Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2006, 17:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

A pics says it all.

Courtsey- XBHP
Old 19th January 2006, 19:06   #17
BHPian

For people who have just started drivin cars, bikes seem to require less skill to drive. On the other hand, those of you who have drive around four wheels all the time, feel that driving a bike requires more skill.

I think bikes require less skill to drive. I think you know what that means.
Old 19th January 2006, 21:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

Comparing a Skoda/Lancer with a superbike dosen't make sense at all.

There is this video with a Yamaha R1 and a Porsche GT3 arnd Nurburgring, and the R1 pretty much struggles to keep up. But well it does overtake at the end..but note that there was 'traffic' on the track too. Anyone saw this?
Old 19th January 2006, 23:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

karthik, what you are saying is that you need half a million dollar car to be able to compete with a 10,000$ bike! Yea, thats a fair comparision alright.
Old 19th January 2006, 23:45   #20
BHPian

People let us not take only performance into consideration...
[That is what happens if you pose sucha question to petrol heads...you dive head long into performance] LOL...

I am talking basically about skill sets required how does it match up with 2 wheeler vs 4 wheeler....

Any takers????
Old 19th January 2006, 23:48   #21
Team-BHP Support

basic skill. as in just enough to learn how to ride or drive? Then I would think they are both similar. Infact maybe the car would be a bit tougher? The thing is, the first one you learn is always a bit tougher than the next one. Because once you learn how to use the clutch properly the first time, its easier on the next vehicle be it coming from cars to bikes or bikes to cars.

Hope this diplomatic answer is ok!
Old 20th January 2006, 00:39   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
A pics says it all.

Courtsey- XBHP
now that one seriousy cracked me up . . . a superbike standing in front of 2 almost daily commuters.

manson.
Old 20th January 2006, 06:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
now that one seriousy cracked me up . . . a superbike standing in front of 2 almost daily commuters.

manson.

Coming from a bikerboy. The bike at front shouild be a kawker or a yammie or some European bred. That blackbird certainly is not the bike to beat such beautiful cars.

for me bikes are meant to be driven on
and cars and meant to be relaxed in.
Old 20th January 2006, 07:11   #24
BHPian

Driving is a sense of triumph ....a feeling closely associated to attaintment of nirvana( an undisclosed secret behind naming of the car ZEN)...be it be a car or a bike
Old 20th January 2006, 14:30   #25
BHPian

I've always preferred two wheels to four.... With a bike, u get the air in your face feeling.....if u know what I mean specially in pleasant weather. As far is europe is concerned, a biker is regarded a bit above a car driver. Its like a mac user and a PC user....apple users always boast about their computers.True that driving a car requires skill as well but not as much as for a bike for everyday city conditions. But hte car is more safer and good for long distance travel and stuff..
Plus with a bike u get more of the thrill at a cheaper price than a car..... if u know what I mean !!!! ......so its bike for me all the way..
Old 20th January 2006, 16:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

As far as skills for getting from point A to point B are concerned. I think riding a bike is easier. Mainly because of its size. A biker only has pretty much his own width, 2 feet ahead and 2 feet behind to worry about where the car driver has to keep turining his head to look at all sides of the car. secondly for a learner i suppose it'd be easier to operate the clutch with the hand rather than the foot since you'd get more of a "feel" from the hand rather than foot when you are new to automobiles. Conversely, it'd be easier to operate the gears through the hands (in the car) rather than by foot (on the bike).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod
As far is europe is concerned, a biker is regarded a bit above a car driver.
Yes, and all those rich people you see on the Champs arrive on their Hayabusa rather than the Mercs and Bentleys, right?

Last edited by Deeps : 20th January 2006 at 16:27.
Old 20th January 2006, 20:12   #27
Team-BHP Support

like rtech mentioned, a slight mistake on a bike and you could be down and out, whereas cars are more forgiving.

manson.
Old 20th January 2006, 21:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

If you talk about going from point A to point B then bike is more difficult
but if you talk about perfect driving/riding, then its car which is more difficult
Old 20th January 2006, 22:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Take just the wings off a F1 car
It will be more faster then with the wings, as the wings cause downforce they reduce speed but increase stabilty.

As far the bet is concerned those bikes are no match for a HONDA, Period
Old 20th January 2006, 23:08   #30
BHPian

riding a car requires more skill than riding a bike...coz you know its bulkier than bike, and more the mass more inertia and more braking effort is required to keep it in control.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks