Team-BHP - Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/99510-fiat-linea-1-6-mjd.html)

Hi everyone, had been to fiat workshop on Mysore road. Saw 2 Fiat Linea's white in color, TC reg. The car were parked inside the workshop and i was not allowed to see the vehicle properly. After eating up the service head's head, he finally told that one was a 1.6 MJD and the other one was a 1.3 MJD auto transmission(Dualogic). According to him the 1.6 MJD will be launched by may end or june. The cars are here for the training of the teams. Sorry i do not have any pictures. And ya, the 1.6 was badged ELEGANCE and the 1.3 as usual EMOTION.

Wow.. This is great news. Hope its true. Dualogic as well. Wonder how these will be priced.

Looks like Fiat has finally woken up and giving the linea what they deserve. Hope the news is true. The 1.6 may have 105 horses, but the torque of 290 nm should take care of the rest. Fiat's international lineas have duologic with the 1.3, not with the 1.6..but it should have been with the 1.6 MJD. But hope its not the case of too little, too late. The linea currently has 10 variants, and the slow selling models ought to be axed, 1.4 89hp petrol in particular.

1.6 MJD will be very good for Linea. Fiat has two 1.6 diesel engines 105 Hp and 120HP, which one is it going to be?
Hope they get it in punto too.

Auto box is a logical step but it should also be given with 1.6

the linea has 1.6 105 hp, the bravo has 120 hp version.

Yeah, never too late than never.
Guess they launch the Dualogic with the 1.3MJD so as to maximise efficiency vis -a-vis the 1.6MJD, though the more powerful motor would have given the A/T justice.

But one had 16" alloys and the other one has 15" alloys. The MJD emotion pack costs 10.6 OTR bangalore. He didn't tell me anything other than that.

And ya will post more details(if i get) on saturday as i'm going there again.

That's some great news for all the FIAT lovers. But I still feel , they should do some brand building before launching these engines. Fantastic cars are doing so bad in terms of sales !

Hmm even i would expect a 105 bhp engine for the diesel which would be sufficient but i just wish fiat go the hyundai way and tune their top of the line diesel way above the petrol. (hyundai are doing it with the new verna)
Would love to see 116-118bhp /300NM figures on the 1.6 MJD. Wishful thinking i know:D

Wow. 1.6 MJD !!!
Now thats some great news. A step in right direction. Given the current state FIAT is not going to be a mass seller. Only enthusiasts go for it and hence the move of giving a 1.6 MJD is completely justified.

But do not expect it to set the sales charts on fire Vento style.

A welcome thread for me!

Just when I wanted to book a Linea EP MJD for Dad, I get to see this thread! Whoa!!!! I am ready with Cheque, FIAT!

I have been waiting for either NFS or RBi but if this news is true then it is worth waiting for this beauty.

@EARTHed- you can always book a 1.3 MJD. It's also a gem of a car!! U can upgrade the power to 128Hp and 284 Nm torque with a TUNING BOX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naparajito (Post 2311610)
@EARTHed- you can always book a 1.3 MJD. It's also a gem of a car!! U can upgrade the power to 128Hp and 284 Nm torque with a TUNING BOX.

Already have a Palio Stile MJD at home. I know Linea is 90 HP. But considering FIAT diesels are best, 1.6 MJD will be superb!:)

Hope its not very pricey though!

1.6 MjD is really great news.
They should have launched the 1.6 in the very beginning.