Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 16:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indian Class - Forced Induction/NOS - 1101-1400cc

Chirayu Bendre Honda City 1.28 16.797
Chandresh Tolia WagonR Turbo 0.533 18.702
this i never imagined... actually, i still cant!
Old 27th February 2006, 16:21   #62
BHPian

That prostock 15.3sec lancer is faster than almost all other forced induction indian cars
Old 27th February 2006, 16:49   #63
BHPian

whos car was stuart driving? any pics of this car?

very surprising timing!!
Old 27th February 2006, 17:00   #64
BHPian

venue was a mess!

i'm sure that there will be a lot of people who will differ on this one.
1] was there on the first day and there was no way i could figure to get in. the security guards refused to let me enter. all this when i could see hordes of people (including aunties from nearby villages and construction workers gawking from the sidelines). a surd manning the vip gate told me that i had to book passes for that enclosure a month in advance (i don't remember any ads selling passes to that enclosure) i finally (sheepishly) had to climb over a barricade to enter.

2] why couldn't the organisers let those who wanted to do wheelies/ donuts use the other strip???

3] for all of it's shortcomings the strip on the reclamation at bandra had it's own charm. it also made it more accessible to more enthusiasts.
Old 27th February 2006, 17:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Why doesn't Autocar release their pics and videos for everyone?!
None of the videos of the past races have been given out to the public. What are they hiding it for?!
Old 27th February 2006, 17:29   #66
BANNED

[quote=ash7678]
WOW.. right in one.. I do disagree with you about this... the runoff area at the Reclimation was TOO SHORT and TOO TIGHT for bike's as well as a few of the bigger more powerful cars
2] why couldn't the organisers let those who wanted to do wheelies/ donuts use the other strip???
Gee buddy get your head straight... as it is the biker's that come there are all charged up.. FYI in the morning a RD 350 Rider crashed while "practicing" on the OTHER STRIP as you call it..so you decide... practice and fall or race?

3] for all of it's shortcomings the strip on the reclamation at bandra had it's own charm. it also made it more accessible to more enthusiasts.
HMMM.. More accessable= less croud control and more track invasions... I can see the charm there... NOT!!
Old 27th February 2006, 17:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
hey guys ssup,,,i was depressed after the SPEED RUN,06, cus i practised hard still i culdnt do justice to my stunt show,,
well theres new rise to my stunt,,
here the pic of mine in MID-DAY, mumbai newspaper,
well one more text artcile from mid day,,

i got the news that delhi drag is post poned till 1st week of april,,that means b'lore n chennai drags postponed too
Old 27th February 2006, 17:38   #69
BHPian

[quote=2L8uLoose]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678
WOW.. right in one.. I do disagree with you about this... the runoff area at the Reclimation was TOO SHORT and TOO TIGHT for bike's as well as a few of the bigger more powerful cars
Gee buddy get your head straight... as it is the biker's that come there are all charged up.. FYI in the morning a RD 350 Rider crashed while "practicing" on the OTHER STRIP as you call it..so you decide... practice and fall or race?

HMMM.. More accessable= less croud control and more track invasions... I can see the charm there... NOT!!
1] OK grant you the first one...but they were still held there weren't they?

2] That may have been a genuine incident...so are you gonna stop driving because there are accidents that happen?

3] Less crowd control and more track invasions was stupidity on the organisers part...i was there for that one. the security guys had abandoned their posts cos their duty was over and the replacements hadn't come in.
Old 27th February 2006, 17:39   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy
hey guys ssup,,,i was depressed after the SPEED RUN,06, cus i practised hard still i culdnt do justice to my stunt show,,
well theres new rise to my stunt,,
here the pic of mine in MID-DAY, mumbai newspaper,
wheelie boy , there is a snap of urs in DNA Navi Mumbai too. i will post the snap if possible. may be tommorow
Old 27th February 2006, 17:44   #71
BANNED

[quote=ash7678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose

1] OK grant you the first one...but they were still held there weren't they?
Man.. your argument holds no water as far as I'm concerned.. your say that ok I shove my fingers in an electrical socket... I get a shock... what would a sane person do.. NOT shove their fingers in there again.. but your saying keep sticking your fingers in till you die.... DUMB DUMB DUMB!!!

2] That may have been a genuine incident...so are you gonna stop driving because there are accidents that happen?
The duty of the organiser is to keep the event as safe as possible.. I am not saying that just coz there is an incident.. stop driving... but don't let people put themselves or the event in jeopardy unnecessarily.

3] Less crowd control and more track invasions was stupidity on the organisers part...i was there for that one. the security guys had abandoned their posts cos their duty was over and the replacements hadn't come in.
Stupidity of the organisers or of uninformed DOOFUS BRAINS that come and want to stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF A CAR going down the 1/4 mile at over 150 kmph? And agreed.. the guards did leave their positions.. not coz their replacements had not shown up ..but because the croud(read as MOB) was getting too unruly.
Old 27th February 2006, 17:47   #72
BHPian

PLEASE PM PERSONAL OFFTOPIC POSTS TO AVOID CLUTTERING THREADS

Thanks
Support Team.

Last edited by Rtech : 27th February 2006 at 17:50.
Old 27th February 2006, 17:49   #73
Team-BHP Support

Relax guys, I think we're all on the same side here! Everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.
Old 27th February 2006, 17:50   #74
BHPian

[quote=2L8uLoose]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678
Stupidity of the organisers or of uninformed DOOFUS BRAINS that come and want to stand RIGHT IN FRONT OF A CAR going down the 1/4 mile at over 150 kmph? And agreed.. the guards did leave their positions.. not coz their replacements had not shown up ..but because the croud(read as MOB) was getting too unruly.
Relax man!...you don't need to take it personally. Since this is a discussion....each one is entitled to his/her opinion....so tone down!
Old 27th February 2006, 17:55   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Relax guys, I think we're all on the same side here! Everyone is entitled to their views and opinions.
yea yea fine.....Just giving mine... but I still say that Vashi was better than Bandra
Closed Thread

Most Viewed