Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2006, 21:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

What happened to the Skoda and the other car being towed. Is it a Civic??
Old 26th February 2006, 21:37   #17
Team-BHP Support

the skoda had an accident after the event on the road, think it hit a sumo.

manson.
Old 26th February 2006, 21:37   #18
BHPian

After the drag,Shabeer did all kinds of stunts on his R1 outside the venue.That was the highlight of the day.
Old 26th February 2006, 21:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Shabeer, is it??
I don't know how many lives this cat's got??

My verdict: The word 'F-U-N' seems to be lost in the drag scene in India today.
I'll always salute Jaggu for entering his Stock ikon1.6 in every drag.
Old 26th February 2006, 21:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
That Kawasaki green ninja is a definite re-paint.

YES it is !!!The fairing that it had costed him liek 2-3 grand ! Quite some time back this guy was trying out whellies and stuff at bandra and it lost control so the whole fairing got ......... and he had to replace one . But he dint have like 2-2.5 lakhs for a brand new fairing .... so............ n the Nos cylinder that it had didn't have any Nitrous in it !

NOTE FROM MODERATORS - VARUN, THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING FOR USING FOUL LANGUAGE IN YOUR POSTS. IF THIS IS SEEN AGAIN WE WILL TAKE SERIOUS ACTION.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2006 at 22:15.
Old 26th February 2006, 22:01   #21
BHPian

as per my sources there was no third bike that did 13secs.
TOM from the forum,i thought but i dont think he was there this time.

howcome the big bike category had so few bikes.i heard cops were busting but 3bikes is outrageous.
Old 26th February 2006, 22:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets
i reached late as well.. my friend took a wrong turn n we landed in some village!! lol.. these are the pics after the event... ENJOY!

saw the smashed skoda while leaving.. had banged head on into a tata sumo(i think)

ill b posting some vidz frm day1 soon..

all my day1 pics are missin.. my mem card got formatted last nite by mistake .. so i cant posts pics of day1 which i had taken.. sorry guys :(
Well mate it was a Toyota Qualis, this incident took place right infront of me.....

The driver of Skoda was an underaged guy so he ran away.....(probably to get his Dad)..............
Right at the time of Impact the Airbags came in handy saw it all happen, what a mess!
The Qualis suffered a great loss, the front left axel broke and the vehicle had to be pushed aside

Last edited by ArmourOfGod : 26th February 2006 at 22:32.
Old 26th February 2006, 22:42   #23
BHPian

Well the day 2 was a real dissapointment for me not much of Sbk's, not much of Supercars....................

Thanks to the Custom officials...........I wish they had never turned up then this event would've been a real biggie.

The road was good too but as the wheelieboy said was kinda bumpy and not that levelled. Also said by Mr Sinha "The Mayor" I suppose that he never knew how big the event would be, so does that men that it is going to be better next year???????
Old 26th February 2006, 22:47   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1000f
as per my sources there was no third bike that did 13secs.
TOM from the forum,i thought but i dont think he was there this time.
forget your sources, i witnessed it, and the 13 sec runs happened one after the other, started with baban, with a charged up arun followed by the third guy whose name i haven't hard yet.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2006 at 22:50.
Old 27th February 2006, 00:01   #25
BHPian

^^ What he said. That run of 4-5 bikes one after the other was crazy! Those were like a series of lightning bolts !!! Damn 13-14 times exit velocities at 140-175kph! :o
Old 27th February 2006, 00:16   #26
BHPian

HEy just got back home....
had a much better day today then yesterday i must say...
yesterday was boring only run i liked was my drive back home where i topped my car at 180....otherwise the last run of the e zen was the highlight of the day ...the guy got a brilliant start and when he shifted to second he went sideways for some time and then just blasted off...dont know how many of ull saw this run on the first day...was pretty amazing.

today was more exciting ...cause timings were obviously faster......loved the pulsar guy doing the wheeliie while standing on his seat ...best run according to me was the corvettes trial run where he clocked a top speed of 179.4 ....s2000 nothing great .....the m5 had a good run though its last run was all over the place....it was like he was comming straight into us....luckily he did well to control his car......TURNOUT OF BIKES WAS DISSAPOINTG....but then again its understandable after what happened esterday...my two bikes were also stalled

after all was over waited for sometime checkin out various systems in the diff cars and then went off with manson and ported to palm beach road with some other of my friends where we had the cat and mouse race with the hummer....he actually did some off roading to get past me ( what say manson)...ate at center 1 and then we indulged ourselves into some damn exciting ice hockey .....( by the way manson has a table at home and practises every day so dont challenge him to a game).....

all in all exciting day 2 and khargar never let me down at all..personally tought the event was much better organised and about it finishin early...it was scheduled to.....12:30 was the scheduled prize ceremony time...

dippy ; thanks for everything
ported; see u in ur college dude..im comming to help ull
manson; anytime dude...pleasure was mine...and buddy we can always tell our children we smoked the hummer..

cheeers

ALLAN

some pics by the way

Last edited by Rtech : 27th February 2006 at 21:04.
Old 27th February 2006, 00:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

@Manson: the KS motorsport white baleno-engined zen managed 15.4x seconds; it was the dark blue zen that managed 14.8 seconds flat..... and B-O-Y...that was a hell of a showdown between the R1 and the gixxer.....10.41 ain't no joke...H-O-L-Y cow.....

dunno why, but i heard KS's orange city over-revving in first, mis-shift to second, accompanied by a lot of misfires and detonation- i'm not sure, but i thought i heard his head gasket blowing up or something; the poor fella managed just 16.xx in his city....

the much-hyped silver lancer evo-vii from KS got 13.88 sec time, even WITH engine problems; that's something...the fastest car of the day was neville's green corvette, i guess; the guy who did the first run on the corvette set an amazing 13.01 seconds. the white mustang from neville set a slower time than most expected...

neville had also brought in some contraption that looked like an open formula-racer; with-wait for it- a V8 engine breathing via webers on K&N and a sequential shift transaxle...Y-A-W-S-A....now THAT, is ingenuity....and the car set 13.8 or something too.....

gautam singhania made a guest appearance, and he did 2 runs each too, in his elise and the s2000; the s2000 managed 14.xx with the elise running it close, i guess. and although narain karthikeyan made a guest appearance, i couldn't get a glimpse of him. the auto-guys whom i recognised, who were present, were hormazd (from ACI) and sirish chandran and a few others from O.D.

the one part that i liked- the BMW M5s, who made a guest appearance, managed to do an amazing 13.xx on a strictly "test" run...and i guess the driver had swtiched off his TCS, because he was killing the rear wheels on the second run, on which he managed 13.xx.....and trust me, the V10 is a BLAST to hear on full song.....yeeehaaaa....

both days fine, but overall, well.... organisation was MUCH better than last year's. but participation levels were low. i had seen a modded NOS-ed gixxer from bangy on day one, who had drag-slicks and some other mods that i couldn't see- which DIDN'T race on day two. also, a NOSed zx-12r and quite a few others didn't make it on day two. i was expecting a NOS-ed busa, and another blue one, but they didn't race today either- dunno why. and i believe that if these 12r's and busas had raced, they could've have broken the 10 second barrier- no sweat; i think they would've managed 9.5 with ease.

disappointments- no porsches, audis (except the TT which came for a showoff, but didn't race), ferraris or SL55's on the tarmac this year....and certainly not the hush-hush GTR R34 that was expected to do the runs this time....i was seriously expecting the R34, but came off slightly disappointed.

as for the meet, it was okay. if you want my advice, hold the meets in khargar every year.....much better than bandra-worli sealink....but arrange better viewing spots for the spectators, please....

p.s- and i THINK i saw robin doing the runs on his octy, back and forth on the track...

p.p.s- care to elaborate on what happened with the sbk's yesterday, xtremepower? i heard a lot of ruckus went on, and quite a few were being checked upon by pandus for regn papers and stuff, along with some behind-the-stage rivalry going on as well.....

Last edited by veyron1 : 27th February 2006 at 00:28.
Old 27th February 2006, 00:48   #28
BHPian

The yellow gsxr from bangalore does not have nos. It does have drag suspension and slicks.

Can u please post some pics or give more details abt the other nos bikes present.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 27th February 2006 at 00:50.
Old 27th February 2006, 00:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

I got some intel that DILIP Rogers was given a busa by a "Bangalore tuner" to race in Bombay.

Can anyone confirm my info??
Old 27th February 2006, 00:59   #30
BHPian

veyron,,,at the end of the day 1 the dri came and started checkin papers of all the imported bikes...( the assistant commisioner was there...he was a well dressed surd in the pits )..they seized a busa...the poor guy just entered the pits and they seized his bike...another bike they seized was the zx 12 r......thats the reason my bikes never went today and so did alot others....nice way for them to seize bikes at a drag.......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks