Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 21:46   #121
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Re: March 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Rather than being a thread that is about interpretation and analysis of sales, this usually turns out a place where people vent out against a certain brand or car, loses out the meaning and fun of reading the posts, hope folks can post some more value( like those who post number trends, graphs etc)
Old 4th April 2011, 22:03   #122
BHPian

Sad to see FIAT declining! They should be seriously looking inwards to see what is wrong! They have the most aesthetic & ergonomic designs in thier hand & they can't see because of their attitude!

It is also unfortunate to see Honda sales declining! They have a reliable car with refined engine. They should be more willing to listen to customer feedback & adapting to the local market!

I had Fiat, sold -poor service. Went to Honda City- Sold that too, can't drive on a potholed/large hump roads here
Old 4th April 2011, 22:10   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Rather than being a thread that is about interpretation and analysis of sales, this usually turns out a place where people vent out against a certain brand or car, loses out the meaning and fun of reading the posts, hope folks can post some more value( like those who post number trends, graphs etc)
Very well said MKH.A monthly wise analysis of the last year car sales and separate analysis of petrol cars in each segment and sale of diesel cars.And with each petrol price hike,or with the launch of a new car,how it has affected or boosted sale of cars.I am sure there are talented guys who can come up with such figures. This would bring out a healthy discussion.
Old 4th April 2011, 22:20   #124
BHPian

I never thought I would say this, but I think Honda City's dream run looks like coming to an abrupt halt. I wonder whether 2.6K City's a month is enough to keep Honda afloat in India. Assuming a margin of 1L, the total profit is $5M, that's hardly enough IMO. Honda needs to do something drastic, and fast.

M.S. has hit 10K with DZire, and is seeing new highs with SX4, truly unprecedented. How on earth did M.S. sell 100 odd Kizashi's, unless ofcourse 100 dealers decided to have it on display, and were forced to buy it.

VW is doing a Team-India on everyone with its' stellar performance. At this rate, we might have very few of the true beauties on road - City & Linea - but a lot more VFM sedans.

Thanks for the numbers GTO.
Old 4th April 2011, 22:30   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Another dismal month from Fiat.

Fiat India has registered a sales decline by 11.49% that stood at 1865 units of sales in the month of March 2011 compared to 2107 units same month last year.

Cheers!
You can say little improvement from the Feb 2011 figures.

Feb 2011 Sold : 1842
March 2011 Sold :1865
Old 4th April 2011, 22:33   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Very rightly sad mkh, in fact you stole my words but was hesitant to mention here. The thread should more used for interpretation and analysis rather than bashing a brand/car without understanding the entire scenario.

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th April 2011 at 22:35.
Old 5th April 2011, 00:37   #127
BHPian

In C segment, it would be very interesting once the new Fiesta and Verna are out. I really wonder how they will fare with City, Vento, Linea and SX4.

Ford has really made an impact with Figo and would be expecting to repeat the same with Fiesta. Hyundai has its strong network and A.S.S in its favour. From Q3 people will have very many options to choose from - Both in petrol and Diesel
Old 5th April 2011, 10:45   #128
BHPian

Oh what a month!!! Honda finally brought down from its high perch. Well done, Vento and SX4. From the segment leader to 3rd in the segment, time Honda wakes up. Having said that, the City sales are not that bad considering it offers only petrol cars.

Figo continues its golder run. Good for Ford. Now bring on the new Fiesta to make the sedan segment more competative.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:50   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
TATA is facing it hard to deliver on the top end models due to delays in supplies and that this was improving towards end of March. Don't know how true this is but the dealer knew he could not make me a second sale when he was speaking.
This statement is absolutely true, you talk about a second sale they are not even being able to deliver cars from previous bookings.

The issue will be resolved from this month onwards and deliveries will speed up. The demand for the top model Aria has risen and just because of this supplier issue for the top model the sales are low. The top variant currently is not being manufactured.

The sales figures mentioned by GTO are of the other two variants.

Last edited by Zappex : 5th April 2011 at 11:53. Reason: Addition
Old 5th April 2011, 12:06   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
Sad to see FIAT declining! They should be seriously looking inwards to see what is wrong! They have the most aesthetic & ergonomic designs in thier hand & they can't see because of their attitude!

It is also unfortunate to see Honda sales declining! They have a reliable car with refined engine. They should be more willing to listen to customer feedback & adapting to the local market!

I had Fiat, sold -poor service. Went to Honda City- Sold that too, can't drive on a potholed/large hump roads here
Guess the FIAT service is a mixed bag. I have had absolutely wonderful experience from FIAT for my Punto. They even opened up their service centre at 9.00pm on a Sunday just to look into a issue I had on the car.All it took was a phone call.

Regarding Honda people talking to their customers, think they are already doing it. I had someone flying in from delhi just to talk to me about what I was looking for in their Brio. And I stay at the other end of the country. Just coz I have a couple of Honda's!

Last edited by ronin : 5th April 2011 at 12:10.
Old 5th April 2011, 12:16   #131
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents here:

I guess in coming months, SX4 will lead the chart in C segment over City. Vento is doing well but it will suffer when New Fiesta & Verna are launched. Maruti has there own customers. They wont go anywhere, not same with VW. SO SX4 with diesel will win the war in coming months for sure over City & vento.

Swift is doing very well & will do better once new one is launched. It will hamper the sales of Figo, i20, Fabia etc for sure with its improved features & interiors.

Maruti dont have to worry about Dzire. Even after the launch of Manza & Etios, it is doing extremely well. It will continue to sell huge with its VFM tag.

Alto is selling great. MSIL should seriously bring AT in that. With AT in K10 version it will cross 40 K mark also for sure. I will buy one for sure for my wife

Nano i guess will settle in 8-10 K sales. I dont see much potential above that. May go upto 12K max. If Tata improves few issues, then it might change the game.

Any Idea what are the numbers of Premier Rio? I saw few in Pune recently. It looks really cute.
Old 5th April 2011, 12:30   #132
Senior - BHPian

Tata Venture has not really picked up (247 for March 2011) in sales. What is the reason? Cost?

Look at its competition
Omni : 7808
Eeco : 6608

If Kizashi continues to sell 100 per month, I would consider it as a good number for Maruti. Have they announced what their target sales was for the Kizashi?

Last edited by pjbiju : 5th April 2011 at 12:32.
Old 5th April 2011, 12:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

What about the TATA Magic numbers? I see them (taxis) everywhere on the road nowadays.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:41   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
What about the TATA Magic numbers? I see them (taxis) everywhere on the road nowadays.
Magic is commercial vehicle. So, it'll not come here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Tata Venture has not really picked up (247 for March 2011) in sales. What is the reason? Cost?

Look at its competition
Omni : 7808
Eeco : 6608
I don't think cost is the reason. It is more to do with marketing. How many people know that there is a vehicle named Venture? Tata has to market it. Period.
Old 5th April 2011, 14:41   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjal View Post
No introduction of new model can help FIAT India.

The only way things will change is if they get a new management in place, that can think for itself and primarily, is interested in selling cars.
Fiat Linea . Admiration Guaranteed . For everything else, keep praying

Wanted to buy linea so badly but was put off by scary A.S.S. and the shaky Fiat presence in India. We used to also own a Premier Padmini earlier and that car was rock solid too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed