Hope Tata try to do something like what Skoda did with the Fabia. Maybe get a 2WD variant, and price it close to Innova. It is a good product, and just 98 units a month is not something it deserve!

205 for Jetta is quite good, considering the fact that its a soon to be replaced model. Same is the case for Ford Fiesta.

And finally, Why we don't have another SUV to give a fight to the Fortuner? Clearly a lack of able competition in that space.
Old 4th April 2011, 12:16   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Some performances that stood out:

- History in the making, folk. For the first time in a decade, the Honda City has been dethroned as the king of the 8 - 9 lakh rupee sedan segment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Kizashi gets what it deserves; just over a 100 in only its 3rd month! Beaten already by the Accord & Superb.
For City and Kizashi, We have to take cognizance of supply issues created by earthquake in Japan.

Localization of City is approx 75% and for Kizashi it is 0%. These cars are heavily dependent on parts imported from Japan. That creates a major supply side issue for these cars.

OTOH, Alto Juggernaut continues.

Sales for last 8 months:

Quote:
Month # Units
Jan-10
Feb-10
Mar-10
Apr-10
May-10
Jun-10
Jul-10
Aug-10 28,430
Sep-10 30,147
Oct-10 32,612
Nov-10 32,377
Dec-10 26,937
Jan-11 33,118
Feb-11 33,015
Mar-11 38,065
Old 4th April 2011, 12:19   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
for once a sales figure thread that has not turned into a Fiat bashing thread just one post mentioning total Fiat aales at 1860
ha..ha..Any idea what is the break up Linea/Punto?
Old 4th April 2011, 12:27   #103
Senior - BHPian

My two cents:

1. With the bashing of City, I can see one more trend.
Just in case if the Hyundai comes with a 1L engine and prices it close to Alto.
Then needless to say there will be more sales close enough to displace Alto.
Then the same people will start saying all bad things about Alto like its legroom its headroom etc. Just that people wont notice a negative until its hitting high marks in sales.

There is no point in attacking City guys, the price is not higher at all. And no one told a word about City till date. I am surprised on the back lash.

2. With the Figo doing well, one thing is clear. Ford has made sure a great platform is set up for the launch of its global model a la Fiesta. Imagine if Fiesta had got launched before Figo, people would have clamed down a great product.
Now Ford seems to be a household name with the launch of Figo. All they got to do is price it right. As the product is already established to be great. Once price is set right all other things will fall in place.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 4th April 2011 at 21:04. Reason: Please refrain from using SMS language ! (abt = about)
Old 4th April 2011, 12:32   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
There is no point in attacking City guys, the price is not higher at all. And no one told a word abt City till date. I am surprised on the back lash.

From Forum's car review section:
Quote:
Surprisingly, Honda is not ranked highly on the after-sales service aspect in India. Except for some bright sparks, our ownership reviews indicate that most Honda dealerships are arrogant and not customer centric. We suggest searching through the Team-BHP forums for a dealership review from your city.
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
Old 4th April 2011, 12:37   #105
BHPian

As GTO put it, Alto alone sells more than all Hyundais put together. May be we should have a new thread to discuss what what makes Alto tick and sell the way it does!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks