Team-BHP - Official Thread :Mumbai Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!! Time-sheets on Pg 4 & 10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Official Thread :Mumbai Speedrun '06 report, pics, video!! Time-sheets on Pg 4 & 10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/10802-official-thread-mumbai-speedrun-06-report-pics-video-time-sheets-pg-4-amp-10-a.html)

Bring it on,guys.

We're all waiting..

Hmm day one was really really gd ........... day two was sorta disapointing .......... I mean the show on day 2 was all over with price distribution etc etc by 12:15p.m ................. dat was jus 1.5 hrs of race & I travelled for 30mins to watch hardly anythin dat too in the heat of the sun ....... sorry guyz but this is wht I felt........... I adored "DAY 1"

p.s will put up sum pics in the nxt post :p

hi guys..
m from team RSA - pune
we had come der wid 7 bikes..
we won the foll prizes::
111-160 cc category- sagar - stock cbz(yes!!stock!!!)- 3rd place- 18.12 secs
160-250 cc - raunak - comet gt250- 1st place- 16.7 secs
160-250 cc- pranav - p180 classic- 2nd place - 17.1 seconds..(officially the quickest indian produced four stroke of the event)

open wheelie category- bhuwan- p180 classic- 1st place.. the event was for a fastest wheelie accross 200 metres.. not only was he the only one to complete the 200 metres, he dint stop at the 200 metre mark and completed the entire drag strip on one wheel :)
his competition was a chetak(wheelieboy), a dio, a pulsar AND a gsxr1000 05(joes racing).. the r1 was also der but i think it arrived late so he wasnt allowed to pariticipate..

AND THAT WAS OUR FIRST YEAR AT THE SPEED RUN~!!

Sad to hear Wheelieboy lost in the wheelie category. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Sad to hear Wheelieboy lost in the wheelie category. :(

man,,, i m felling so embrassed,,,believe it or not,, in the morning @ 7 i popped the longest wheelie,, that its more than 600,,, i got the practice done,,there i crossed 300 mts flat,,,but in the finals i didnt popped well,,
well its really bad day for me,,,i practiced hard,,but i didnt do as wat i had expected,,

Note from Support Staff :

Using abusive or foul language is strictly prohibited on Team BHP.

@#14#

nice pics brother.....i wish i could hav seen the actioin.....i reached at 12 and was told tht the race was already over:Shockked: .....very disappointed:mad: .....hope to see some more pics frm u guyz....cheerz

i reached late as well.. my friend took a wrong turn n we landed in some village!! lol.. these are the pics after the event... ENJOY! :D

saw the smashed skoda while leaving.. had banged head on into a tata sumo(i think)

ill b posting some vidz frm day1 soon..

all my day1 pics are missin.. my mem card got formatted last nite by mistake .. so i cant posts pics of day1 which i had taken.. sorry guys :(

well dis is my pic- saturdays pic,,well no use in posting pics,,but i thought to share it with u

I can't wait to see the supercharged S2000's run and timings.

My beloved tuner travelled to Mumbai to tune her at the event.

well some pics by XBHPAINS,,,worriesomebear,
i dunno wats wrong,,
but click on this link,,
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?i...22500728wd.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?i...22500302iz.jpg

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?i...22500338ou.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p22500671it.jpg

That Kawasaki green ninja is a definite re-paint.

i have exams going on (board exams) so couldnt ride my own bike.
i had a friend ride it for me,who clocked 15.7 seconds finishing 6th (111-150 2st)

could anyone help me find what timings the top 5 two strokers did in all categories ?

were there any supercars this time to speak off? neither me or my friends made it this year to the speed run.

Brief Report which seems quite a detailed one after putting it down:

Day one was all yawwwn except the runs of arun, babn khan and the third guy who hit the 13 secs on the rd. Have got a video of baban khan s first run in the 350 cc catgory only though.
Baban managed to hit 175 km/h and a time of 13.2 something.
Arun hit 161 km/h like the other 13 secs guy and managed a time of 13.02
The third guy managed a higher 13 second time.

The four stroke races were realised to be races and not just tp runs once we saw the timings coming up for them.

Except for a couple of hondas, (including one from bangalore) and a one or two team game over zens it was this stretched yaaawwwwnn.

Day two started off with some serious punch with the handful of bikes and soulreaper s long, rather really long wheelie, how the hell do you manage that kinda stuff. The long wheelie attempt on the gsxr 1000 was the first time i in person had witnessed a superbike stunt, and by the time our admind could call out to a friend to have a look, the gixxer boy had flown past.

The prominent bikes present were i think 2 R1 S, one gixxer 1000, cbr 250, cbr 400 and an old school fireblade 900 rr.

The nsr 400 took the top position in the 250-200 cc category.

In the 750 cc and above it was mainly ther were only 3 bikes, 2005 gsxr 1000, 2004 R1 and the 900 rr. The R1 hit a time of 10.8 somehting while the gixxer in second place could mange only a 11.somehting in reply.

But in a short while the R1 guy did beter his timing to an impressive 10.6 this time, to . . . hold your breath . . have it smashed by the gixxer boy who managed to do the quarter mile in just 10.4 somehting seconds.

Then we moved to the turboed/NOS category, which i do not have much clue about, but remember a white zen with a black hood done by KS running phenomenally well, i think it had borrowed it powrplant from a baleno if my friends have the right info.
Wasn't this zen the one that hit a 14 SECOND TIME?

In the import scene it was the silent corvette that i think took it all away this time, even from the white mustang of neville poonawala. Another prominent car and a teamhbhp favourite was a black M5 driven by a slight aged man, who hit the 13 sec. mark as well, and in his third run almost hit the barracades as he lost control at the start.
The S2000 i don't remeber much about except that i don't think it was as strong as it was supposed to be after the supercharging. A couple of other old-school cars, another corvette i think(some red car), a really old crx, MR2, and a couple of others completed the category.

Then came the much awaited unrestricted category, where i recall fellow member FORD ROCAM hitting a 14.9 in his honda with a b 16 engine, impressive, but certainly needs to be improvised upon. btw i was glad that you outran the orange honda from the same stable and with the same engine.
The much hyped evo had some problems while it was yet in second gear during the run.
Can't recall anymore stuff . .. but i do have some videos, a handful which i would be posting tommorow.

A real disappointment was the scarce no. of superbikes, thanks to the DRI officials hitting it big yesterday at the pit areas. This decreased the event in terms of size.

Apart from all this, i think the event was manged really well, and though the security arrangements were not the best around, they surely did mange to do a great job. To many people's surprise there were no locals running around the drag strip. The timings display was one of the most significant additions to the evnt, alongwith the use of two ocatavias which played somewhat a role that the safety cars do on track.

By the end of it, Bangalore boycotts, DRI issues, M5 almost running into a barracade, the immense amount of heat, annoying guy on the mike, e.t.c the evnt did make a real nice weekend which ended with a short escapde of extreme power and me with the hummer on the palm beach road, to go with a banged red octavia a little before that, these excited freaks i tell ya ported . . . lol . . .

Ohh yeah a few of us did take off for a quick bite to centre one after the event, to be accompanied by a few sessions of exciting air hockey

Highly off-topic but a big thanks to extreme-power and kooldude for helping me out with the minute problem with my car battery after the event.

manson.