Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 11:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charitable Drive : The 2012 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 5th February

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Haven't read the document or the rules or the thread, but I'm in. I hope I can register & do the required stuff this weekend! (i.e. If there is something to be signed & sent) Gotta scoot now!

Also can non-tbhpians join in?

OT : Thanks @moralfibre! Might have missed this otherwise.

Of course they can ! This isn't a teambhp event
Its organized by the NAB and it just so happens that a lot of bhpians had participated last year.
Some of them like Aditya, Dippy have been participating in it since its inaugural year in 2007/08 IIRC.

@ ALL
Please try your level best to participate , it is an entirely different feeling.
Am sure you will all leave NAB as very happy and satisfied individuals post the event, irrespective of what position you finish in.
You will also be surprised at how efficient the navigators are reading it all out in braille at just about the right time provided your speeds are controlled.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 11th January 2012 at 11:48.
Old 12th January 2012, 07:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Charitable Drive : The 2012 Blind Man Car Rally (Mumbai). On Sunday, 5th February

Updating the thread with the confirmations as of now. Requesting others to add on to the list.

Confirmed:
1. amitwlele - Vista
2. honeybee - Santro
3. ACM - Aria
4. kthacker
5. moralfibre - Swift
6. ninjatalli - Vento

Tentative:
1. PlatzdaTurbo
2. Aditya
Old 13th January 2012, 11:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

No additions to the list. I am assuming the earlier participants are not updating this thread and have already sent in their forms

Come on guys was hoping it would be a big Team BHP meet at the rally.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:28   #19
BHPian

Missed this event last year. If I am available on sunday, I'd definitely want to join in. Can confirm that in a few days

But I definitely cant come on Saturday. Is it possible to have a respectable run on Sunday without attending the Saturday session?
Old 13th January 2012, 15:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

You could always tag along (while making sure you don't interfere with the actual participants), but then it isn't the same as actually participating!
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 16:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Missed this event last year. If I am available on sunday, I'd definitely want to join in. Can confirm that in a few days

But I definitely cant come on Saturday. Is it possible to have a respectable run on Sunday without attending the Saturday session?
Saturday is the day when the visually impaired navigator pairing with the driver is done. So coming directly on Sunday would not help unless you want to accompany someone else in their car without being the driver.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 16:10   #22
BHPian

Alright! It seems I might missout driving on this year's event as well. Thanks anyways!
Old 14th January 2012, 14:00   #23
BHPian

Adding to the list! This will be my fourth time participating. Hoping for a better result this time, i.e. qualifying for a ranking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Updating the thread with the confirmations as of now. Requesting others to add on to the list.

Confirmed:
1. amitwlele - Vista
2. honeybee - Santro
3. ACM - Aria
4. kthacker
5. moralfibre - Swift
6. ninjatalli - Vento
7. Macfreak7

Tentative:
1. PlatzdaTurbo
2. Aditya
Macfreak7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 11:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Forms filled and couriered. Got the confirmation from Vishal. So i am in. Excited to be part of it for the second time.

I guess other confimed participants have also sent in the forms by now.
Old 27th January 2012, 09:55   #25
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

i would love to join this great cause. am sure would be the first EON to participate as well

what is the distance of the overall drive?
Also i want to know about the pairing part on saturday. do we need to be there to meet the navigator along with the car, is there any test drive with the navigator?
when is the last date for registration?

Since i am relatively new driver, i would look forward to support from another friend of mine, would confim on this over the week end.
But the whole event sounds very exiting. Charity being at the fore, I am also looking forward to meet BHPians.
i have been associated with NAB earlier for their other events, so this drive is going to be another good experience.
Will keep updating.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:02   #26
PhX
BHPian

I will most probably not be in town that weekend. Also not sure if I would have taken delivery of my car until then, but I think this is a very good cause, and I look forward to participating in the subsequent editions.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

I'm in.

Sorry, can't come for the Dummy run on thr 4th coz ll be in delhi. Coming back on 4th evening but ill be thr on the 5th for the rally. Will fill the form and send the cheque asap. Will also speak to other BHP-ians and non members also, whom I am in touch with and try to get them to participate.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:31   #28
Team-BHP Support

I had confirmed initially but due to unforeseen circumstances, I'll have to opt out this year. :(

Have fun you guys.
Old 27th January 2012, 11:00   #29

I'm in. Will be there in my Honda City.
Old 27th January 2012, 11:07   #30
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Response in bold inline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahen_narang View Post
Hello BHPians,

i would love to join this great cause. am sure would be the first EON to participate as well

what is the distance of the overall drive?
Approx 50 kms over 2-3 hrs.
Also i want to know about the pairing part on saturday. do we need to be there to meet the navigator along with the car, is there any test drive with the navigator?
Yes, to meet navigator and to go for a 2 kms test drive and get mobile no etc of navigator so that there is no absence (trouble locating pairs) on sunday.
when is the last date for registration?
1st Feb.

Since i am relatively new driver, i would look forward to support from another friend of mine, Sure great. would confim on this over the week end.
But the whole event sounds very exiting. Charity being at the fore, I am also looking forward to meet BHPians.
i have been associated with NAB earlier for their other events, so this drive is going to be another good experience.
Will keep updating.
Looking forward to seeing you there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks