Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2006, 16:13   #1
BHPian

Mahindra Bolero----- GLX to SLX

M&M has replaced the GLX model with the SLX Model.The details are available in the Bolero website www.mahindra-bolero.com.This is what the website has to say about the SLX
"Stunning new style meets tried and tested performance. In the new Bolero SLX. New dual colours on the outside are perfectly complemented on the inside. Colour coordinated interiors and dual tone fabric upholstery. Yes, it’s brand new style through and through.

The new keyless entry lets you open doors with a casual flick. To take you into a world of more new features. The new seat belt & door open warning makes your drive extra safe. While the suspension makes any terrain extra smooth. The 4-speaker music system makes your favourites sound even better. And the AC is the most powerful in its class. Then there’s power steering, central locking, power windows and rock like stability even at high speeds. Look beneath the bonnet and you will find an engine that never lets you down. Rule the road, like never before"

-Source www.mahindra-bolero.com

though no details on the specs.seems they are the same as in the GLX and no information on pricing too.

regards,
raj
Old 18th January 2006, 17:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How does a new colour job on the outside / inside, keyless entry and some silly voice alarms account for anything significant as an annoucement?

GTO
Old 18th January 2006, 21:09   #3
BHPian

I had almost decided on buying the Mahindra Bolero DI DX last year. But during my second and third trials, i found that the driver and the front passenger's seat is not very comfortable. Although they boast of bucket seats, it is not anti-submarine seats.. They are more like the chairs that you see in old Ashok Leyland and Tata Trucks.

I am not sure about seats in the SLX model.

Also, i wonder why Mahindra doesn't put in a TDI engine in the Bolero.. At 75 BHP the bolero does feel underpowered..
Old 19th January 2006, 09:19   #4
BHPian

Hai,
seems M&M also going the MUL way.In the series of All New Esteem and All New Zen we now have the Bolero SLX.
Man23ish-Not sure about the underpowered part.I guess Tbhpian Chaxy has a Bolero and i guess he can tell us better about this.
and yes,we dont have a full review on this vehicle yet in any of our columns.
Old 20th January 2006, 06:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

The bolero engine is not really weak for its part in the rural hauling with the tourquey charactheristic helping. For city driving you would need a lot of gear changes.

THe engine is too old. I would want to see a basic Crdi engine in this car. This would increase the cars appeal and still keep the price under the range.
Old 20th January 2006, 13:13   #6
BHPian

Hi Guys,
It is funny seeing website as they are talking of stupid features that were present in my 2002 model Bolero GLX. When i bought the bolero i was really irritated by the seat belt and door warning system so i disconnected them. Secondly, it is true that the bucket seats are like truck seats so i replaced them with imported seats of my choice. I have completed 55K kms in the bolero till date. Over all i like the car for its tank like build,ruggedness and low/no maintanance.
Altho the old idi engine feels underpowered compared to the new crdi powered cars, it is more than sufficient for city and highway driving. Especially for city driving you can move around traffic in the 3rd gear effortlessly.
Till date i have only replaced the water pump once and thats it. Every 6K kms i get it serviced (oil,filters etc) and it costs only Rs1300
every 10K kms i get the wheels aligned and rotated. Wheel alignment is never a problem in bolero.The original 215/75 R15 bridgestones still look good and should give me atleast another 15K.
The A/c is just awesome (you have to feel it to believe it).
The Bolero looks very boxy compared to the latest UVs on the roads but none the less i feel for a low budget you get a true value for money UV that you can play with.
-Chaxy
Old 20th January 2006, 13:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does a new colour job on the outside / inside, keyless entry and some silly voice alarms account for anything significant as an annoucement?
There still are some nerds who think this as 'WooooW'!
Old 21st January 2006, 03:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Time is not far when Indian car manufacturers like Tata, mahindra, Bajaj(Firodia) and Sonalika will have European build Quality and engines competitive to the japanese.

Indians are still far away to meet these benchmarks but the way they are jumping ages in each upgrade I find such a situation to come soon when germans and Japanese will be buying Indian cars.

I atleast hope such a thing happens soon.
Old 21st January 2006, 03:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
There still are some nerds who think this as 'WooooW'!
Its called the Knight Rider effect. There are people who love tacky gadgets like voice alarms. I remember sitting in a relatives Volvo in the early 1980s and it had a really iritating voice alarm that told you to put your seat belts on. I have never seen such a voice alarm again. Mahindra also fit it on their upper end Scorpio. Perhaps someone at Mahindra is suffering form the Knight Rider effect.
Old 22nd April 2006, 15:26   #10
BHPian

Hi Chaxy, I too feel that my Bolero's seats are uncomfy. Can you pls tell me where you sourced these comfortable imported seats from? I want to change the seats right away if its easily gettable.
Old 16th February 2009, 21:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Even I would like to change the seats on my Balero SLX, 2008.

I have driven it a lot offroad in really demanding terrain. In Indian conditions more power is not required. The Bolero had enough power and torque always and the power steering was very nifty.

I did get stuck once but it was my own foolishness. I had no business attempting to reverse the car from an irrigated field.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:33   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Even I would like to change the seats on my Balero SLX, 2008.

I have driven it a lot offroad in really demanding terrain. In Indian conditions more power is not required. The Bolero had enough power and torque always and the power steering was very nifty.

I did get stuck once but it was my own foolishness. I had no business attempting to reverse the car from an irrigated field.
Replying to a 3 yr old thread is not likely to help much..... you can always start a new one.
Old 1st February 2010, 21:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Replying to a 3 yr old thread is not likely to help much..... you can always start a new one.
You just quoted a one year old post
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:11   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
You just quoted a one year old post
HA HA HA, did you see my foot fly into my mouth!!!
Old 25th March 2010, 10:51   #15
BHPian

i am doing some research on the bolero, wanted to know it's history (thinking of buying one sometime later)

Can anyone post the history of the Bolero. Like when was it started, what were the engine types, specs and versions (which version had the 4wd)

Mods: please feel free to move appropriate thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks