Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 01:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

If only legit bikes are gonna race, expect 2-3 SBKs max at bangalore.

This is bad.DRI must have been a sponsor for the speedrun.
Old 27th February 2006, 01:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

@ciclaturbo: no, the one i saw was in a tempo with another bike, and was a white and blue gixxer, with modified (i'm guessing lightweight) bodykits and camouflage. sorry, no pics, as i was shooting videos. the other nos-ed bikes present, that i saw, were; an R1, a busa(blue), a 12r, a fireblade(although i don't know if he had come to race). these are the bikes that i can recollect as of now...too sleepy... plus, the gixxer that set the fastest TT of 10.4 was running NOS too, i guess...

@xtremepower; ac-cha...THAT fiasco...yea heard the pandus created a lot of ruckus. heard they seized some bikes too- i could only catch a glimpse of the fights; some of them almost banged up the pandus. and, erm; what EXACTLY do you mean by "your bikes didn't come to race"...? which bikes do you have? if you DO know the exact details about the DRi fiasco, could you pm me please? thanks.

Post edited

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th February 2006 at 10:46.
Old 27th February 2006, 01:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

@nitrous; holy cow- i didn't know we had THAT many illegal sbk's out here...no wonder they are growing in number....why would anyone pay 11 lacs when you can get the same 1000 cc bike for 8, right....?

edit: sorry about the 10.4 sec gixxer; turns out it didn't have nos....

Last edited by veyron1 : 27th February 2006 at 01:39.
Old 27th February 2006, 01:47   #34
Team-BHP Support

hey veyronm, were the fights the reason why the public took off to the pitlane on day one, leaving the spectator section half empty?
and what fights you really talking about?

manson.
Old 27th February 2006, 01:47   #35
BHPian

in short, good event. very well managed. obviously missed the bangalore cars, but anyways.

Off Topic:
Allan, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? i beat manson 7-5 in ice hockey.
& yeap, i got the 2 OHCs & the Hummer in action on my cell cam. will be posting soon.
great meeting manson, ported, viper, kooldude, xtreme power, atifzen & others
~cheers

Last edited by gamerno1 : 27th February 2006 at 01:48.
Old 27th February 2006, 02:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

@manson; nope, the first day, there was some ruckus with the SBK guys; the so-called DRi thing happened later, afternoon or something; the reason why the crowds took off was because of the "stunting" going on- a few SBKS's popped some stoppies and wheelies, with some of our indian counterparts for company....somebody shouted "oye- dhoomchi stunt marto..." and lo- a stampede...

the "fights" were more verbal; it almost came to fisticuffs, though- i didn't see the entire thing; i just saw some hullaboo over pandus and SBK guys; i also saw a whole lot of SBK guys making a break for it after this happened....especially that R1 guy...

p.s- were you in the v.i.p docks today ? i think i saw you...which ride did you bring..?
Old 27th February 2006, 10:28   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen
After the drag,Shabeer did all kinds of stunts on his R1 outside the venue.That was the highlight of the day.
well he wasnt shabeer,,,he was sayed ethasham,on white n red r1,,
Old 27th February 2006, 10:59   #38
BANNED

[quote=....

neville had also brought in some contraption that looked like an open formula-racer; with-wait for it- a V8 engine breathing via webers on K&N and a sequential shift transaxle...Y-A-W-S-A....now THAT, is ingenuity....and the car set 13.8 or something too.....
[b[B]]DUDE... Im sure the ACTUAL owner of the car, HIMANSHU GONDAL will want to have a word with you for GIVING his car away to NEVILLE...[/[/b]b]

the one part that i liked- the BMW M5s, who made a guest appearance, managed to do an amazing 13.xx on a strictly "test" run...and i guess the driver had swtiched off his TCS, because he was killing the rear wheels on the second run, on which he managed 13.xx.....and trust me, the V10 is a BLAST to hear on full song.....yeeehaaaa....
Word is the M5's GEARBOX is TOAST.. will give you guys an update as and when I get the info

p.s- and i THINK i saw robin doing the runs on his octy, back and forth on the track...]
Yup that was Rtech alright.. TRYING VERY HARD to beat me in the SILVER SKODA with the O.Z 19 inchers... better luck next time Rtech

quote]
Old 27th February 2006, 11:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

any videos ?????????just heard that t-bhpian MKRAFT's honda city came 3rd in its category
Old 27th February 2006, 11:32   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yup that was Rtech alright.. TRYING VERY HARD to beat me in the SILVER SKODA with the O.Z 19 inchers...
So I guess the slight power advantage (230bhp vs 90bhp) you had worked afterall
Old 27th February 2006, 11:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Where are pics from Gordon,v12???
Old 27th February 2006, 11:34   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I guess the slight power advantage (230bhp vs 90bhp) you worked afterall
90?? I thought it was running on Pete's powerbox!!
Old 27th February 2006, 12:05   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
So I guess the slight power advantage (230bhp vs 90bhp) you had worked afterall
YUP... did'nt I tell you to box the car for Sunday.... huh huh huh??
<<<now thats you.. oh well better luck next time Rt
Old 27th February 2006, 13:02   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
p.s- were you in the v.i.p docks today ? i think i saw you...which ride did you bring..?
yeah i was, had got my 1.5 ohc to the venue, parked a couple of cars away from the entrance of the vip section.

manson.
Old 27th February 2006, 13:13   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Some highlights of the Sunday drag:

1. EXCELLENTLY organised - Compared to last year, the 2006 drags were managed in an extremely efficient manner and was a GIANT leap forward. The crowd control was superb, there was plentiful parking....the timing screens are the start line made life simpler for spectators as we could immediately know how a driver performed. Simply put - Unlike 2005, people actually knew what was going on.

2. The battle between the Gixer and R1 was to die for. These two were out for each others blood with consistent improvements on each try. Reminded us of the Mika / Schumy war in Suzuka 1998.

3. Was extremely surprised to see only one single RS in the entry list. This is Indias no.1 enthusiast car now and with the cult following, there is simply no reason for RS owners to be absent from such an event.

4. Sound award goes to the wild F5000 car. I have never heard a machine that sounded as maniacal as this one.

5. The power-sliding M5 was pure drama! I would presume all electronic aid was shut off, as the car lost traction in 1st gear itself and was shuffling between a LHS and RHS power slide.

6. Disappointing times from heavily modified cars which were otherwise very hyped about.

7. Lack of Supercars. No Ferraris, Porsches and the like. This was sorely missed, as the joy of hearing a supercar at full throttle is unparalleled. Especially in Indian territory.

8. Hero of the day was a beautiful white Contessa. Time = 16.9x seconds. Anyone can modify a Honda and an RS, but to get a sub-17 second time on a Contessa is mind blowing. Well driven!!

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks