Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2012, 13:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to recall 13,157 Diesel engine cars

Hi All

Not sure what Maruti-Suzuki is doing about the brakes issue. One of my friends had bought Dzire Vxi (initial lot), & had few scary situations in traffic jam at Kapashera (near Delhi-Gurgaon Border), Dwarka market & reversing in his car parking of the apartments where he lives. In fact, he is so scared with the issue that, he is scared to take the car out to office & uses the office cab.

Moreover, he has met everyone from people at different MS dealership (spent considerable times at the waiting lounge overseeing his car getting repaired) to the regional head at MS head-office. He had upgraded from a Wagon-R, & plunged for the lower model despite my suggestion to go for the Zxi version (& now regrets his decision).

The reply gives to him is the same as what has been uploaded on MS Facebook page, i.e. use of clutch to distribute the pressure from brake pump to all the brakes, lest the brake would become hard & won't work.

He has requested a recall, because as per the correspondence with MS regional office this happening with almost all L & V models of the Swift & Dzire. Hopefully MS is also working on this albeit silently (to avoid another public embarrassment), & I am not being optimistic/ dreaming.
Old 16th August 2012, 13:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

Is this an attempt by the manufacturers to get the most issues fixed before the government passes the law regarding vehicle recalls that SIAM is trying to fight off?

Which ever way, its good that a recall is called a recall and not a vehicle check by the manufacturer as if they are doing us a favor!
Old 16th August 2012, 15:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Update that's the brake booster that is faulty in L & V variants, & as far as I know, MS is not working on it... as my friend is running from pillar to post to get the problem rectified in his car.

MS even refused to upgrade his brakes to ABS equipped in his car .
Old 12th March 2013, 08:36   #64

there is a problem with the new Ertiga diesel gearbox. company has accepted it as design fault and is ready with anew refined gearbox to be fitted today
calfrost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 09:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

My Ritz ZDi is the Jan 2013 model. Is there any part replacement or recall information on this year's models?
Old 24th May 2013, 18:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calfrost View Post
there is a problem with the new Ertiga diesel gearbox. company has accepted it as design fault and is ready with anew refined gearbox to be fitted today
be more specific, As that is why we're all here! else, it would kill the purpose of this forum! No vehicle is perfect & there are bound to be snags! What will help is your insight on what went wrong in your vehicle!

This is important, So that others can Guard against something similar(God Forbid) developing in their vehicles, And how to react if it happens while they're on the road, that can minimize/eliminate possibility of of Loss/Damage to Life & property!
Old 27th May 2013, 15:57   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by parassoni View Post
be more specific, As that is why we're all here! else, it would kill the purpose of this forum! No vehicle is perfect & there are bound to be snags! What will help is your insight on what went wrong in your vehicle!

This is important, So that others can Guard against something similar(God Forbid) developing in their vehicles, And how to react if it happens while they're on the road, that can minimize/eliminate possibility of of Loss/Damage to Life & property!
The diesel variant of Ertiga does have a slight slag in the gearbox. Generally cannot be detected easily as it has a peculiar sound. I had explained in my earlier threads. This does not create any problem while running, but it has an annoying sound which is not supposed to come. May be some times after 1.5 lakhs K.Ms in generally most cars. But as I purchased a new car wanted Suzuki to address this problem, They have replaced my gearbox with a new design and the sound has reduced but still not up to the mark from makers of a world class CAR company.

Any way that's my story so far. Run 20,000 Kms, Just completed a trip to Goa from Visakhapatnam. No big problem with gear box so far, but noisy.
Old 30th September 2014, 19:06   #68
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India's biggest carmaker, said it will voluntarily recall 69,555 vehicles due to a potentially faulty wiring harness issue.

The company said it would recall diesel cars manufactured between March 8, 2010 and August 11, 2013.

Maruti Suzuki said it will recall 55,938 units of its old model of the Dzire compact sedan, 12,486 units of Swift and 1,131 units of the Ritz hatchback. No other models have been affected, it said.

Source: TOI website Dated: 30-Sep-2014
-----------------------------------------
I may sound stupid but its a period of more than 18 months, so how does Maruti knows that which 1131 Ritz are having faulty wiring harness.

Last edited by napster1311 : 30th September 2014 at 19:10.
Old 9th October 2014, 18:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
Maruti Suzuki India's biggest carmaker, said it will voluntarily recall 69,555 vehicles due to a potentially faulty wiring harness issue.

The company said it would recall diesel cars manufactured between March 8, 2010 and August 11, 2013.
So I called up the JP Nagar service outlet of Mandovi Motors today and inquired about the recall.

The manager mentioned to me that they are yet to receive a list of all the affected cars and asked me to call on Monday.

He said it's a 30 min job to replace the wiring harness and they can come home and fix the issue too.
Old 9th October 2014, 19:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So I called up the JP Nagar service outlet of Mandovi Motors today and inquired about the recall.

The manager mentioned to me that they are yet to receive a list of all the affected cars and asked me to call on Monday.

He said it's a 30 min job to replace the wiring harness and they can come home and fix the issue too.
I checked for my Ritz and thankfully it was not in the affected list.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks