Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2006, 23:07   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
The CLS 55 which didnt participate has 476 horses under da hood and a 0-100 in 4.7 secs............ too bad it wasnt burnin the tarmac there ....
I would killlllll to see that pitted against the m5!
Old 28th February 2006, 23:11   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Stock 170 bhp is at crank so effectively it comes down to around 150 at wheels my first trial run was very bad i already had stiffened suspension (GTO) and i also reduced tyre pressure to around 25 psi to get max contact path the clutch holds immediately and at 7500rpm potenza's were struggling for traction in fact i shd have launched at around 4-5K rpm that would have given me a better launch, at 7500 rpm it was too much of power for th tyres to hold, i might go in for slicks at banglore run & i dont trust these desi kits anymore , thinking to get Zex Kit heard they are excellent but before these i ll need to practice for perfect launch,btw, is there any thread on "perfect launch for drag" ?
7500 rpms ??!!! No wonder u were wheelspinning to glory .. Try practising launches at around 3.5k if ur dumping the clutch or try 5-5.5k if ur launching by riding the clutch .. This should certainly improve ur launch timings .. Also the best bet would be to get semi-slicks .. And yes pls do buy a zex or a NOS kit preferably single nozzle as at the most u will be going in for a 50 shot only .. Well there is no hard rule for a perfect launch .. It depends on car to car basis .. So u need to practise atleast a million times each time varying the parameters such as revvs , clutch & accelerator usage etc .. Practise alone makes a man near to perfect .. So get urself a pretty well rubberised road and start the launch practises .. Time each of ur launches like 0-100 each time varying the parameters mentioned earlier .. See what u find the best and strike a balance .. This is what i was thought by someone and it certainly did help me .. Might help u as well ..
Old 28th February 2006, 23:20   #123
BHPian

Any idea why the Bangalore guys boycotted? Im sure they were sorely missed!
Old 28th February 2006, 23:41   #124
BHPian

is anyone else experiencing problems d/l ing the vids from rapid share? it says that the session is invalid or something... really keen to watch those vids, esp the one of the M5
Old 1st March 2006, 02:48   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
i already had stiffened suspension (GTO) and i also reduced tyre pressure to around 25 psi to get max contact path the clutch holds immediately
does sitffening include the fact that you raised the rear ? that improves traction doesnt it ?
Old 1st March 2006, 06:23   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
If only Dilip Roggers was allowed to ride, u guys would have seen a 9 second from a Busa.
Dilip is planning a revenge at the Bangalore speedrun. I hope he creates a record for the next couple years.
Nine seconds fine.
But record for the next couple of years......oh gosh, the bangalore riders are'nt that bad.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 1st March 2006 at 06:25.
Old 1st March 2006, 09:39   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
7500 rpms ??!!! No wonder u were wheelspinning to glory .. Try practising launches at around 3.5k if ur dumping the clutch or try 5-5.5k if ur launching by riding the clutch .. This should certainly improve ur launch timings .. Also the best bet would be to get semi-slicks .. And yes pls do buy a zex or a NOS kit preferably single nozzle as at the most u will be going in for a 50 shot only .. Well there is no hard rule for a perfect launch .. It depends on car to car basis .. So u need to practise atleast a million times each time varying the parameters such as revvs , clutch & accelerator usage etc .. Practise alone makes a man near to perfect .. So get urself a pretty well rubberised road and start the launch practises .. Time each of ur launches like 0-100 each time varying the parameters mentioned earlier .. See what u find the best and strike a balance .. This is what i was thought by someone and it certainly did help me .. Might help u as well ..
Thanks for your input mclaren & yes i may run semi slicks for banglore but not sure at the moment, meantime i will just practice for launch & hope to see you and other tbhp members at banglore.
Old 1st March 2006, 10:11   #129
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
at 7500 rpm it was too much of power for th tyres to hold,
Dude! 7500 rpm is way too much for a proper launch. With stock rubber and numerous tries, my Vtec had the best 0 - 100 timing with a 2700 rpm launch. Timed with the Gtech Pro.

GTO
Old 1st March 2006, 10:23   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Dude! 7500 rpm is way too much for a proper launch. With stock rubber and numerous tries, my Vtec had the best 0 - 100 timing with a 2700 rpm launch. Timed with the Gtech Pro.

GTO
I know i am a bit off topic but,

Hey GTO do you still have that Gtech Pro ? That would be the best thing to check for launch practice.
Old 1st March 2006, 11:58   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
Nine seconds fine.
But record for the next couple of years......oh gosh, the bangalore riders are'nt that bad.
isnt the current record 9.8 by samuel stephenson on a 12r?

dont think 9 is possible man,unless the bike is fully blown.
Old 1st March 2006, 12:39   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LEts see.

Quote:
isnt the current record 9.8 by samuel stephenson on a 12r?

dont think 9 is possible man,unless the bike is fully blown.
William Samuel Stephenson's record is 10.521 in that 12R.
Stock 170bhp litre bikes can do 9 sec timings if & only if , the rider is SKILLED!
Old 1st March 2006, 12:53   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey GTO do you still have that Gtech Pro ? That would be the best thing to check for launch practice.
Sure thing. Lets plan a meet together to test your Honda. Will get it along.

GTO
Old 1st March 2006, 14:10   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Sure thing. Lets plan a meet together to test your Honda. Will get it along.

GTO
uh oh !! i have a very bad feeling about this ....
Old 1st March 2006, 14:37   #135
Senior - BHPian

Madmonkey, Ur RS might also be welcome to this speed testing party
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks