Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 13:11   #61
BHPian

Re: Preparing a Gypsy For RDH 2011

The additional analog speedo install was done last night. Posting a blurry picture of it. Took a maruti 800 speedo and made a casing around it. Connected it with the existing speedo cable of the gypsy. The main ODO of the gypsy has been disconnected. The other gauges such as ffuel and temperature works.

Could have done a digital setup too. But taking OldMonk`s advice of a analog one by which you can get a idea of a second decimal since the last digit rotates slowly. Thanks satish.

Will post better pics of the speedo soon.

Also, i have a problem, Since last night a orange light is constantly glowing on the console. Posting a pic of it too. Someone please tell me what does this indicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Preparing a Gypsy For the RAID!-speedo.jpg  

Preparing a Gypsy For the RAID!-speedo1.jpg  

Preparing a Gypsy For the RAID!-speedo-3.jpg  

Old 15th September 2011, 14:06   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks neat. Make sure to re-calibrate with GPS on a straight highway if possible.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:14   #63
Team-BHP Support

Orange light pretty sure coz you disconnected the speedo cable, its ECU error code registry for malfunction. Yes MPFI Gypsy has sensors at speedo.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:09   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
The additional analog speedo install was done last night.
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Looks neat. Make sure to re-calibrate with GPS on a straight highway if possible.
I was about to suggest the same Once done, there should hardly be any difference between your odo and road book..
Old 19th September 2011, 15:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
The additional analog speedo install was done last night. Posting a blurry picture of it. Took a maruti 800 speedo and made a casing around it. Connected it with the existing speedo cable of the gypsy. The main ODO of the gypsy has been disconnected. The other gauges such as ffuel and temperature works.
Hi Abbas,

Gud job, gypsy is looking very neat. Even if don't get the red bull sponsorship, I am sure you will be able to impress red bull pretty gals with the color combination of your gypsy .

I have my own doubts whether anyone can calibrate the M800 speedo as per gypsy requirement as both have different rim size.

pls check with Sudev ji, I think there is some guy in Nizzamudin who do the speedometer for gypsy with the analog tripmeter using the same gears, he also gives T kind of arrangement where you can connect two cables for speedometer, one for the navigator side & other for driver side. This will solve your Engine light problem. I had seen this in some gypsy during my RDH, it is a small console having Speedometer, horn button & wiper switch, unfortunately I had lost the phone number of that guy.

Secondly I will strongly recommend you to use GPS if your navigator is doing it first time, It really helps to see the overall average speed and keep maintaining it if your navigator is missing the calculations or he is not well. The additional penalty factor will not hurt you that badly.

Cheers!

Alok
Old 18th October 2012, 12:12   #66

2013 - Raid De Himalaya Project

Dear Friends,

I am planning to participate in Raid De Himalayas - Adventure in 2013 (October). I am booking a brand new Gypsy for this purpose. I wish to hear from you, suggestions on how to make my participation most exciting. I also get inputs from you on how to make my Gypsy ralliable.

Is someone interested in joining me as a co driver??
Old 18th October 2012, 15:22   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2013 - Raid De Himalaya Project

First which category are you keeping in mind?

Xtreme? You would have to do modifications

Adventure? My advise would be to go with just a stock Gypsy.
Old 19th October 2012, 13:32   #68
fk7
BHPian

Re: Preparing a Gypsy For the RAID!

Contact Amanpreet Ahluwalia from Auto Attitudes Delhi. Its his own garage and he is the runner up this year at the raid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks