Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2006, 12:15   #31
Team-BHP Support

Ok. Let me try and answer some of Mr. v1p3r's queries in as simple a form as possible.

Quote:
What was the b-Zen doing in the 1600 class? Next the Dolphin with the Esteem engine is going to do 14 secs or less, and there is no way in hell an Esteem can match that in India.
Quote:
Ah, so then why was there a separate Zen 1400 class? And then why hasn't anyone else taken the same route? On the other hand, why is Rtech saying rules evolve, and hindsight is 20:20? Is this some sort of admission that there was a loophole?
I already answered this in post #8. The current regs were blurry on that, so someone played that to his advantage. Thats motorsport for you. It happens at all levels. Take F1 as its the most well known here. When Schumi won a race in the pits, rules were altered. When BAR had a seperate gas tank within a gas tank, rules were altered. When Michelin had a different definition of how the grooves on the tyres are to be measured, the rules were altered.

Why is it that only in India do we like to have a conspiracy behind everything? "Admission that there was a loophole". Geez, grow up guys. Yes, there was a grey area in the regs, just as there will be many more in the future which keen drivers will pick up on. There is no such thing as the perfect set of regulations.

THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY HERE!!! Sorry to disappoint

Quote:
So who is running the rules, MAI or ACI? Next time Pantaloons sponsors Burnout, do they get to create their own classes?
Quote:
I'm sorry for sounding a little antagonistic, but it seems that a very twisted view of the sport is emerging from the controlling body, MAI (or is it ACI?).
Not sure how creating a seperate class for Ezen's is such a big issue? Or is it just that you must argue for the sake of arguing. Ezen class has been around since the inception of the speedrun. A lot of people have gone ahead and plonked in Esteem engines in their zens. To suddenly take away that class would have left those guys out in the cold. However, before you say "why don't you run a Bzen class then as well", let me just say that there is no limit to the number of classification you can make and every organiser has the right to run whichever classifications they deem appropriate.

Its very immature on your part to make comments like the ones you did above an doesn't say much about your understanding of the sport. However, you are pretty much a newbie to the sport, so hopefully you will be willing to understand it from all perspectives and not close your eyes like many others have done.

Quote:
Rtech, 2l8, can you please tell us whose interests you support? Are you a part of the MAI, ACI, FMSCI etc?
Why do I need to answer that question here? Why are you so concerned about that? We are just here discussing things and keeping the sport we all love as the prority, so no need to get into personal details.

Quote:
EDIT: Also have to agree with a lot of incredulous faces that there's pretty much no way an NA Indian Lancer can pull off 15.338 after a 1.179 RT. That means he took only 14.6 or 14.7 for the 400m? I have my doubts.
Everyone had their doubts. Thats why the cars were scrutineered after the event. In front of all the other teams/tuners. it passed. In motorsport, that is the end of the story, like it or not.

And no, the ET did not include the RT.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I repeat:
THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY HERE!!!

You guys are too young to be sitting there and thinking like this. At this rate you will never enjoy the sport and just get more suspicious by the day and end up doubting everyone and everything. I don't know about you, but I can't live like that.

Peace out!
Old 1st March 2006, 12:25   #32
BHPian

Its very simple. If an Indian Lancer with an Evo engine is allowed in the 2000cc class, an Indian Lancer with a FTO engine is allowed in 2000cc class, similar way a zen with a 1600cc engine was allowed in 1400~1600cc class. Both cars have lower cubic capacity Indian engines, but after putting higher cc engines they were alllowed in a higher classs.
Old 1st March 2006, 12:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well where is this thread going to... all that needs to get done is to get the entire racing community into this to review and revert back. I do not know how many teams/individuals who take part are represented on this thread/ forum.

Maybe a better Idea would be for MAI to hold a meeting with the tuners/drivers in each of the cities that represent the motorsport to get their reviews on the rule book if it is so contoversial so that a buy in would not leave any room for errors/misunderstandings.

Fighting on the rules is just going to make it worse, getting an equal commitment from one and all is what will take the motorsport forward. So request one and all to stop flaming up and start finding solutions to problems already faced and those that might crop up.
Old 1st March 2006, 12:46   #34
Team-BHP Support

True Psycho, however on speaking to certain tuners, suggestions like "keep everything free so that its simple" get thrown up! They are basically looking at what is best for them and their business. Not all of them, but the majority I've spoken with.
Old 1st March 2006, 13:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
True Psycho, however on speaking to certain tuners, suggestions like "keep everything free so that its simple" get thrown up! They are basically looking at what is best for them and their business. Not all of them, but the majority I've spoken with.

Yeah Rtech,

But you need to realise that these tuners are the ones who promoted the sport in the first place and also that it is a community and it is for the community to decide what is good for them.

Nothing in life is easy and yes it is an uphill task that needs to be taken then so be it. MAI will have to meet em all in one open forum and close this issue in the spirit of the sport.
Old 1st March 2006, 13:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

I'm sorry to see that a lot of my questions have been unanswered. People have resorted to the "why does it matter" and the "you will never know" and the "you are too young" lines. So I guess I will exit this thread.

2L8: I'm just some guy around. I know no "tuners" or tuners. I just want to be given a chance to race fairly, given that I have very little money, which is why I was on the NOS debate.

Rtech: It's a little arrogant to call my words senseless. If you don't wish to answer my questions, please just say so. I'm not the one who "mouthed off before reading the freakin regs".

Peace everyone. I'm not going to bother you anymore.
Old 1st March 2006, 13:23   #37
BANNED

@v1p3r...May the force be with you... lol!!!!!
Old 1st March 2006, 13:31   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm sorry to see that a lot of my questions have been unanswered.
Strange. I thought I answered all of them. Care to point out which ones I missed?

As far as the senseless part, I was refering to comments like "who runs the sport, ACI or MAI". Sorry to say, that is senseless, even if it did sound arrogant (which it is not). Sadly, your thread was very confrontational, which leads people to reply in a similar manner.

'nuff said. Screw it all and go back to running whatever the heck the tuners think is right.
Old 1st March 2006, 13:56   #39
BANNED

[quote=Rtech Screw it all and go back to running whatever the heck the tuners think is right.[/quote]
Let anarchy reign supreme eh??
Old 1st March 2006, 14:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

NOTE: This post is in GENERAL. No one is pointed out here.

Can all the members think that we all are a single team and should work ONLY in a united manner to solve things out?

U might be tuners, officials,or racers in the outside world.But, here u're all Team-BHPians and that matters.

Here, each one wants justice to themselves. Everyone has forgotten the FUN factor.

Drag racing is not an official sport in India today because there is no proper FIA speced Drag Track in our country. Autocar Speedrun and Burnout are 'events' only. Since they're organising,ACI can choose to keep their own rules. Even I can hold a drag meet and keep my own rules. If people wanna participate, its upto them.

Only if there is a 'Indian National Drag Racing Association' started with members from the community, and a proper FIA drag strip constructed, National Championships can be conducted. Here, the tuners/racers can come-out and tell their woes/differences and get them sorted out with the committee, since its an official National Championship conducted by the Drag Racing Association.

The ACI Speedrun started it all.That doesn't mean they're the Drag Association in India.
Why not we Team-BHP organise a good Drag Race in Mumbai/Bangalore too. That way, we can have two Drag events happening every year.
Good sponsors can make this happen.

From what i've heard, Every weekend , there is drag racing happening in the Drag strips. Every 3 months, there's a major event happening. How about making this happen in India??

Last edited by nitrous : 1st March 2006 at 14:09.
Old 1st March 2006, 15:16   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Since they're organising,ACI can choose to keep their own rules. Even I can hold a drag meet and keep my own rules. If people wanna participate, its upto them.
ROTFLMAO!! Well said! 'Nuff said

GTO
Old 1st March 2006, 17:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Why not we Team-BHP organise a good Drag Race in Mumbai/Bangalore too. That way, we can have two Drag events happening every year.
Good sponsors can make this happen.
I'm in!

(lengthening)
Old 1st March 2006, 17:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
Its very simple. If an Indian Lancer with an Evo engine is allowed in the 2000cc class, an Indian Lancer with a FTO engine is allowed in 2000cc class, similar way a zen with a 1600cc engine was allowed in 1400~1600cc class. Both cars have lower cubic capacity Indian engines, but after putting higher cc engines they were alllowed in a higher classs.
And they didnt allow me to run in 2000cc or above class with a 1.6Ltr Engine
Old 2nd March 2006, 00:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to return to the scene of the crime, so to speak, but...

Z Klasse, you are talking about FTO and Evo engines in Indian class. Was your 1.6 a twin-cam?

Or am I missing something here?
Old 2nd March 2006, 09:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Sorry to return to the scene of the crime, so to speak, but...

Z Klasse, you are talking about FTO and Evo engines in Indian class. Was your 1.6 a twin-cam?

Or am I missing something here?

Viper : Mine was not a twin cam. It was a Baleno Engine, with indian gearbox indian head indian car etc.. Infact they scrutinized the car and gave it a clean chit. on the track i asked them thrice if im in the correct category and they said yes you can race. so .......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks