Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2006, 23:17   #61

well hi guys stuart lima here. like the enthu about my car. well i do believe it as i was at a top speed of 156km/ph at the end of the line. shocking wasnt it? well

rightly said though one of the guys mentioned charging up cars does make u forget ur basic drive (tend to think u will win because u got a fast car) . well its not quite possible right . u needs to actually ask the skoda rs guy who was put up against me in the first run on that day . he was clean 30ft behind me. hard to believe but its true

a good racer once told me a good set of tyres is a key to a win,
trust me it really works.

Last edited by ported_head : 27th April 2006 at 23:43.
Old 28th April 2006, 02:09   #62
Team-BHP Support

Hello and welcome Stuart.lima,

How about telling us exactly how your car had been prepared ?

Quote:
a good racer once told me a good set of tyres is a key to a win,
So what tyres were you running?

A big part of drag racing is the launch, or "hooking up" as they say.

cya
R
Old 28th April 2006, 20:39   #63
Senior - BHPian

Stuart why dont you start with a proper intro like every one else does??? Welcome and have a nice stay here...
Old 28th April 2006, 22:13   #64

hi guys tnx for the warm welcome. this is the first club i have joined over the net. so illiterate with navigation sorry about that.
Old 28th April 2006, 22:52   #65

well guys i was running absolutely stock lancer. i dint even have k&n , irrad plugs, power cables or a exhaust. totally stock . well as u all know the lancer is sluggesh in the first, but it also compromises a lot on other features as well. when i was put aainst the skoda we both had a decent start. i have been winning this event form the first drag in mumbai. i have always won on bikes. i first won on a custom built rd 350 made by me and a friend. then took all the wins from then. on bikes. this was the first time in cars. i used a little exprience from there it worked well for me. when i whooped the skoda i was damm happy, i could not see my timings so i called my friend on his cell and asked him he told u hit 15.29 i dint know what the skoda had done, but he was clean about a 30 ft behind me i was at approx 156kms at the fin line.
the lancer as we know is realy slugges in her innitial. so place my car at the start line keeping it as straight as possiable as to not loose any time swaying all over the track. then held the revs till 5000 rpm got a green and (slipped my foot) of the clutch pedal. dint worry about burn out as i had 15 inch alloys which gave me all the grip i needed and new fresh set of dunlop soft compound rubber. then the part which is the best is the lancer gear leaver short like a joystick and notched great i love this the best in a lancer. focus on pedal change gears fall in to place that was my win in all rounds. its not a dream and nor r we in ferry land . i actually was disapointed with this whole event cause i was actually longing for a win on my bike gsxr750 1986 wanted to see how she would do against new butterflies on track
Old 28th April 2006, 23:02   #66
Team-BHP Support

lima is yours a drag prepped gixxer, i think i ve seen it once, parked though.

and about your car being stock, didn't z klasse mention he was running a swapped engine?

manson.

Last edited by manson : 28th April 2006 at 23:03.
Old 28th April 2006, 23:23   #67

where did u see th gixxer manson well dint get it about klasse mentioning about swapping engines
Old 28th April 2006, 23:53   #68

speed run 2006 mumbai

[quote=stuart.lima]well guys i was running absolutely stock lancer. i dint even have k&n filter , irridum plugs, power cables or a freeflow exhaust. totally stock . well as u all know the lancer is sluggesh , but it also compromises a lot on other features as well. when i was put aginst the skoda we both had a decent start but a point was proved. i have been winning this event form the first drag in mumbai. i have always won on bikes. i first won on a custom built rd 350 made by a friend and me. then took all the wins from then, on bikes. this was the first win in cars. i used a little exprience from there it worked well for me. when i whooped the skoda i was damm happy, i could not see my timings so i called my friend on his cell and asked him what my timings were, he told me i clocked 15.29 in the first run. i dont know what the skoda had clocked, but he was clean about a 30 ft behind me i was at approx 156kms at the fin line.
the lancer as we know is realy slugges in her innitial. so place my car at the start line keeping it as straight as possiable as to not loose any time swaying all over the track. then held the revs till 5000 rpm got a green and (slipped my foot) of the clutch pedal, in no time i was getting into red line so my second gear shift came in fast, and right in the powerband without wasting any time at red lines my shifts were perfect (so i missed the sluggesh effect) . dint worry about burn out as i had 15 inch alloys which gave me all the grip i needed and new fresh set of dunlop soft compound rubber. then the part which is the best is the lancer gear leaver short like a joystick and notched great i love this the best in a lancer. focus on pedal change gears fall in to place that was my win in all rounds. its not a dream and nor r we in ferry land . well a lot of people often forget the main driving basics when they ether get over confident of their cars or either they r too nervous. the launch is very important yes reaction time plays alot of importance, but i dint have a very bad reaction time and i made up for that in my run . i actually was disapointed with this whole event cause i was actually longing for a win on my bike gsxr750 1986 wanted to see how she would do against new butterflies on track. the i really wanted to win that segment of 600 to 750 class.

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2006 at 10:43.
Old 28th April 2006, 23:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
lima is yours a drag prepped gixxer, i think i ve seen it once, parked though.

and about your car being stock, didn't z klasse mention he was running a swapped engine?

manson.
The engine which was swapped was another black lancer of my friends which clocked 14.xx seconds. Not this one. It is difficult to believe a stock lancer can do 15.2xx seconds. There has to be something wrong. A stock vtec doesnt clock that much so there has to be something wrong with the timings. Those who know about the lancer and have driven it will know what it can clock. But definately not 15.xx seconds. Not even close.
Old 29th April 2006, 00:01   #70

every thing is wrong victory cannot be appriciated if its not evo parts running under the hood then its somethin wrong with the timing right well next it will be the skoda ran the race at 40kmph lol
Old 29th April 2006, 00:10   #71

it would also depend who is driving the v tec. could never know the v tec could go a lot faster. given in good hands.
Old 29th April 2006, 00:24   #72
BHPian

buddy i think you are taking it the wrong way.maybe ur 1.5 engine is fast.. its not modified. but you tell me is it possible for a stock lancer to go faster than say a vtec which is quicker, lighter or say a esteem engine zen which is almost half the weight and quicker than the mitsubishi G15. Try racing it with one of the cars you will probably know what im trying to say. Victory is always appreciated but my point was not about the victory, it was about the timings for your car. Maybe ur car is a 15 second car. Its just that I do not agree it is faster than a vtec or an esteem engined zen. U do the math. Race with a stock vtec and probably ull understand my point! I hope no offence taken. Your win has nothing to do with me but just giving my opinion thats all
Old 29th April 2006, 13:31   #73

hi klasse opinion accepted. but u miss the point if u even look at the banglore zens i they r pulling a quater in 13secs without turbos. do u think they should be slower like 15 secs and i should do a quater in 17secs. open ur mind think positive. it is possiable cause i know. been there dun that
Old 29th April 2006, 13:33   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart.lima
hi klasse opinion accepted. but u miss the point if u even look at the banglore zens i they r pulling a quater in 13secs without turbos. do u think they should be slower like 15 secs and i should do a quater in 17secs. open ur mind think positive. it is possiable cause i know. been there dun that

Mr lima.. I have also been there done that. Since over 5 years now.. probably not at speed runs but i know about drag racing.. Bangalore zens pull 13 seconds without counting the reaction timing. If you think ur lancer is faster than a stock vtec or a esteem engined zen then im glad for you!
Old 29th April 2006, 16:58   #75
BANNED

OT.. Guys take this to the PM's PLEASE.. the run is OVER.. deal with the timings..
[SIZE=2]Mods.. I suggest a close on this thread.. IMO naturally.[/SIZE]
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks