Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2011, 11:59   #181
BANNED

Re: March 2011 : Indian Car Sales Figures

@ GTO what happened to Mercedes and Audi figures? Please do post them once you get it
Old 9th April 2011, 12:17   #182
Team-BHP Support

If we break-up the sales of Cars based on their fuel markings, I believe Honda City shall emerge as the undisputed leader amongst petrol powered sedans.

Its the diesel which is talking.
Old 9th April 2011, 18:29   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
@ GTO what happened to Mercedes and Audi figures? Please do post them once you get it
I think ( read it somewhere ) Mercedes sold close to 620 units (don't remember the exact figures )in march. No idea about Audi figures though !
Old 9th April 2011, 18:43   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I think ( read it somewhere ) Mercedes sold close to 620 units (don't remember the exact figures )in march. No idea about Audi figures though !
MBIL sold 833 units in March 2011. Here is news in todays Times of India

MBIL clocks highest ever Jan-March sales
TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Pune: Luxury car manufacturer Mercedes Benz India Limited posted its highest ever quarterly sales in January-March 2011 period by selling 2,135 units as compared with 1,282 unit it sold in the corresponding quarter last year.
A press release from the company said the growth of 67% was enabled by a 150 per cent year-on-year growth witnessed by the C-Class with 983 units (Jan-March 2010 — 393 units), followed closely by the segment leading E-Class with 789 units, registering a year-on-year growth of 19 per cent (Jan-Mar 2010 — 661 units).
The month of March provided a strong lever to Mercedes-Benz India’s quarterly results whereby the company netted total sales of 833 units making it the best ever month in the company history.
Old 9th April 2011, 19:04   #185
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the correction ! Huge Y-O-Y jump for C - class . I think , even the suv's are doing good !
Old 10th April 2011, 12:45   #186

This is one of the elite automotive forums. I don’t think one month sales figures would make forum members believe Honda is dethroned. People are aware of Honda cars performance in India. Honda city has been here for 12 years or so and has been made perfect for the Indian consumer.VW is new, yet to prove in after sales and product quality in India. They do have an excellent diesel engine, will that alone help them to win Indian customer?
It’s going to be tough completion in this segment and we the customer will benefit from this competition.
Old 10th April 2011, 15:33   #187
BHPian

I am surprised to see no official sales figure of Mahindra Thar. Why is M&M keeping it a secret?
Old 10th April 2011, 19:30   #188
MDe
BHPian

Something interesting, I see more 5 series Beemers sold than the 3 series.

The sales of civic is really really low now. The positive that I see is that Cruze has picked up further from last month and is selling like hot cakes. Laura is far behind. Altis is ahead but with a petrol and diesel combines sales.
Old 10th April 2011, 20:54   #189
BHPian

I too would like to know about the Thar figures, anyone??? Have the deliveries started? Haven't seen any in Bangy yet.
Old 12th April 2011, 17:53   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Audi has sold 681 units in the month of March 2011.
Same time last year their sales stood at 220 units. 3-fold increase in sales.
Since Jan-2011 ,Audi has sold 1611 units at a growth rate of a 107%
Old 13th April 2011, 18:55   #191
BHPian

Really disappointing sales from Fiat. Punto is in the middle of the VFM and High priced segment. When there are reliable VFM cars like Figo and Swift and high quality cars like Polo and i20 I doubt that a lot of people would be willing to put their money on Punto. I am myself in the same dilemma. One look at Figo price list and I get doubts in my mind whether Punto would be a practical or not. Figo's top end version is cheaper than Punto Emotion. What Fiat needs is Price revisions. Only 17k discount is being offered on Punto at the moment.

As for Tata Aria. I am yet to see a Pleasure or Prestige model on the road. All the Arias that I have seen till date are Pride models. Maybe there is a huge demand for the Pride Variant. And I dont think so Tata Motors is having any problem selling Arias. As they have recently increased the prices and plus if it doesnt sell as much in India they always have the option of exporting those models. And Auto gear box is the desperate need of the hour.

Otherwise the automobile companies are only posting more and more growth. Even after all the hikes and etc.
Old 14th April 2011, 11:48   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Really disappointing sales from Fiat. Punto is in the middle of the VFM and High priced segment. When there are reliable VFM cars like Figo and Swift and high quality cars like Polo and i20 I doubt that a lot of people would be willing to put their money on Punto. I am myself in the same dilemma. One look at Figo price list and I get doubts in my mind whether Punto would be a practical or not. Figo's top end version is cheaper than Punto Emotion. What Fiat needs is Price revisions. Only 17k discount is being offered on Punto at the moment.

Comparing Punto and Figo would be comparing apples and oranges.

Punto engines (petrol and diesel) are much more advanced. The build quality is also volumes ahead. The interior plastic quality may not be luxurious and posh as compared to I20, but then the top end diesel Punto is cheaper than I20 diesel.

Also, the build/ride handling quality of Punto is unmatched to I20 and Figo.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 14th April 2011 at 11:50.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:32   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bison View Post
This is one of the elite automotive forums. I don’t think one month sales figures would make forum members believe Honda is dethroned. People are aware of Honda cars performance in India. Honda city has been here for 12 years or so and has been made perfect for the Indian consumer.VW is new, yet to prove in after sales and product quality in India. They do have an excellent diesel engine, will that alone help them to win Indian customer?
It’s going to be tough completion in this segment and we the customer will benefit from this competition.

Well with the new Fiesta launched today and the Verna round the corner, SX4 diesel launched 6 weeks back, Honda will be very worried.

The City is the bread and butter product for HSCIL.the other manufacturers have close the gap with the city which even today is a fantastic product. However, the absence of a diesel, the unjustified premium charged by Honda and arrogance of the dealers does make it less than best "package".

Moreover, the relatively poor performance of the Jazz, Accord, CRV and Civic in the last 18 months have broken the perception that Honda is an infalliable brand.

It is hightime that HSCIL realised that they are not selling an Acura and became realistic with their premium expectations.

The customer will now have genuine oprions in this category.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:48   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Well with the new Fiesta launched today and the Verna round the corner, SX4 diesel launched 6 weeks back, Honda will be very worried.
It will be definitely a matter of concern for Honda. But if one prefers a petrol sedan most buyers will think of City only. It is the most powerful petrol sedan in its segment. Actually with the launch of fiesta diesel and Verna diesel things will get tougher for Vento as people will prefer the old players because of their after sales service assurance. Anyhow we should wait and see next six month sales figure and draw any conclusion.

Quote:
However, the absence of a diesel, the unjustified premium charged by
Refer this thread by GTO - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-think-so.html

Quote:

Honda and arrogance of the dealers does make it less than best "package".
At least I am one satisfied Honda customer, be it the sales or service, they have not let me down till date (touch-wood).

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th April 2011 at 13:49.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:38   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- The impure Cayenne outsells all of Porsche's pure sports cars. Now, who was arguing about Porsche making SUVs again? . Indians deeply value practicality, even when spending a crore.
I don't think it's practicality at play here. You're making the assumption that the vast majority of the ultra-luxury car buyers here are driving enthusiasts.

Paisa demands status demands SUV and not low-slung sports cars, especially among the 40+-year olds.

Besides, show me roads where I can drive a "pure" Porsche daily. It was meant to be the "everyday supercar" after all .

Regards,
spadix
Closed Thread

Most Viewed