Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 14:13   #1
BHPian

Formula 1 @ Delhi, stay options for Team BHPians

Moderators please move this to the appropriate thread.

I would like to start this thread mainly because of the difficulty in booking a hotel in Delhi for the formula 1 race. Everything on the website look cool but afraid how they will be on arrival.

My group of 9 friends have confirmed air tickets and race tickets but are finding difficulty in booking rooms. all of the hotels ask for advance do not mind paying but how good are they remains to be seen only on arrival, Maybe BHPians from delhi can advise us in this matter.

I have shortlisted the following hotels.

1. hotel Stallions in GK1
2. hotel home@f37 again GK
3. hotel gautam residency in Gk

Can anybody help with these. also for sightseeing in delhi and Agra, reliable Taxi operators and etc.

Our budget is 5k per night on triple sharing and our pck up point is India gate.

If there are better places than the above please advise the same.
Old 10th September 2011, 20:59   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Formula 1 @ Delhi, stay options for Team BHPians

May not be what you are looking for but....
Today while at the Marshal Training program came to know that some of the friends had stayed nearby in Greater Noida at a Bed & Breakfast place. They were very happy with the quality and value @2500per double bed including breakfast. Will try and post the details of B&B.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 16:57   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bed & Breakfast is the way to go! I've also booked one in Greater Noida at an identical (as per Sudevs post) Rs. 2,500 per night. If you are sharing the room with a friend, it's a cheap 1,250 per night. The place is one that's frequently booked by corporates for their middle-management. Super clean rooms and <30 minutes from the track.

Hotels will rip you off.
Old 11th September 2011, 19:20   #4
BHPian

could you give me the details of the B&B. am looking for accomodation myself.
Old 12th September 2011, 14:01   #5
BHPian

I too do not mind B&B , but can you give details. Also my f1 ticket purchased with Pick up point at india Gate, can this be changed.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:08   #6
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 @ Delhi, stay options for Team BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
could you give me the details of the B&B. am looking for accomodation myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
I too do not mind B&B , but can you give details. Also my f1 ticket purchased with Pick up point at india Gate, can this be changed.
The B&B place that Sudev sir is referring to is called 'Kapaali' - call Ms.Mansi at 9810598009. Excellent place- you either get a full fledged 3 bedroom apartment (for 6 people) with cook/caretaker or something like a service apartment for 2 people. 2k/2.5k for two with breakfast.
I stayed here with some offroaders from Chandigarh during the Marshall training and it was completely worth it.
Old 12th September 2011, 15:31   #7
BHPian

There are service apts in Noida like Bellavista. Going rate for a 3bhk ~6k/day.
Old 17th September 2011, 15:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
The B&B place that Sudev sir is referring to is called 'Kapaali' - call Ms.Mansi at 9810598009. Excellent place- you either get a full fledged 3 bedroom apartment (for 6 people) with cook/caretaker or something like a service apartment for 2 people. 2k/2.5k for two with breakfast.
I stayed here with some offroaders from Chandigarh during the Marshall training and it was completely worth it.

Here is the link:
About Us

And we were well taken care off. The best part is that the apartment had wi-fi, LCD tv with Tata sky. It is a brand new construction. And we had the lobby and dining area all by ourselves as we booked the entire apartment. And we cooked some food too. The kitchen is well furnished. All you have to do is to order exactly what you want in advance.

We had initially planned to dinner out. But our planned changed when we checked in. There was facility to play pool, a badminton court, squash court and a swimming pool. So no need to go out of the locality. The area that we stayed in is APS towers.

The best part is that the track is just few minutes away. If fact this is one of the closest housing available near the track. It's mid-way of the school (where you have training) and the track.

Will see if I can upload the pics that we had clicked during our stay.

And Mansi, the owner, is very co-operative and a through professional.

Last edited by wanderhermit : 17th September 2011 at 15:49.
Old 17th September 2011, 17:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderhermit View Post
Here is the link:
About Us

And we were well taken care off. The best part is that the apartment had wi-fi, LCD tv with Tata sky. It is a brand new construction. And we had the lobby and dining area all by ourselves as we booked the entire apartment. And we cooked some food too. The kitchen is well furnished. All you have to do is to order exactly what you want in advance.

We had initially planned to dinner out. But our planned changed when we checked in. There was facility to play pool, a badminton court, squash court and a swimming pool. So no need to go out of the locality. The area that we stayed in is APS towers.

The best part is that the track is just few minutes away. If fact this is one of the closest housing available near the track. It's mid-way of the school (where you have training) and the track.

Will see if I can upload the pics that we had clicked during our stay.

And Mansi, the owner, is very co-operative and a through professional.
Here is a view from balcony of the apartment. Excellent option for a group.
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1 @ Delhi, stay options for Team BHPians-imag0424_edit.jpg  

Old 17th September 2011, 17:16   #10
BHPian

guys you can also stay at Radisson Blu, Greater Noida. Its on the way/near to F1 track.
Old 17th September 2011, 17:22   #11
BHPian

i have an appartment which is 10-15 mins from the track. i would be getting its possession any day. what i can do is that i can arrange for beds and the daily needs and any of our friends who want to stay there are more than welcome. i'll repost as soon as i have any update on the same.
S.I.N.G.H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 17:43   #12
BHPian

here is the direction from The Great India Place Mall, Sector 18, Noida -- Radisson Blu, Greater Noida -- The Buddha International Circuit, Greater Noida.
Old 18th September 2011, 03:09   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulgoel View Post
guys you can also stay at Radisson Blu, Greater Noida. Its on the way/near to F1 track.
Tried getting a booking there??!!

All major hotels including many in Delhi are booked or are quoting sky high rates for that week!
Old 18th September 2011, 23:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Tried getting a booking there??!!

All major hotels including many in Delhi are booked or are quoting sky high rates for that week!
Nope, I haven't tried to know about the availability of rooms. I live nearby Radisson, at Unitech Heights apartments...but I'll not go to the event. I'll try to get info about the availability for accomodation during the event.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks