Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2011, 10:44   #91
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD

Just in: Got this news from a very trusted source from Pune, there are few 1.6 MJD Lineas getting ready for test drives for next few months, and the launch may be before Diwali, no news about price. Hope all goes well.
Old 15th April 2011, 10:55   #92
Team-BHP Support

Now this should be interesting.

New Fiesta supposedly would boast of a better engine and the dynamics are said to be class leading (in a different orbit altogether) as per ACI's driving impression.

With Linea, which was already darn good,(chassis) it shall be good to see both fighting for top honors as far as steering feel & handling go.

I wouldn't want to be in a place where I would be asked to pick between both Though it would be nice to have either (purely from various driving impressions) in your garage.

Surely manna from heaven for diesel enthusiasts with not very deep pockets, bring on Fiat

Pray, that the Support Team kicks off their comparo shoot-outs with new Ford Fiesta and the 1.6L MJD Linea.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th April 2011 at 10:57.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:53   #93
xPK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
and the launch may be before Diwali, no news about price.
What? Diwali? I'm afraid, Verna and Fiesta will have all the wind stolen till then, which will indeed make life more difficult for Linea which is already struggling to exist.

Come-on FIAT, wake up from the ever lasting sleep. And please no 105 bhp variant, we want 120.

[EDIT] If it's seriously coming in Diwali, I'll definitely buying Verna or Fiesta.

Last edited by xPK : 15th April 2011 at 11:54.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:20   #94
BHPian

Some guy in pune has already ckicked photographs of the 1.6MJD linea. Please go to google and search "fiat linea 1.6MJD india" in images.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Some guy in pune has already ckicked photographs of the 1.6MJD linea. Please go to google and search "fiat linea 1.6MJD india" in images.
Cannot find..have you saved them and can we see it here with due credits to the source?
Old 15th April 2011, 14:58   #96
BHPian

LOL. After reading Naparajito's comment above was searching Google and stumbled on MotorBeam news, that says,
Quote:
A team-bhpian spotted two new variants, a Linea 1.6 Multijet and a Linea 1.3 Multijet Automatic inside a Fiat workshop on Mysore road.
linky

Last edited by iSpoke : 15th April 2011 at 14:59. Reason: provided link
Old 15th April 2011, 15:02   #97
BHPian

http://www.autoholiks.com/2010/03/fi...aunch-in-july/
http://in.88db.com/chennai/Knowledge...ikes/?kid=5845

Last edited by Naparajito : 15th April 2011 at 15:14.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:21   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
It would really help if you can elaborate more on this. I mean, which car was it, how long you owned it, was there an explanation given by Fiat on the problem etc.
I own a 1.3 MJD Emotion top end version. The car has done 45000 Kms in a Year. The problems i went through is as follows,

1) First set of Brake Pad changed in 18000 Kms. Usually my brake pads lasts longer for other cars than similar car users
2) Then had a problem with suspension some clinking noise and mounting bush was changed under warranty
3) Turbo charger problem and was identified as a hose problem rectified
4) Doing service every 10,000 Kms.
5) Again car belly scraped turbo hose changed
6) Second set of brake pads were changed at 40,000 Kms.
7) First set of Tyres Upsize changed at 40000 Kms

The problem was with the task not done to perfection we need to pin point the persistant problem and then they corrected it.

Also the car was dirty with grease and oil in the body at the time of delivery, the paint shop did a very bad job when requested to rectify a scratch.

My Car for your reference,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ly-packed.html

Last edited by pjegadeesh : 15th April 2011 at 15:23. Reason: Adding a few words
Old 15th April 2011, 15:22   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

I think all these guys have gone one step ahead and wrote that we are going to get a VGT of 1.6L engine. But the VGT will produce 120 bhp right? and what we get is a FGT 105 bhp version? I hope they tune the gear box well to reduce the lag also.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:06   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
I own a 1.3 MJD Emotion top end version. The car has done 45000 Kms in a Year. The problems i went through is as follows,...

1) First set of Brake Pad changed in 18000 Kms. Usually my brake pads lasts longer for other cars than similar car users
2) Then had a problem with suspension some clinking noise and mounting bush was changed under warranty
3) Turbo charger problem and was identified as a hose problem rectified
4) Doing service every 10,000 Kms.
5) Again car belly scraped turbo hose changed
6) Second set of brake pads were changed at 40,000 Kms.
7) First set of Tyres Upsize changed at 40000 Kms

The problem was with the task not done to perfection we need to pin point the persistant problem and then they corrected it.

Also the car was dirty with grease and oil in the body at the time of delivery, the paint shop did a very bad job when requested to rectify a scratch.

My Car for your reference,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ly-packed.html
Thanks for the details, Jegadeesh. I drove my Corsa for over 80K kms and remember having to change the breakpad only twice. Having to change twice under 40K kms sounds like a concern. Having said that, considering that your tires wore out soon, it could also be the driving style (excessive city drive?) or road condition, perhaps.

But it's good to hear that they were able to fix most, if not all, problems.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:35   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Have you saved those pics? I googled same but cannot find.
Old 15th April 2011, 16:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
[*]Nobody has spotted any test vehicle. (this would be the biggest concern, because AFAIK the test vehicles have always been spotted at least 8 months before the actual launch. Sometimes even more than 2 years before. So is FIAT launching the vehicle without testing vehicle on indian soil?)[/list]So, I,m having a bad feeling that we are, far away from the launch. On the other hand Nobody would be more happier than me, if FIAT proves me wrong.
How do we know that the 1.6 MJD is not being tested, as i feel the only differentiating factor would be badging, if any LINEA having the 1.6 MJD is being tested on road with either the 1.3 MJD badge or the T-Jet badge, we would not realize that it's the new engine.

I feel we would have seen the prototype on roads but wouldn't have realized that its got 1.6 under it's hood.. Just my 2 cents on this one.
Old 15th April 2011, 20:00   #103
BHPian

@sidindica- Sorry i forgot to save the page. The picture showed that Linea was being tested with a Honda city. I tried to search today but unfortunately i couldn't find the page. I'm trying my best to post that picture as a proof that the 1.6 MJD is being tested and will be launched soon.
Old 15th April 2011, 20:24   #104
BHPian

naparajito ,

that page will be there in your browser history if you hasn't cleared that. quite possible that website removed the page based on a complaint or some thing..although that;s highly unlikely .

a quick search revealed below and when i tried the website it has nothing ( it re-directed me to moto beam and i got the error that page not found , so they have removed it )..most probably i am getting cached page and the CAR has a RED sticker ( temp no )at number plate , so most probably it.s in India only.

Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD-untitled.jpg

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 15th April 2011 at 20:26. Reason: added info
Old 15th April 2011, 23:38   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh View Post
How do we know that the 1.6 MJD is not being tested, as i feel the only differentiating factor would be badging, if any LINEA having the 1.6 MJD is being tested on road with either the 1.3 MJD badge or the T-Jet badge, we would not realize that it's the new engine.

I feel we would have seen the prototype on roads but wouldn't have realized that its got 1.6 under it's hood.. Just my 2 cents on this one.
+1. The BEST way not to gain attention is being normal. They might have done extensive testing with no camouflage! And just removing the badge would have done the trick. Or they might have used the same badging as 1.3L to avoid attention.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks