Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2013, 16:30   #31
BHPian

Re: Machdar Motorsports launches the i1 Super Series EDIT: Postponed to 2013

January 2013 came and went. Yet there is absolutely no news about whether the series is going to be organised or not. Has anyone got any news whatsoever?
Old 6th March 2015, 02:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Bad news (unsurprising though), guys.
All 18 of the i1 race cars (Radical SR3s) have come up for sale in Dubai.
Old 8th March 2015, 08:29   #33

Dear Nitrous, the cars came up for sale in 2013. I was working on trying to buy and get the Machdar plan operational. The strategust is a great personal friend when we worked in the same group owning a IPL team. The concept and planning was super...a win win. The dear friend who strategised this concept was totally cheated by his mentor and thus this event never saw the light of day.
srinath1965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 15:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Guess what I spotted while on the way to the movies!

Attachment 987927

It was a flatbed. When I spotted it from a distance, I was expecting it to be some German car. But as we inched closer in the maddening MG Road traffic, I realized that there was something highly unusual about it. Through the black covers, I saw the silhouette of what seemed like a Formula car - the huge wing sealed it for me.

And then I peered out of the rear window, snapped it and asked the friendly-looking passenger in the flat-bed what it was. Trying to make himself audible, he shouted SR 3. I was confused initially and Googled SR 3 only to realize that it's actually a motorcycle-engined (Suzuki Hayabusa) road-legal track-bred car made by the company Radical. I'd read about this car before and it had even featured in TG.

Attachment 987926

I'd love to get my hands on one of these 'round a race-track. I'm sure the sensation will be hard to match.

You may not know this but the machdar office was in Indiranagar, just off 6th main. The car (rolling chassis) was parked there for the longest time !
binz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks