Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:55   #61
BHPian

I would say it depends on the age factor and which one the person learnt first at a younger age! Take my case, I learnt bike riding first and after 17 years learnt car driving. You know my obvious answer. Bike is easier ! But for a person who is trying to learn bike riding after car driving, that too at a later age, I think it will be a really tough for him to be on a two wheeler!
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:25   #62
BHPian

Riding a bike safely requires more skills than riding a car - fact. Key point is 'safely'. Many can get on a bike and get it moving forward, but riding safely without sacrificing speed and the agility that bikes offer is an altogether different skill that takes a lot of practice and patience to master. Car's on the other hand, while requires a lot of skill, does not require does pamper the driver with a lot of things - making it more relaxing and less demanding.
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:06   #63
BHPian

as said by "Positron" above riding a bike safely while taking advantage of its agility requires more skill. I use both and can tell it from experience. Yes I don't feel it hard to ride a bike but so is the case with car for me. But thing is the braking power of a bike is certainly less when compared to a car. Even a slight mistake would make the bike skid, which can be fatal. When driving a car a small mistake may result in scratches on the body of the car but the same mistake may see some one end up on a hospital bed if that was done on a bike.

Riding a bike may look easy and if you love it it does seem easy. But when you compare it driving a car the skill set required is definitely more, though one may not think much about that. So as far as skill is concerned a riding a bike would require higher skill in my opinion.
Old 22nd June 2010, 23:14   #64
BHPian

In ordinary conditions I'd say a bike might be easier, like in slow moving traffic.
However if you're trying to drive like a pro, hard cornering and stuff like that, bikes require much more skill. (or maybe its just more scary to attempt stunts like that on a bike, cause 1 mistake would mean a long stay in the hospital)
Old 23rd June 2010, 00:56   #65
BHPian

Well to me, the only bike that I can ride and have ridden is the Activa!! Had a great time with it in Goa. That was the first time I ever rode a bike. Recently, about a year ago I tried riding a friend's Pulsar and fell off after about 10 meters. So for me a car is much easier as I feel more comfortable. But ever since experiencing the sheer fury of a high end super bike, along with the travel logs about Leh, I am determined to learn how to ride a bike within the next year. In 2011, I plan to ride from Manali-Leh!!
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:44   #66
BHPian

I think bike is always easier to ride specifically in City. But it looses out in long drives and in one thing...........RAIN
Old 23rd June 2010, 12:29   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329 View Post
Also, the Europeans feel that a biker is an extremely talented person as they feel riding a bike is more difficult.
Thats their opinion with respect to traffic paradise they live in. Lane discipline, traffic rules and all.
Let them come to Bangalore and try to drive a car. They will take to walking. Bike is any day easier to drive in city. I have been on Pulsar since last 4 years. I have shifted to car just few months back. Maybe I have not mastered it completely. But even when I master it I still feel that a Bike stands for Freedom. I thoroughly enjoy riding Pulsar wherever I ride it now a days.
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Once a biker.... Always a biker!

For me I any day find life much easier on my bike than car!
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

Bike v/s Cars

Bike riding is a tough thing if you are not skilled, cars can be managed though with dents and scratches if you are not skilled. The level of concentration required for riding a bike is definitely high, because one lapse and you are at the mercy of death. The physical fitness and stamina required for bike riding is not comparable with that required for driving a car. Riding a bike is physically demanding and not for weak hearted people.
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Initially car driving seems difficult, but with *everyday usage*, it becomes as natural as bike riding. Once this level of comfort/control is reached, it is difficult to go back to bikes because car is immensely more safe and comfortable, insulates from dust, smoke and sounds, and most importantly there is no sweating. The seating posture is also way more comfortable, so traffic jams and signals become so much more bearable. Music is an added bonus. Besides that, the ability to charge the mobile, carry laptop and other stuff to work without getting any back pain, take a sip of Pepsi etc etc.

Only problem is parking space in the city .
Old 23rd June 2010, 15:52   #71
BANNED

What is easy? Driving, since it requires lesser effort, reflexes, and strain.

What is fun? Biking any day.

PS: I prefer biking to driving in the city all the time. It is only the rains that tick me off.
Old 26th June 2010, 00:31   #72
BANNED

Comfort + Safety: Car

Feel: Mo-bike
Old 26th June 2010, 00:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Comfort, Safety, Carrying stuff, Long drives, Shopping and Family outings - Car

Saves time in city (Especially wth heavy traffic and queue at signals), More exposed to the nature/ scenery and Pocket friendly - Bike

In heavy bangalore traffic, bike is less stressful than car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
as said by "Positron" above riding a bike safely while taking advantage of its agility requires more skill. I use both and can tell it from experience. Yes I don't feel it hard to ride a bike but so is the case with car for me. But thing is the braking power of a bike is certainly less when compared to a car. Even a slight mistake would make the bike skid, which can be fatal. When driving a car a small mistake may result in scratches on the body of the car but the same mistake may see some one end up on a hospital bed if that was done on a bike.

Riding a bike may look easy and if you love it it does seem easy. But when you compare it driving a car the skill set required is definitely more, though one may not think much about that. So as far as skill is concerned a riding a bike would require higher skill in my opinion.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 26th June 2010 at 01:06.
Old 26th June 2010, 00:58   #74
BHPian

I think driving a car is much more difficult then driving a bike.
Old 26th June 2010, 02:02   #75
Senior - BHPian

If you want the wind in your hair - Bike.
When you want a shell to protect your body or your loved ones - Car.
Both are easy to drive. Depends on the situation when each is required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks