Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 22:24   #91
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Good investment. His son will never be late for school.

Is the Lancer recently sold, because the Lancer pics is in the Track Day @ Chennai thread.
Yes JD has indeed sold the lancer .. The EVO was in bangy the whole of last week .. Spotted it once .. Expect JD to drive a stunner at the bangy/chennai speedrun ..
Old 27th February 2006, 22:33   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
gordon the vids have been shot by a digicam, downloading them is the least you can do to watch stuff like that, considering mad monkey and i stood in the sun (leaving the nice seats in the shade)just to shoot them for people who weren't around, so stop cribbing. lol
The videos are nice manson!!! I love the R1 video (10.93 seconds). The sound is amazing. Was he dragging a lot in second or whatever gear it was?! Seems like.
Old 27th February 2006, 23:17   #93
Senior - BHPian

@2l8uloose: well, i heard most of the guys in pits scraming Neville's name, and since he has an assortment of v8's, i assumed the guys were right. if mr. Himanshu is readig this, would like to make an official apology to you, for the goof up...and you can accept my apology by letting me have a go at the zr1...perhaps even have a crack at your lucky 13, eh...

and, erm...if it was you in the vRS 2l8uloose, then you ought to have run... with 230 claimed horses under the hood, you could have taken Bonnito's vRS....

@maverick5490: i agree completely, mave...wonder what would happen if we sprayed the bavarian beauty....provided the owner's prepared for some fireworks...

@GTO: i agree, the conty was nice, even though it lost...and guess what; N1 is prepping up a better version for next year....

and er...although a little off-topic; why don't the tbhp mods and members assist in getting vip passes and pit-access passes for the interested bhpians next year? i'm sure it can be done...

Last edited by veyron1 : 27th February 2006 at 23:18.
Old 27th February 2006, 23:17   #94
BHPian

Some more Pics courtesy fellow tbphian SanDev

Bikes...

Cars...

Old 27th February 2006, 23:34   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
this i never imagined... actually, i still cant!

the wagon r was not turbo charged it was stock.1089 cc vs turbo charged
Old 28th February 2006, 00:13   #96
BHPian

The M5 did not use Launch Control. He has not even run in the car till 2000 Km according to sources.
Old 28th February 2006, 01:07   #97
Team-BHP Support

Even after all these years, my favourite American car, the Corvette ZR1 is not a something to be messed with. Well done!
Old 28th February 2006, 02:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yeah,kooldude.
I just heard JD was involved in fine tuning the cars.

Last year, there was a 12 sec car(technically even a 11 seconder).
This year, no 12 secs too. :( even the 12.83(2005) Mustang did a 13 sec.
Bombay drag-scene seems to be only about hype.

If only Dilip Roggers was allowed to ride, u guys would have seen a 9 second from a Busa.
Dilip is planning a revenge at the Bangalore speedrun. I hope he creates a record for the next couple years.
Old 28th February 2006, 02:26   #99
BHPian

B16 on Track

It was a good day for me though i had lot of problem with the traction during the launch, The Trial run i was smoked by the Green Corvette she just flew by and i realized i was just doing wheelspin in 1st 2nd & 3rd there was no way i could catch that V8 with my stock b16 with stage1 mod but thankfully it was just a pratice run this was one good thing they introduced so you get used to track infact they should have given at least 2 trial run since number of cars were less and we had plenty of time

For final run i was more concerned about the wheelspin i didnt wanted to waste time like that,i was pitted against a turbo vtec with dual stage nitrous setup & running external wastegate she had got an excellent start and was almost 1 car lenght ahead of me in the beginning but i managed to overtook her and finished at 14.9 for 1/4 mile, later when i went checked the timing sheet i was bit dissapointed by my reaction time it was an unacceptable 1.4sec but since i managed to pull her at finish line at 14.9 i knew the engine has a good potential she can do low 14 sec run with current setup if your launch is good with a decent reaction time,thats what drag race is about , thats the KEY ! Its not always power its how we deliver it thats make a lot of difference.
Hopefully by next year i should give some stiff competition to the corvette & mustangs by the mods i am planning for & if all goes well ...............!

Overall the Event was very well organized but we felt missing some super cars compared to last year ferraris,Porsche.. etc
I still dont know why was the last Knockout Challenge for fastest 8 cars got cancelled it would have been a treat to watch that, we had plenty of time !

btw i got a video of Honda S2000 trying to do 360 deg its about 13mb shot by my friend

http://rapidshare.de/files/14287452/MOV00836.MPG.html

@manson your video shoot was excellent
Old 28th February 2006, 03:03   #100
BHPian

congrats ford_rocam.. u made us all proud @ speedrun.. although i didnt get to see ur car in action .. cheers n all the best on ur future mods for ur ride!

-Ash
Old 28th February 2006, 03:08   #101
Senior - BHPian

Sweet experience,rocam.

170 bhp, NA,no NOS and a 14 sec timing. U better rename urself 'Morewith less'!!
Old 28th February 2006, 07:42   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
The M5 did not use Launch Control. He has not even run in the car till 2000 Km according to sources.

The car had JUST run-in 2000km. He had done his service done the day before the speed run.
He did not use launch Control but was in S6 DSC, which caused his rear to fishtail, which leads me to believe if using Launch control, he would have probably defeated the Vette's time.
Old 28th February 2006, 07:57   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Like always xxxcelent coverage of the event by you guys which is a boon for ppl like me who are out of the country at the moment.
Gr8 pics and video(tho some dont load up) but for the feedback I can see that there was a lot less xcitment this time around... last year had some spectacular cars showcased even tho they werent racing, like the poonawala stable,etc. Even the SL55 AMG didnt seem around this year. I guess alot of exotic car owners kept away due to the big brothers keeping an eye on the event for EPCG theifs.
@ Guess - Was hoping you would be taking part this year since i belive your car has gone past the run-in period.
Old 28th February 2006, 08:35   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Sweet experience,rocam.

170 bhp, NA,no NOS and a 14 sec timing. U better rename urself 'Morewith less'!!
No nitrous , i had desi nos setup in my car jetted to 50 shot but effectively it comes to 35 moreover i didnt notice any difference when nos was active i felt the same as if running N.A, dont know why but for delhi & banglore i will use a proper setup.

@ buzzin hornets, you can download video of my run which Manson has posted on page 4

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 28th February 2006 at 08:39.
Old 28th February 2006, 10:01   #105
BANNED

@Veyron1.. Yea that was me in the Silver vRs.. for the answer to the first part of your statement.. look at your PM's.. as for taking Bonnie's vRS.. well he's a friend and I just wouldnt feel right beating him and then dealing with him crying all the time... lol
Closed Thread

Most Viewed