Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2021, 12:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar F-Pace facelift launched at Rs. 69.99 lakh

Jaguar has launched the updated 2021 F-Pace in India. The new facelift version of the SUV is available in the 'R-Dynamic S' trim for the first time in the Indian market and is priced at Rs. 69.99 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

Jaguar F-Pace facelift launched at Rs. 69.99 lakh-jag_fpace_-exterior-1.jpg

The 2021 F-Pace receives quite a few subtle updates to the exterior. The SUV has a more rounded front fascia with a larger grille, redesigned bumper and all-LED quad headlights that are slimmer than before. At the rear, the shape of the tail lamp clusters is inspired by those on the all-electric I-Pace. The R-Dynamic variant gets a sportier treatment on the outside.

Jaguar F-Pace facelift launched at Rs. 69.99 lakh-jag_fpace_exterior-2.jpg

Jaguar has also updated the interior of the F-Pace. The car is available with Mars Red and Siena Tan upholstery. It has a new centre console that houses an 11.4-inch curved touchscreen with the Pivi Pro infotainment system.

Other features offered in the new F-Pace include:
  • 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
  • Electrically reclining rear seats
  • 4-zone automatic climate control with cabin air ionisation and PM2.5 filter
  • Panoramic sunroof
  • 3D surround camera
  • Meridian audio system
  • Smartphone Pack and Remote

Jaguar F-Pace facelift launched at Rs. 69.99 lakh-jag_fpace_pivi-pro-infotainment.jpg

The F-Pace is available with two engine options. These include a 2.0-litre petrol that makes 247 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 365 Nm @ 1,300-4,500 rpm as well as a 2.0-litre diesel that puts out 201 BHP @ 4,250 rpm and 430 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. Both engines are offered with an 8-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th June 2021 at 12:15.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 12:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jaguar F-Pace facelift launched at Rs. 69.99 lakh

This one seem to be priced sensibly. While the engine options are average, design should attract folks upgrading from X1 or other crossover. While Jaguar doesnot have a good reputation, at about 75-80L onroad after discounts, does look like a good option. Wonder why this never gained momentum.

Last edited by PrideRed : 10th June 2021 at 12:23.
Old 10th June 2021, 12:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Wonder why this never gained momentum.
Because of the obscene pricing at the launch of the original model itself in 2016. The top end variants were priced at more than a crore ex-showroom. Jaguar later started CKD assembly but it was too late and after the recent launches it seems only now has JLR realized that people are after value even in the luxury segment and won't blindly splurge their money on an alternative to the Germans until it doesn't provide good value.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 12:51   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The F-pace was last retailing at 66L ex-showroom(without discounts) and now with a mere 5% hike it is great value for the upgrades provided.

Being a current F-pace owner, I am very envious of the interiors. The new tan and red color interiors are superb, although not everyones cup of tea but I see it being a hit with the younger/urban buyer! The large infotainment screen is the real deal too. Glad it finally gets the much deserved 19 inch rims!

This car caters to a niche audience and is not always a part of general consideration(unlike the GLC,X3,GLE,etc) which is what maintains its exclusivity in the segment.

The only thing I hoped was if they gave a bit more power to the petrol engine but I guess then it would become more expensive and trump the Velar which also shares this engine. The diesel should just be discontinued, IMO, its too under powered. Most F-pace buyers are happier with the petrol engine.

A minor thing that is a miss from the existing are the dual exhaust in the petrol model which add a sport character to the rear end. From the Jaguar.in configurator it seems the rear bumpers no longer has exhaust tips in either of the engines.

Last edited by Sahil : 10th June 2021 at 13:05.
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 12:55   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a lovely looking car. I always loved the way this car looks. A great design that looks modern and yet not awkward or weirdly overdone like some of the modern SUVs.

The engine specs are good (though not exceptional). The features, technology and gadgets are great too. This car has a lot of things to offer and it a good all-rounder. I feel it is reasonably well priced too for what it offers. 70L ex-showroom looks like a good deal for all that this car offers.

However, the fly in the ointment is reliability. JLR cars are not known for reliability, and they would not be ideal choices for someone to drive cross-country and do some adventurous drives. There is a high chance something can go wrong. It will never offer that peace of mind required for touring remote areas in an SUV.

