Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 14:52   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: March 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Magic is commercial vehicle. So, it'll not come here.
I see some private Magics as well. Also, I guess most of the Omnis are bought for commercial purposes, unlike the Eecos.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:16   #137
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Toyota Fortuner's 980 is a huge number indeed.
Especially with Endy at 331, Captiva at 220, Yeti at 275, Santa Fe at 121, CRV at 56 and X Trail at 29!!
Seems the Toyota badge continues its dream run with the Fortuner though it is quite an expensive vehicle.
Old 5th April 2011, 15:24   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I see some private Magics as well. Also, I guess most of the Omnis are bought for commercial purposes, unlike the Eecos.
Let me re-phrase it then! Magic is sold through the commercial division of Tata wherein all Marutis are sold under 1 roof. Since, these are factory to dealer dispatches, I think magic dispatch would be under the commercial vehicles.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:41   #139
BHPian

The only car I know of, which you need to be alert when the booking will be open again, as though you are waiting for the nursery school admission form!! Only Toyota can do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Toyota Fortuner's 980 is a huge number indeed.
Especially with Endy at 331, Captiva at 220, Yeti at 275, Santa Fe at 121, CRV at 56 and X Trail at 29!!
Seems the Toyota badge continues its dream run with the Fortuner though it is quite an expensive vehicle.
Old 5th April 2011, 17:48   #140
Senior - BHPian

Dear GTO, any reason for Mitsubishi being left out? no data yet or insignificant for discussion?
Old 5th April 2011, 21:04   #141
Senior - BHPian

Kizashi i think will be stuck at this 100 units level,i dont think it will go above this.Havnt seen any on road yet though!

And no official test drive of the Kizashi yet on tbhp?
Old 5th April 2011, 21:11   #142
BHPian

It really pains me to see Fiat going down month after month. But it gets on my nerves to think they really haven't done anything significant to improve their A-S-S, albeit the entire owner/enthusiast community raising a flag for years now.
Fiat should seriously think about breaking away from Tata and starting their own service network. It would be a slow, tough and expensive exercise, but would do them a world of good in the long run.

By the way, does anyone have information about the individual numbers of the alto and K-10? Curious to know how the old one is doing.
Old 5th April 2011, 23:10   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
This statement is absolutely true, you talk about a second sale they are not even being able to deliver cars from previous bookings.

The issue will be resolved from this month onwards and deliveries will speed up. The demand for the top model Aria has risen
This contradicts with what GTO posted in opening post....Who is right here? But one thing for sure, there are not too many Aria's on road now...
Quote:
- Aria tanks. Not surprising, considering Tata's over-confident pricing strategy. Dealer complaints about unsold Arias in their inventory have already started doing the rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
It is more to do with marketing. How many people know that there is a vehicle named Venture? Tata has to market it. Period.
Once the production is ramped up, probably you will see more marketing from TM. It is too early to write off Venture.

Last edited by teamveevee : 5th April 2011 at 23:14.
Old 6th April 2011, 11:54   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Once the production is ramped up, probably you will see more marketing from TM. It is too early to write off Venture.
I am not writing it off. I love TATA and would love to see this vehicle being successful.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:17   #145
BHPian

No FIAT Linea and Punto figures published still? I am sure they have sold a few as usual.
Old 6th April 2011, 12:23   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saugdas View Post
No FIAT Linea and Punto figures published still? I am sure they have sold a few as usual.
Fiat's total sales were reported to be around 1860 for March. Going by the sales in the last 1-2 months, I would expect that to be made up of ~700 Lineas and ~1150 Puntos. Maybe a few Palios as well.
Old 6th April 2011, 14:37   #147
BHPian

It's quite surprising to notice that Honda is still not planning to bring any diesels!
Old 6th April 2011, 16:57   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Kizashi i think will be stuck at this 100 units level,i dont think it will go above this.Havnt seen any on road yet though!

And no official test drive of the Kizashi yet on tbhp?
There is already a test drive by Sidindica for the Kizashi. See the test drives section. If MSIL manages 100 nos of Kizashi consistently, I think they would have done a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
It really pains me to see Fiat going down month after month. But it gets on my nerves to think they really haven't done anything significant to improve their A-S-S, albeit the entire owner/enthusiast community raising a flag for years now.
Fiat should seriously think about breaking away from Tata and starting their own service network. It would be a slow, tough and expensive exercise, but would do them a world of good in the long run.

By the way, does anyone have information about the individual numbers of the alto and K-10? Curious to know how the old one is doing.
I feel there is more to Fiat than just bad A** for their pathetic sales performance. Their product interior quality not being upto the mark, marketing efforts not upto the levels of competition are also some of the other reasons in my opinion.

Alto K10 must be rocking I guess. pre K10 sales of Alto was around 22k. So may be around 15K must be k10
Old 6th April 2011, 16:57   #149
BHPian

all our colleagues are happy bashing Honda for their City numbers
Honda will hopefully respond with a bumper product
Tata Aria's numbers may improve in the future
Old 6th April 2011, 18:12   #150
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*UPDATE*

Fiat & HM-Mitsubishi added to the opening post.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed