Team-BHP - VW Passat to be auctioned on Ebay...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Passat to be auctioned on Ebay... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/99915-vw-passat-auctioned-ebay.html)

...and the proceeds will be donated to the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature, India).

- The auction will be held on Ebay, starting April 25, 2011 for 10 days. The winner of the auction will be given the car in a ceremony just before the start of the IPL finals.

- The Passat put up on auction will be in Highline trim, Cashmere Brown, and will sport signatures of all the team captains on its bonnet.

- Link to Ajmat's VW Passat review.

It'll be interesting to watch the bids. Anyone want to guess whether the auction will close at lower / higher than MRP?

I feel it would probably be bid up to twice it's MRP. There is no dearth of cash rich Cricket crazed people in this country.

Probably higher than the MRP, VW wouldn't let it close below anyway.

Ummm why would I bid for a car that is freely available for outright purchase? Am I missing something here? Are the IPL players going to autograph it or something?

Edit: Oops just saw this. Sorry GTO
Quote:

- The Passat put up on auction will be in Highline trim, Cashmere Brown, and will sport signatures of all the team captains on its bonnet.
Pursuing the same line of thought who wants a car with autographs on its bonnet?

I am sure there will be someone really rich and crazy to buy it - maybe for 50% more than the market price :)

I wonder if the players used water-resistant markers lol:. Hopefully it doesnt get washed after a couple of months' rain

With all those signatures on the bonnet it looks plain ugly!

The winning bid I'm sure would be much higher than the MRP which rules out the common man. Imagine parking this car on the road and attracting attention and pranksters. And not to forget, the priceless VW monograms.

i am certain it will go up at a rate between 55 to 65 lakh.wonder why everyone only tries to make it in cricket,whether it be marketing,making money etc..

I feel it will defintitely sell more than the MRP. There is no dearth of cash rich cricket crazy people out there. I am wondering whether the winner would want to take the car out on the streets, it may cause a small chaos with people wanting too see the signatures on the bonnet and not who owns the car.:D

BTW would any one from T-BHP would be bidding?

Would VW provide a spare bonnet for the winner, because all that is worth for the extra money is the bonnet with the autograph, and which will be prone to thefts if driven aroundclap:

For sure VW has studied the Indian Market and its marketing is at its best, though the funds raised in this case would be donated to WWF!

Cheers!

I'm sure it would go for 50-60L. Cricket sells big time in India and how.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2320188)
Pursuing the same line of thought who wants a car with autographs on its bonnet?

+1. I am thinking on the same lines. Also I will be happy if the winner doesnt get "extra" autographs when the car is parked somewhere, in addition to the ones which are signed by the captains. :D

The usual Indian mentality is "anyway there are so many scribblings, why cant I too contribute" !!

As someone pointed, VW should provide an extra bonnet in the package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2320166)
The winner of the auction will be given the car in a ceremony just before the start of the IPL finals.

I believe that this is a bigger carrot.