While the reliability concerns are valid for JLR products in general, I am not sure about how reliable or unreliable has F-Pace proven in India? Are there any reports of any issues? It would be great if those more familiar with F-Pace in India could comment on its reliability here.
Dr.AD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 12:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
This one seem to be priced sensibly. While the engine options are average, design should attract folks upgrading from X1 or other crossover. While Jaguar doesnot have a good reputation, at about 75-80L onroad after discounts, does look like a good option. Wonder why this never gained momentum.
The F-pace didnt do too well because of bad product planning. Bringing it at an extremely high price as a CBU without the most basic features was a terrible idea IMO.

It had a huge hype built around it before the launch and they missed out on cashing in on it and by the time they brought in CKD units it was too late.

The facelift looks promising and is priced well too. Lets see if it helps bring in the numbers for Jag.

I also noticed the facelifted XF on the Jaguar india website meaning they're about to launch that too. Again in the R-dynamic spec.
abhinavsureka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 13:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Because of the obscene pricing at the launch of the original model itself in 2016. The top end variants were priced at more than a crore ex-showroom. Jaguar later started CKD assembly but it was too late and after the recent launches it seems only now has JLR realized that people are after value even in the luxury segment and won't blindly splurge their money on an alternative to the Germans until it doesn't provide good value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
The F-pace didnt do too well because of bad product planning. Bringing it at an extremely high price as a CBU without the most basic features was a terrible idea IMO.

It had a huge hype built around it before the launch and they missed out on cashing in on it and by the time they brought in CKD units it was too late.
This is the case with some other brands too right? Launch CBU as first edition, price it sky high and when CKD kits are ready, drop the price. Mercedes is quite famous for this but have to agree Jaguar is not Mercedes in India. For some reason, I never gave this a thought, a good package at this price point.
Old 10th June 2021, 19:34   #8
BHPian

Spec-sheet available for this?

Prima-facie it seems that this does not have the driving position memory package which the Velar comes with, other than that this is exactly like Velar in terms of equipment. I would have honestly liked the Clear-Sight Ground View camera on the IRVM (even Evoque has this).

The decision of Velar vs F-Pace is gonna be tough, though I assume looks to be one of the most important parameter for most. Also am not really expecting discounts on this or the Velar for the foreseeable future except for a 1/2 Lakh "courtesy" concession. They have been moving cars more or less on MRP.
Old 10th June 2021, 22:52   #9
BHPian

The f-pace has always been a good looking vehicle, this takes it even further.

Here are all the changes in the facelift vis a vis old model:

Subtle differences outside with major revisions to interior.

Also looks like they finally got rid of the the interior party piece (although hated by many) - the rotary gear selector!
ToThePoint is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 23:14   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Being a current F-pace owner,.
Oh that’s interesting. Which variant / engine do you have. Also, how old is it and how’s your experience so far with JLR reliability as well as service.

I searched but couldn’t find a F Pace thread from you - sorry if I’ve overlooked the obvious.

Cheers,
Old 10th June 2021, 23:30   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Oh that’s interesting. Which variant / engine do you have. Also, how old is it and how’s your experience so far with JLR reliability as well as service.

I searched but couldn’t find a F Pace thread from you - sorry if I’ve overlooked the obvious.

Cheers,
Got it in late 2019. There is only one variant, got the petrol version. Had put a pic of it in the show off your rims thread as I got BBS 19 inch rims on it.

Reliability has been fine. Just one glitch of the engine fan running too loud after a long ish drive. However, a water pump part was replaced free under the warranty to deal with the issue. Sent it to navnit motors andheri for service

The car is mainly chauffeured. Got it for the wife as she prefers SUVs. Ironically all the women in my family like SUVs, mom loves her CRV and got a Macan for my sister few months ago. Perhaps will do a thread of all 3 together.

Last edited by Sahil : 10th June 2021 at 23:37.
Sahil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 23:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Perhaps will do a thread of all 3 together.
That would be very nice, also what would be your pick between F-Pace, Velar, GLE and X5 (petrol) keeping price differences aside.
Old 11th June 2021, 00:38   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
That would be very nice, also what would be your pick between F-Pace, Velar, GLE and X5 (petrol) keeping price differences aside.
I think the X5, although I haven’t driven it but I reckon it has the most amount of power as well as biggest in size.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 21:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

2021 Jaguar F-Pace review
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 21:48   #15
BHPian

This sounds like quite an enticing proposition! With the X5 starting well over 90L, I believe this blends beautifully in between the crossover (X3,GLC etc.) and the SUV (X5,Q7 etc.) price brackets. I hope more people start buying this to make a statement to other brands that aggressive pricing even in this segment, works. I hope Mercedes of all people realise this soon enough. I can't imagine they'd be selling a whole truck load of E350s this year with a price tag of almost 1cr

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks