Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 16:48   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
mycarhasablower - Please let me know after you send it so that I can inform my father about it.
I have PMd you my home address yesterday. Please mark the box as 'FRAGILE' on top so that the courier guys hopefully handles it carefully.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:11   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
Today i went and bought the wheel caps that jaisha8 asked me to, they cost 350 bucks(is that reasonable? i dont know since i havent ever bought wheel caps). They seem to be of good quality. Nice thick, rigid plastic. PAL logo in centre and the kind that holds onto all four nuts and not two, so going buy the info given by samsag they are of very good quality. Since these must have been lying with him for quite a while , they could be the original ones(i cant really say since i havent seen the original ones) but if more pieces are ordered they may not be the same quality is what i feel.

Also i have told him to get a set of he s1 badges to see the quality and if they are ctually made of alluminium. lets see.

meanwhile jaisha i am nt sure about how to send it to you, since the way they are packed now they will most definitely break in transit. do u want me to pack them in a bigger box with news paper acting as a shock absorber?

You do understand that the shipping might cost more than the caps themselves?(its a guess , havent ever shipped something this big so dont know)
Thanks a lot MCB for uploading the pics of the wheelcover. They seem to be of good quality but not at all NOS. They are manufactured from the same dye which was used to make the original ones. Please do check out their make which should be embossed on the reverse side of the cover. The OEM to this part for PAL was Sunax.
Regarding the order of S1 badges i am delighted that you took the initiative to order them for me. Hope to see it soon as the courier charges will be a lot cheaper from Delhi as compared to Kerala.
Jaisha8 do take some measures to protect the mount holes from cracking. So finally your S1 executive is 100% complete.

Last edited by samsag12 : 4th June 2010 at 20:13.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:07   #318
BHPian

Quote:
You do understand that the shipping might cost more than the caps themselves?(its a guess , havent ever shipped something this big so dont know)
MCB, Just wished to know if you were able to dispatch the wheel caps. Please advise.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:57   #319
BHPian

Not yet....have been busy with assembling my bikes engine, might be buying a car tomorrow, and then have to get my other car ready for fitness test. will dispatch it within the coming week since i need to findout where is the office of the nearest courier company.Is speed post the best option or courier(does speed post even ship such big packages)? the courier company you mentioned doesnt have an office here.Is it okay if i send it through some other courier company.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 5th June 2010 at 18:03.
Old 5th June 2010, 20:40   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet....have been busy with assembling my bikes engine, might be buying a car tomorrow, and then have to get my other car ready for fitness test. will dispatch it within the coming week since i need to findout where is the office of the nearest courier company.Is speed post the best option or courier(does speed post even ship such big packages)? the courier company you mentioned doesnt have an office here.Is it okay if i send it through some other courier company.
Oh Great!! So you are a vehicle enthusiasts. Which car are you buying tomorrow, is it for self use?
Speed post would be the best option as they deliver at home, but please do check with them if they would take big packages. Please let me know where your exact location. The below is the address of Professional Courier in Delhi, is it near you. Please check for this as I have really bad experience with other courier companies.

PROFESSIONAL COURIERS,

A-65, NARAINA INDUSTRIAL AREA, OPP. PVR CINEMA N.DELHI
Phone:45723329/30 Mobile: 9650390649

Greatly appreaciate all your help Pal. Please send me your contact number and I shall call you. Hope you received my home address that I PMd to you.

Last edited by jaisha8 : 5th June 2010 at 20:43. Reason: correction
Old 5th June 2010, 23:28   #321
BHPian

Speed post takes big parcels too as long as they can be delivered by the postman on a cycle.

SP is much better as it can be tracked on the net!
Old 6th June 2010, 14:42   #322
BHPian

Yeah i am an automobile enthusiast, why do you think i am on tbhp. was always into cars but have grown fond of bikes ever since i bought mine 2 years ago. the car i was planning to buy is the contessa, just love the regal looks of the car.Well i wont be using the conti for commuting, you really cant in delhis traffic, its too big. ill use it occasionally on the highways but i am actually just buying it for the heck of it since i like its looks sooo much. have no real use for it. It will hopefully mark the starting of building my collection of cars(not classic cars in particular but cars that i like and i tend to like older cars more). Lets just hope the deal happens.

Speed post is the most convenient for me too, the office is very close, id like to go for that as well, since the courier company that has an office close to my place(first flight couriers) once lost one of my moms packages and so i dont want to risk it with them. well naraina is halfway accross delhi , around 25 kms away i think, so thats not practical with delhis traffic and this killing heat.

I live in green park(south delhi). It's next to hauz khas which is a very major colony every one in delhi would know about.

Yes i did recieve your address that you PMed me . Ill pm you my number .

@ajay: thanx man for the info. That saved me a trip in this heat to the speed post office. So now we have options.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 6th June 2010 at 14:48.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:19   #323
BHPian

My father informed me today that our S1 silencer has broken off from the Engine side. It was in a bad state. I dont know if new ones are available or else my tinker has told that he would do some alterations. Would any alteration to the silencer pipe effect the performance of the car? Please advise.
Old 18th June 2010, 21:37   #324
Senior - BHPian

Jaisha8 by silencer did you mean the Exhaust Pipe which is fitted on the exhaust manifold.If it is so then do note when giving the car to the mechanic, the Twin pipe setup in S1 is unique and probably its USP (atleast for us). Do inform the mechanic to get the twin pipe setup fabricated rather than putting a single (normal Padmini) pipe.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

my contribution to this thread
Attached Thumbnails
The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-1.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-2.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-3.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-4.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-5.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-6.jpg  

The lovely Premier Padmini S1 (Fiat 1100-D)-7.jpg  

Old 18th June 2010, 22:34   #326
BHPian

Hey sid , can you tell me where this car is parked? If its not too far away id like to go and find out if the owner will sell it to me for a sane sum. Had a fiat till 3 years back, for myself ,as my daily use car and i really miss it. I tried my best to stop my dad from scrapping it but he didnt listen(was 17 back then). It was in good condition too, engine was perfect and the body was repairable. Anyways wanted another fiat and thought while i am at it might as well look for an s1.

@jaisha:I suggest you dont alter anything, messing withe the shape and therefore the design of the silencer will in all probability reduce performance, just cut out the rusted part and weld a new patch or tube(whatever part has gone bad) in place. It should not affect performance as long as the weld is neat and not too much of the molten metal forms protrusions inside the pipe, basically all metal deposited by welding should be outside the pipe and as little as possible inside it.

Last edited by mycarhasablower : 18th June 2010 at 22:45.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:41   #327
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ml#post1756855

Quote:
Hey sid , can you tell me where this car is parked? If its not too far away id like to go and find out if the owner will sell it to me for a sane sum. Had a fiat till 3 years back, for myself ,as my daily use car and i really miss it. I tried my best to stop my dad from scrapping it but he didnt listen(was 17 back then). It was in good condition too, engine was perfect and the body was repairable. Anyways wanted another fiat and thought while i am at it might as well look for an s1.

Last edited by sidindica : 18th June 2010 at 22:45.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:19   #328
BHPian

Wow, if that was my car then id try to buy it back. Too bad my car got scrapped , otherwise i would have tried to trace it down and buy it back.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:27   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Hey sid , can you tell me where this car is parked? If its not too far away id like to go and find out if the owner will sell it to me for a sane sum.
For a "sane sum" forget it!

Fiats cost more (in time AND in $$$) to maintain than a modern day sedan. It is highly unlikely that someone who has maintained a car in that kind of condition will be willing to let it go easily. It might be more practical for you to buy one that is in running condition and then bring it back to shape.
Old 18th June 2010, 23:37   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
For a "sane sum" forget it!

Fiats cost more (in time AND in $$$) to maintain than a modern day sedan. It is highly unlikely that someone who has maintained a car in that kind of condition will be willing to let it go easily. It might be more practical for you to buy one that is in running condition and then bring it back to shape.
Well sane in this context is a ralative term. If the guy asked me for 60k for the car that would be considered insane but half that would be considered a very very good offer since no one in delhi buys fiats anymore and no fiast sells for more than 20k in delhi(very unlike the rest of india).Infact i was getting a hand geared S1 in similar condition for 21 but the h.p. wasnt terminated so couldnt buy it. Plus market value usually goes down and not up when a car begins to cost more to maintain. Eg; cielo, matiz, contessa. But i dont want a fiat for commuting but only for sentimental reasons. So i am even open to the other option you suggested, there just arent any fiats for sale in delhi, anyone who wants to sell a fiat doesnt even try to ook for a real buyer, they just call the scrap dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks