Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2020, 12:50   #31
BANNED

re: The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs

So the starting price for Rapid 1.0L TSI is 7,49,000/- INR

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-screenshot_20200526-koda-india9.png

Last edited by Sheel : 26th May 2020 at 13:44. Reason: Typo.
wheelguy is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Woah. No wonder they kept the car mechanically unchanged for so many years. Plonk a new engine and undercut rivals by a big margin.

Now I'd like to see the Kamiq pull off a similar feat by undercutting the Creta/Seltos ala Kicks.
Nithesh_M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

I don't know how badly the rider edition is specced, but @7.49 its cheaper than Nios Turbo! A C2 sedan at a price cheaper than B1 hatch, interesting. Hope tyres are not optional extras in Rider variant. The next variant costs 2.5lacs more.

Last edited by PrideRed : 26th May 2020 at 13:29.
PrideRed is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:45   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I don't know how badly the rider edition is specced, but @7.49 its cheaper than Nios Turbo! A C2 sedan at a price cheaper than B1 hatch, interesting. Hope tyres are not optional extras in Rider variant. The next variant costs 2.5lacs more.
Not bad in specs at all infact other than small bits like Projectors among other things I could have lived with it for sure.
Brishti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:45   #35

The starting price is very attractive. For those who like the 1.0L TSI engine and dont want polo can easily go and get the Rider. Full size sedan though missing many features, still a value for money.
ShreeUKale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Not bad in specs at all infact other than small bits like Projectors among other things I could have lived with it for sure.
So, you have access to the brochure? I am not able to find anything on the rapid page other than the online booking function.

If you do please post it here. The price has piqued my interest.
Old 26th May 2020, 13:50   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, amazing pricing! Just what they need to shake up the market. With this Skoda India is clearly aligning to global positioning of being below VW for equivalent cars in pricing. The Rapid is now priced substantially below the Vento and even priced below the Polo for the same TSI engine!

To top it off, the rider version has some features one would never find in entry level variants of sedans, such as an climatronic auto AC, adjustable rear seat AC vents, rear central armrest, electrically adjustable ORVMs with turn indicator lights, power socket it rear central console. one-touch up/down for driver power window, remote boot opening, and a host of other small features to make you feel you are in a well engineered car with lot of attention paid to details.

Launching on an old platform with fully depreciated plant, equipment and tooling, plus a mature supply base willing to cut component parts to the bone, has its benefits for sure! I hope we see the same with Duster when they launch the BS6 model with the 1.3 turbo petrol - hopefully pricing it substantially less than the equivalent Nissan Kicks!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 26th May 2020 at 14:19.
84.monsoon is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:53   #38
BHPian

The platform has been milked so much that they might be making huge profits even at these prices. I'm sure they wouldn't have priced it at this level with a brand new platform.

Over the years, the localisation has resulted in a reduction of overall quality and fit n finish. The benefit was in the form of cheaper parts and more features, but the quality isn't the same as before though still better than some competitors. Also doubt if this platform would get a 4 star safety rating in 2020.
BigBrad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:55   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
So, you have access to the brochure? I am not able to find anything on the rapid page other than the online booking function.

If you do please post it here. The price has piqued my interest.
Brochure found through Google search. No links in Skoda site. Apparently, the base variant isn't as bare-bones and is quite value for money.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rapid-tsi-brochure.pdf (3.06 MB, 4623 views)

Last edited by Researcher : 26th May 2020 at 13:57.
Researcher is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 13:59   #40
BHPian

Seems like Skoda have outdone themselves. The Rapid's seems like pretty well equipped even in it's Rider variant. Take a look at these specs:

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img_20200526_134639.jpg

For a sedan that costs 7.5 lakhs I think this is definitely a good package.

The interior's specs:-

The Skoda Rapid 1.0L TSI Petrol, now launched at Rs 7.49 lakhs-img_20200526_134651.jpg

Auto Ac, Scuff Plates, 2din Audio System, rear defogger, a more safer car and a better build quality, seems like this variant is targeted at customer's who are looking to buy a Dzire VXI which costs about 7.70 lakhs on road. With a 7.5 ex-showroom price you should be able to get it on the road with 8.6 lakhs. So definitely worth a shot. And not to forget that 1.0 TSI. Anyone looking at Polo Trendline and Comfortline variants will be much more comfortable in buying a sedan with a better engine(1.0 TSI). Only cons that I would like to nitpick is that if they could offer a 6 speed but then that's like asking way too much.
abhi9044 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 15:26   #41
BHPian

This is great pricing, esp for rider edition, this will be less than 9L on road. This covers pretty much all basic features required, except rear washer. If I were in the market now, this will be a serious contender! Would like to get a test drive to see how it drives!

It is 6 speed right?

Last edited by punto_ : 26th May 2020 at 15:28.
punto_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 16:25   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

The Rider variant does not seem to have airbags as per the online specs. Only ABS. Otherwise seems extremely well specced. A C segment sedan with a new turbo petrol engine at under 10L OTR is definitely value for money.

Edit: Maybe I am mistaken, the brochure link shared in the earlier post lists dual airbags. Not sure why the site does not list it out when it specifically mentions 2 airbags in the next variant.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 26th May 2020 at 16:35.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 16:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
It is 6 speed right?
Yes, Punto sir. It is a six-speed manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The Rider variant does not seem to have airbags as per the online specs. Only ABS.
If that actually were the case, this car wouldn't even be allowed to be sold here under the new and current norms, since at least a driver airbag has to be present as standard, along with ABS. The base Rider variant has two airbags as standard.

Honestly, I'm blown away by the pricing. My grandfather is looking for a car to replace our 18-year-old Alto with. I strongly wish I could make him consider this , but I read a lot of the horror stories about Skoda's maintenance centres here, which I strongly hope Skoda and Volkswagen improve upon.
BashfulKlutz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 16:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

This seems like a sweet proposition, especially considering the lacklustre 1.6MPI of the previous generation. Pretty feature-loaded too, for a VW Group product. Climate control on all variants at this price tag is quite impressive.

However, I feel that the new 20cm Android head unit of the higher variants looks a tad aftermarket (like the pre-facelift 4th-gen City). This is probably because the glossy finish stands out on a matte centre console. Perhaps a matte finish would have made it look more in-sync. I feel that the 16cm touchscreen from the lower variants (Ambition, ONYX) looks better integrated.

I'm also waiting for the announcement of the automatic transmission. I really wish the Monte Carlo had 4 airbags like the Style variant, or better still, 6 airbags, like the previous generation European-spec Polo. This upgrade was a good chance to do that. For more money than the Style, you'd expect more, or at least the same safety features.

It's surprising how Skoda has made a ten-year old car suddenly seem like a very good buy. I'm quite sure its sales will be helped by the polarising grille of the non-turbo variants of the facelifted Verna, although the launch of the new City might cause some hindrance.
ron178 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 17:36   #45
Team-BHP Support

What just happened?

7.49 is the exact same price tag with which the Tigor JTP was launched in 2018, and it became 7.59L post the minor update in 2019! Hyundai Grand i10 Nios 1.0 TGDi costs 7.7 lakhs and Aura 1.0 TGDi costs 8.54 lakhs!

Even getting the same engine in a Polo needs 8.02 lakhs!

For someone who just needs a good base sedan with a powerful turbo-petrol motor - the Rapid Rider MT seems like a jaw-dropping bargain!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th May 2020 at 17:39.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (25) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks