Team-BHP - Can this be the RS killer??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Can this be the RS killer?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9930-can-rs-killer.html)

Welcome to our new TOVA Feature Car where we show-case interesting and note-worthy Hondas. We look at all types : stock examples, cars belonging to enthusiasts, even racing cars as well as many others. The only pre-requisite for a TOVA Feature Car is that it is a Honda worth our while checking out.
In this, our inaugural TOVA Feature Car article, I want to show-case an excellent alternative to the JDM Accord Euro-R. As Honda fans outside of Japan knows well, the Accord Euro-R is a JDM-only model and features a 'R-tuned' engine and chassis combination that offers a very high performance variant of the JDM / Euro Accord. Unfortunately as we also know painfully well, we can all but only drool at the car because this Accord Euro-R, being an exclusive Type-R model, as usual is offered by Honda as a JDM only model. In this case, the Accord Type-S featured in this article is an alternative which while admittedly not Euro-R standards, still offers a very high level in itself. And more importantly, it is not the exclusive domain of the JDM only. This Accord Euro-R alternative is available in most major Honda markets in the world, being mainly marketed as the Accord Type-S (Japan, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand) and alternately as the Acura TSX in the U.S., with Asia being the major market not getting this excellent model.
To show-case the Accord Typs-S, the best choice would be the new JDM Accord Type-S that have just been introduced by Honda in the JDM Accord MMC last November. This new Accord type offers a sports suspension with 17 inch tyres which is currently being used in the Accord Type-S sold in the European market. The new Accord Type-S offers high speed stability and comfortable ride quality along with high performance. This feeling of luxury with performance is completed with improvements in internal cabin furnishing and equipment.
Key features of the new JDM Accord Type S The engine features a 7,100rpm red-line. The car also comes with HID headlights as standard. To complete the sporty packaging, offered as options are a leather bounded MOMO sports steering wheel as well as semi-bucket RECARO front seats (both driver and front passenger).
As a performance oriented model, he Accord Type-S makes plenty of sense, in fact, in many ways, offering more sense than even the Accord Euro-R as a performance sedan. Because it does not bear the exclusive 'R' badge, Honda has taken a more 'luxury' route with this model. Let's be realistic here. The Accord is frequently marketed as a luxury full-size sedan. In many countries, an Accord is the highest grade model Honda markets : e.g. most of Asia and even most of Europe. Importantly, Honda has packaged the Accord Type-S as a 'luxury performance' car, with the emphasis on performance, and then only adding luxury to the car. This means the luxury options are meant to enhance ownership quality of the car and does not compromise the performance, unlike the Asian ET1 Civic 2.0 i-VTEC for example. The packaging of the Accord Type-S in fact makes it a most viable alternative to compete against the more basic BWM 3-series variants : the 320 and 325is and to compete successfully.
In the end, to be completely honest, if I am to settle for a performance sedan, it means that I am already making a compromise for practicality that a 4 door sedan offers. And such a compromise can often be sweatened by the more luxurious trim and equipment levels that a car like the Type-S can offer. I will be blunt here. If performance is truly the criteria by which I am choosing my next car, it will most definitely not be a sedan. The S2000 will by my preferred choice. By correlation, if I am to choose an Accord for my performance car, I personally will most certainly expect some form of luxury from it.
Some key specifications of the new JDM Accord Type S
Model Code : CL9Engine2.4l DOHC i-VTECDisplacement2354 c.c.CR10.5Max Power200ps (147kW) at 6,800rpmMax Torque23.7kgm (232 Nm) at 4.500rpmRedLine7,100rpmTransmission5speed automatic with GLC and S-MaticGear Ratios2.651, 1.516, 1.081, 0.772, 0.566, R=2.000Final Drive4.437Kerb Weight1,450 - 1,470 kgDimentions (LXWXH)4,665 X 1,760 X 1,450 (mm)Wheel Base2,670 mmWheel Size225/45 R 17 90WCd0.26Suspension(F) Double Wishbone
(R) 5-point Double WishboneBrakes(F) Ventilated disc (R) Solid DiscAnti-roll BarFront and Rear
Accord Type-S in Eternia Blue Pearl

K24A Engine

HID Headlights

17" Wheels Exclusive for the Accord Type-S

Dashboard (with NAVI)

Internal Cabin (Fully Leathered)

Leathered Sports Shift-Knob

Leathered Steering Wheel Most of the photos in this article are from Honda's media photo service, available exclusively to motoring journalist. They are supplemented by photos from the Accord page on Honda's JDM website at http://www.honda.co.jp/auto. For each of the photos, clicking on them will download a photo in higher resolution SVGA-sized photo.
Sports Options available for the Accord Type S in Japan : MOMO Sports Steering wheelRECARO Sports seats.
I hope readers will enjoy this new TOVA feature. I have accumulated a lot of photos from photo-shoots of interesting and important Honda cars. In the past, I struggled to find the best methods to feature those photos. With this new TOVA Feature Car series, I can now give due coverage to those cars.

Source TOVA
p.s Mods if i have posted it in the wrong section please feel free to move to international machines
[IMG]/cgi-bin/axs/ax.pl?trans.gif[/IMG]

I don't think Honda will get this car here.

Shan2nu

I agree with Shantanu, Honda will not get this beauty here...
man it is one awesome car...

If they do get this car here it'd be anywhere between 19-21 lakhs. Compare this to the price of the RS and it might be a failure. However, as we all know, one cannot predict whether the car will sell or no. For all you know, it can be a hit. But I think this car will be launched here.

This car is great - looks brilliant and has a lot of punch. But, even if Honda does get it to India (I'm sure they won't), it will not be in the same price bracket as the RS. So, I guess, we can't call it an RS killer.

dont u think it should be compared to the laura RS rather than the normal one? then i think the prices can compare. i wont say as to who will beat whom? but one must agree that it will be nice to see such cars on the road, and probably drive one.

they should bring it after the people dump 800. and maruti dumps it too.please:

P.S: no offence meant to 800 lovers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
I don't think Honda will get this car here.

Shan2nu

yh it wont probably coz they believe its nt the right time nw to bring in..

Well no doubt ,this is one beauty from Honda ..
I too think Honda 'll not launch this car in India and if it does it would be priced way above the RS and the current (sleek) Accord but there is a possibility they might launch these cars later ,in the coming years under a different brand, named Acura .

Looks so similar to the 2005 Acura TSX...May be it's sold as an Honda at some places.

And I am pretty sure it won't make it to India.

I have voted "maybe"

accord sports has the potentiel to beat the RS but how can a sports accord beat the skoda RS at price?

i really do not think this variant can be compared to the RS

the changes are all cosmetic

apart from the new auto gearbox and the new suspension setup , everythink else is just not worth the sports sedan title

they should have pooped in a new more powerful engine

i would say this is a futile excercise .........

no wayyyy...the accord without the above mentioned mods is itself costlier than the RS ...then how can the type-s be compared with the RS ..it will be very much more expensive than the RS...so cannot be compared ...i have voted for NO

The only time sport models are brought into india when the main work horse models dont sell. Accord has always been a best selling car. So for now i think not, but with the car market changing so quickly every year, you never know.

Wow! lovely car mite!

regarding it being the next RS Beater, i doubt it. the current Octavia RS has a big price advantage, its a lot cheaper than any other powerful performance sedan like the Accord V6. the Accord Type S would be a good competition to the Skoda Laura vRS.

This car costs about 30k and more in US(sold as TSX) so I doubt it would bt anything less than 25L in india if built here(no market), else 30L since it would be a CBU..its a nice car, looks good..but too small..and its not the accord we get in india..its much smaller..this is the accord in europe..