Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 14:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Is it permitted (hassle-free) to travel across states without NOT YET issued RC ?

OT - I see that a lot of people here are already facing this issue. I have many friends who have recently purchased cars and have been told the same reason again and again after months and months of waiting. Cant you guys complain through pgportal or maybe tweet higher ups like say the MH CM and maybe Nitin Gadkari as well? 2 months is okay but anything more than that is not really justifiable
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 14:55   #32
BHPian

Re: Is it permitted (hassle-free) to travel across states without NOT YET issued RC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
but definitely you will have to lose some money to make them let you go. It will be difficult to convince them that Pune RTO could not issue your RC because they do not have stationary.
Exactly my point. It will be hard to convince them, even though they must be aware of the sweet time MH takes to issue RCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
In a typical manner, have a copy of all the above documents in a large folder. When the cops ask you to produce the documents, take out the papers one after the other slowly in an effort to be as detailed as possible and they just might leave you out of impatience.
+1

Quote:
On the flip side, I am wondering why would you go to RTO directly when it is the dealer's responsibility to get the registration done?
for the last one month I was behind dealer and was told that they have paid the taxes and got the car registered. The RC delay is from RTO and nothing much they can do. I had some free time yesterday, so decided to visit RTO instead of dealer. Atleast I got RC status screenshot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I got my car registered 5 months back at MH14 RTO and I still have not received any updates from RTO and dealer both. Every time I contact them, the same stationary issue is given to me. I tried raising complaints on Maha RTO by writing them email, but still no response. This week I have tweeted this to @PuneRTO @DRaote @CMOMaharashtra with #MH14RTO, lets see whether my tweet will be even noticed by them.
There were fellas with as much as six months old registered car and no RC. Thanks for sharing social ID's. I'll knock those doors too.

Quote:
You can try one thing, VAHAN SMS facility has updates on registration. I checked mine and I can see my details in SMS with owner name and car details (colour, engine, fuel, hypothetication and road tax details). I believe this can act as document for you whenever you are caught.
Thanks. I've already tried that (infact doing it since last two months) , but my car's details are not even updated in VAHAN database. I was also stupid enough to delete the only SMS, which was received from RTO, on the date of registration. I have inboxed myself a dummy SMS though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
On my trip to Goa, I crossed through Karnataka and Goa and armed myself with the following:

1) Tax Certificate from RTO
2) Registeration Receipt from RTO
3) Tax Invoice from the dealer
4) Debit note from the dealer
5) Insurance

All the above documents carry the VIN and of course, there's no document that ties the reg. no. to the VIN, so hope is all we have.
Thanks. Check marked all docs. You're right, hope and luck !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
Another thing, Keep all the toll tickets with you just in case to prove to the cops that you just arrived in the city and have not been living there without paying the road tax. Had heard this was something that the Bangalore police was using to fine outstation cars sometime back.
That's a nice suggestion. Thanks for sharing.
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 17:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Mod(s) - I tried searching but couldn't find this discussion. Please merge if required.

Hi members,

So, even after four months of getting my car registered, I am yet to receive the RC from pune RTO, due to shortage of paper/stationery. I paid a visit to the RTO yesterday and told them about my plans to take the car to various states and requested officers to atleast provide me with some paper/letter as a backup. The request was politely turned down. I was however, able to take a photo from their computer screen, which reflects RC status as "not yet printed".

I am quite sure (may be wrong) that it won't be a problem since I have all the other documents and I am not at any fault here, but considering the interstate relationships of our authorities, I am skeptical. I have seen cops drooling on seeing outside vehicles and don't have time to face that situation.

I need your suggestions/experience in this regard. Is it really a thing I am getting worried about ? What extra precautions/papers can I take to make this as smooth as possible ? The travel dates would be from 25th Sept to 24th Oct covering states of MP, RAJ, DEL, HAR, UK, HP.

Thanks for your valuable time. TK
See my post just before yours. I too faced the same problem. I visited the RTO and got a single page document called as "RC Extract" and all information which is normally there on the RC book was mentioned on it. As per the information received from the RTO (verbally off course), this document works till the time the owner doesnt receive the original RC book. I believe its true because this document was signed by the RTO itself with his stamp and they also took 50 Rs from me (with receipt) towards the same as processing fees. You can also enquire about the same. It may serve the purpose.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:13   #34
BHPian

On searching a little bit for submitting grievances, I came across this site by Govt. Of Maharashtra. Almost all types of grievances can be lodged here.

https://grievances.maharashtra.gov.in/en

While posting grievance, you need to select options, I am mentioning the trivial ones specifically to RTO, rest are self explanatory.

Level of Administration : Mantralaya
Department : Home-Transport & Ports
Nature of Grievance : Transport Commissioner's Office

I have posted my grievance and received a token for tracking purpose. Let's see how far it goes.

This is of help only for members having problem with Maharashtra related administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post

I visited the RTO and got a single page document called as "RC Extract" and all information which is normally there on the RC book was mentioned on it.
Isn't it called as duplicate copy of RC book? Thanks for info though. BTW, did you receive the original RC and how long did it take?
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 19:22   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
OT - I see that a lot of people here are already facing this issue. I have many friends who have recently purchased cars and have been told the same reason again and again after months and months of waiting. Cant you guys complain through pgportal or maybe tweet higher ups like say the MH CM and maybe Nitin Gadkari as well? 2 months is okay but anything more than that is not really justifiable
The issue of stationery shortage was reported by leading newspapers some 6 months (?) back, I guess. The problem was also acknowledged by RTO back then. They also committed to clear backlogs and bring things in order asap. It is evident though, that the promises did not materialise. It certainly is a matter to raise voice against. I will do from my end by tomorrow and would request members to take time and complain.

Quote:
See my post just before yours. I too faced the same problem. I visited the RTO and got a single page document called as "RC Extract" and all information which is normally there on the RC book was mentioned on it

I also went down to RTO to secure any such document, but I was refused. I guess in your case, the RC had already been issued/printed and perhaps misplaced by them. Hence they gave the RC extract (Duplicate RC?). This is very informative though and I will surely try this out. Thanks.

Quote:
On searching a little bit for submitting grievances, I came across this site by Govt. Of Maharashtra. Almost all types of grievances can be lodged here.

While posting grievance, you need to select options, I am mentioning the trivial ones specifically to RTO, rest are self explanatory.

Level of Administration : Mantralaya

Department : Home-Transport & Ports

Nature of Grievance : Transport Commissioner's Office

I have posted my grievance and received a token for tracking purpose. Let's see how far it goes.

This is of help only for members having problem with Maharashtra related administration.
Thanks for this, sir. Posting my grievance right away. Will share the progress.
Old 9th September 2016, 10:21   #36
BHPian

Re: On driving a new car before getting the RC book

Quote:
I also went down to RTO to secure any such document, but I was refused. I guess in your case, the RC had already been issued/printed and perhaps misplaced by them. Hence they gave the RC extract (Duplicate RC?). This is very informative though and I will surely try this out. Thanks.
This is not the duplicate RC. Its a separate document. My RC book was not issued/printed at that time when I got this RC extract. I wonder, how can they refuse issuing this, if you are ready to pay the charges. You can directly talk to the concerned RTO.

I received my RC book eventually, 8 months after taking the delivery of the car.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 16:53   #37
BHPian

It looks like some states are better at getting their stationary supplied on time. I bought my car on 24/7 in Chennai and got my original RC on 30/8. I wonder if the the dealer also has something to do with expediting the RC.
Old 17th September 2016, 10:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
See my post just before yours.
Thanks vinit for this info. I visited RTO yesterday and got the RC extract. The procedure is simple as you said.

In the first floor, I paid Rs. 50/- at window number 15 and was given a receipt. Took that receipt to window number 33 and the officer handed me the stamped and signed RC extract. Hardly took 10 minutes, just one thing, one should visit before 2 P.M. and carry tax paid receipts.

Quote:

Thanks for this. The posted grievance yielded result. Hopefully, i will get the paper RC (no smart card) on Monday.

The email which I received.
On driving a new car before getting the RC book-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474088088.927558.jpg

The detailed resolution can be seen by logging in
On driving a new car before getting the RC book-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474088184.640470.jpg

Please note, although they have mentioned delivery by speed post, the RC can be collected from RTO, after showing necessary documents.
Moto_Hill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 07:30   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks vinit for this info. I visited RTO yesterday and got the RC extract. The procedure is simple as you said.
I'm contemplating going to RTO today to get this; if I don't have inter-state travel coming up in the next few months, is it worth doing this?
Old 30th September 2016, 18:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I'm contemplating going to RTO today to get this; if I don't have inter-state travel coming up in the next few months, is it worth doing this?

Sorry for delayed response as I'm traveling with very less access to internet. If you don't have any interstate travel plans, better wait for RC. How old is your car? You may want to check with RTO, if your RC is already issued.
Old 1st October 2016, 12:51   #41
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for this. The posted grievance yielded result. Hopefully, i will get the paper RC (no smart card) on Monday.

I never got any feedback to my posted grievances, be it twitter, MH14 RTO email ids, Maha grievance redressal system. Though, I posted my grievance before you, still I haven't got any response. So, this concludes, that there is no order in which complaints will be addressed.

Now, coming to good news, today morning I received Registration Certificate by Post. This is exactly after 5 months i.e. 2nd April 2016 was my registration date. In fact, I had planned to visit MH14 RTO after navratri festival to get RC extract but my efforts are saved now.

MH14FM27XX is my car number, so FM series numbers have started dispatching.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:37   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for delayed response as I'm traveling with limited internet access. If no immediate travel plans, better wait for RC. How old is your car? You may want to check with RTO, if RC is already issued.

Quote:
I never got any feedback to my posted grievances
Did you get any reference/complaint number from Maharashtra redressal?
Old 1st October 2016, 22:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Did you get any reference/complaint number from Maharashtra redressal?
I have a reference and I even keep going online to track that number, its just in submitted state.

Anyways, now that I have received my RC, this doesn't matter much. Still I would have liked some kind of acknowledgment from system to my complaint.
Old 1st October 2016, 22:18   #44
BHPian

I ride a March 2016 registered KTM Duke 390. I still dont have the RC book with me. I had got an orignal RC book but it mentioned the bike name as RC 390 instead of Duke 390. Gave it for correction but still havent recieved the new RC book.
PS: i submitted my old RC book (orignal) to the dealership for correction.
Old 12th March 2018, 09:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

We drove more than 5000km by a brand new duster in RJ, PB, HP and J&K(Ladakh & Srinagar) back in 2016. Duster was just one month old with 985 Km on odometer. We covered this entire trip without Rc book but with proper RTO Registration number.

We were carrying purchase invoice, road tax receipt and insurance policy. These documents are enough to do out state drives without an RC book. However, a proper RTO registered number(number plate) is a must.

I am talking about this trip:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...uster-awd.html

Last edited by navin : 12th March 2018 at 11:21. Reason: typo

Most Viewed