Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 10:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD

Come on Fiat, you know what we want. Please, take a leaf out of Yamaha India' resurgence story. Don't go chasing after the entire market. Know your customers and make products for them!

And no more high end variants please. Bless the entire Linea range with the 1.6MJD and the Punto with the 1.3VGT and see where it will take you.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:16   #32
BHPian

Great News..!! FIAT has finally got its thought process right. IMO, they should have launched the Linea with the Fantastic 1.6 MJD earlier when it was launched.

But, its never too late. Now the 1.6 Ltr capacity is the benchmark in the segment, hopefully it will turn out to be the Torque King of the segment. FIAT needs to market this one really in an aggressive manner. It will be a great product and the REAL Linea with its Blistering Performance, Killer looks, Unbeatable handling and Fantastic ride quality.

Bring it on FIAT, i have my cheque ready

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 13th April 2011 at 10:18.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

This seems like a good move, given that the Vento Diesel in comparison is way superior. Now the real game begins. Good handling with good power. Let us see if it can take on the Vento in performance. Seems exciting - but the real test of the pudding is in the "eating"

Cheers
Old 13th April 2011, 11:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

But if 1.6 MJD is manufactured locally, Tata might go after Fiat to have that engine Manza too, or may be, even in bigger Tata cars! Probably this is the reason Fiat decided to import the T-jet (to keep the cost high - and aim only at enthusiasts), and they might do the same with 1.6 MJD too.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Come on Fiat, you know what we want. Please, take a leaf out of Yamaha India' resurgence story. Don't go chasing after the entire market. Know your customers and make products for them!

And no more high end variants please. Bless the entire Linea range with the 1.6MJD and the Punto with the 1.3VGT and see where it will take you.
Where is the 'Like' button here?

+1 Deetjohn!
Old 13th April 2011, 11:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Please Fiat India please!

OH! Boy Oh Boy, music to my years. Waiting for this engine for a long time.

I have a wild wish. Fit that engine (1.6, 120 BHP, 300NM) to Punto and make it a true sports hatch. Please Fiat India please. Just announce it and my cheque will be with you

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 13th April 2011, 11:34   #37
BHPian

Is there any possibility of upgrading Punto with this new engines?
Old 13th April 2011, 11:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
NFS (New Fiesta Sedan), ANHV (All new Honda Verna) and now ANFL (All new Fiat Linea!)
I am sure you meant Hyuandi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Linea JET in Bangalore costs 10.60 lacs. So how much the 1.6 MJD might cost? If it has all the goodies like JET, then 11.50 lacs or more I guess!!
My guessing too. But I seriously hope the interiors are refreshed and is more upmarket. Many would be put off if they continue with the present interior quality.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:58   #39
BHPian

Fiat Linea 1.6 Multijet & Automatic on the cards | Goa On Wheels

Please go through this page once.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:14   #40
BHPian

I have been contemplating a diesel car in the same segment and guess will have to wait for the new Verna, Fiesta and 1.6 Linea to slug it out on forums and magazines!
I have a strong feeling only the FGT version will make it to india. The VGT may be introduced later depending on market response.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:25   #41
BHPian

VW Launched Vento
Maruti Launched SX4 Diesel
Hyundai to launch Verna RB
Ford to launch new Fiesta

Now Fiat brings its game changer with linea with 1.6 MJD, with sales figure of march 2011 not speaking any mass volumes for fiat linea. So many launches, potential customers seeking VFM / Performance oriented cars would be suffice at the end of the day, though still in early days to speak, i think coming 6 months sales chart after this new launches would be interesting to watch as to whom the customer has given a real thumps up, wonder what Honda City would do without a diesel under its hood.

Edit: How about Tata seeking to Plonk in 1.6 QJD in manza(Just a thought)

Last edited by driving_smartly : 13th April 2011 at 12:28.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
My guessing too. But I seriously hope the interiors are refreshed and is more upmarket. Many would be put off if they continue with the present interior quality.
Even more so now, since the Vento has a certain benchmark in the Sub 10L sedans when it comes to interior quality. Introducing the 1.6 MJD would have been a much more smart move had they done it before Vento and grabbed some market share. But seriously, is the interior quality that bad? I checked the T-Jet a couple of months back, and found it acceptable.

Nevertheless, as pointed by people above, this move wont make a significant different unless they go solo, and revamp their sales and service big time.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:45   #43
BHPian

@driving_safely-I dont think TATA will be able to fit the 1.6 MJD into the manza as the engine is quite a lot bigger than the 1.3MJD and will required more space in the engine compartment. But the MANZA doesn't have much space in the engine compartment. I think its only made to accomodate 1.3 MJD and the 1.4 Saffire.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:56   #44
BHPian

This is good news indeed. I have a 1.3 MJD and sorely feel that this car needs a bigger heart. My only worry is that dualogic offered by Fiat doesn't have very great reviews on the net and is prone to software glitches and also some hardware problems like actuators etc. I am not too sure if the current set up of Tata Fiat a.s.s would be equipped to handle this.
Old 13th April 2011, 13:32   #45
BHPian

I sure hope that this news turn to reality, finally a good replacement for my Lancer. I was waiting for the new Fiesta. The only reason for not considering Linea was the lack of power/torque.

Never understood why they had to take so much time to be launched. Loved the T-Jet but petrol would not make sense for my running. Torquey engine with the handling and road manners of Linea and a bonus of Diesel economy would be the best combo.

Vento is just too plain in looks and totally lacks any road presence. Polo looks handsome as a hatch but same looks on a sedan is just plain jain.

I just wish the Arrowroot biscuit eating idiots of HM also launch the new Lancer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed