Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 23:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra
Hi Guys,

Any info on Riding gear requirements??

I am actually thinking of taking my bike to the track!!
Last I heard was that you need to have your own functional kit, after all you are signing the indemnity. It's always best to get max kit out there. You will also need clear tape and such to cover the glass on headlight, indicators and tail lamp. I recommend talking to the organizers and they will send you precise instructions.

All the best!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 11:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!

Just got off the phone with BIC, the 20 Min slot is confirmed, You would be allowed 20 Mins only in one session, Three sessions in this day for cars, so technically it makes sense to book all three, 20 Mins is hardly 6-7 Laps, by the time you figure out everything it would be over.

Bikes unfortunately have only one sessions means 20 Mins only, They need to wrap up 120 Participants in a day. Should be fun.

Who all going from here ??
Old 13th April 2012, 17:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
that would be a very stupid thing to do. Apart from the straights, for non competitive drivers, speed is entirely about experience and skill level, not about horsepower and engine size.

I've seen newbies in 600hp corvettes and 120hp civics lap in the same time. and I've seen instructors in 116hp miatas hounding expert level drivers in 600hp corvettes through the curves, only to be smoked on the straights.

The grouping of track day drivers ought to be based on experience level, that approximately correlates to your speed and your ability to deal with other drivers.
How do you propose they do this when its the first time for all the drivers present?

Last edited by Hatari : 13th April 2012 at 17:08.
Old 13th April 2012, 17:41   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Just got off the phone with BIC, the 20 Min slot is confirmed, You would be allowed 20 Mins only in one session, Three sessions in this day for cars, so technically it makes sense to book all three, 20 Mins is hardly 6-7 Laps, by the time you figure out everything it would be over.

Bikes unfortunately have only one sessions means 20 Mins only, They need to wrap up 120 Participants in a day. Should be fun.

Who all going from here ??
8500 bucks for 20 mins!! Doesn't seem worth it.

During the F1 race in India last October, I met a fellow marshal from Abu Dabhi. He told me that it costs about INR 10000 for a drive in an Audi R8 around that circuit.

I think I will save and make a trip there and get a holiday out of it.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 17:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
How do you propose they do this when its the first time for all the drivers present?
Since everybody will be slow and dangerous through the corners, all they have to do is make a no passing rule except on straights, and no passing on straights unless the driver ahead gives you a clear signal to pass and moves over to the designated direction so the passing car can pass on the designated passing side. Each passing car must be signaled to pass individually. Ie if a slow car has 3 faster cars behind, the slow driver must give the signal to car 1, wait till it passes, then signal to pass 2, then wait for that and signal to car 3, and so on.
Old 13th April 2012, 17:56   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
8500 bucks for 20 mins!! Doesn't seem worth it.

During the F1 race in India last October, I met a fellow marshal from Abu Dabhi. He told me that it costs about INR 10000 for a drive in an Audi R8 around that circuit.

I think I will save and make a trip there and get a holiday out of it.
I agree,at least for normal A\B\C segment stock cars,it aint worth it.
20 mins mean-by the time you get a hang of the track,game will be over.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The grouping of track day drivers ought to be based on experience level, that approximately correlates to your speed and your ability to deal with other drivers.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:32   #38
BHPian

if all the drivers are first time, then all the groups would have the same experience level and no segregation is necessary as long as you implement the passing rules I mentioned above.

Newbie groups on track days can have 500hp sports cars and 120hp hatchbacks. They get grouped together. There is no need to group them separately. Just make sure you have the passing rules understood and implemented
Old 13th April 2012, 18:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since everybody will be slow and dangerous through the corners, all they have to do is make a no passing rule except on straights, and no passing on straights unless the driver ahead gives you a clear signal to pass and moves over to the designated direction so the passing car can pass on the designated passing side. Each passing car must be signaled to pass individually. Ie if a slow car has 3 faster cars behind, the slow driver must give the signal to car 1, wait till it passes, then signal to pass 2, then wait for that and signal to car 3, and so on.
Brilliant!!!

Drivers being lapped in F1 have not managed to do this and you think our fellow Delhites with petrol in their veins will ?
You have made my weekend chief.
Old 13th April 2012, 18:37   #40
BHPian

Laugh all you want, but these are standard international track day rules for newbie drivers.

I'll be highly surprised if they allow complete newbies to be pulling overtaking maneuvers on the track anywhere except on the straights, or on the straights without the clear signalling I have given.
Old 15th April 2012, 14:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Had registered with them a few days ago. Got the pricing info here -

Car: Attending 1 session 7599. Attending 3 sessions 18749. Amount includes all taxes.

Money needs to be transferred to an account which they have sent in the email. They will send more details after that. Again, they don't mention how long one session will last.
Old 15th April 2012, 16:59   #42
BHPian

they say 20 minutes each
Old 17th April 2012, 01:28   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
JPSI has started taking applications for this event. 1st track day is on 22nd April.

Jaypee Sports - 2012 Airtel Indian Grand Prix Ticket Launch

20 min slot? Do you have a source for this information? 20 mins seems quite less. That would translate to roughly 4-5 laps at best.
I was sent an email by BIC upon inquiry. Hence the source is totally genuine.
Old 18th April 2012, 11:58   #44
BHPian

I registered for one session at the BIC and spoke to the organizers a couple of times. There are three 20 min slots for each session with a 3 sessions in all for cars making it 9 sessions in all. I believe the information is also available on the website now.
Being a newbie at this, i am really looking forward to track day... and hoping to catch up with some F1 fans as well!
Old 19th April 2012, 22:23   #45
BANNED

I am coming guys!! See you there. Gonna be fun. Lets compile a list of name and car reg no to identify?

Last edited by taranonline : 19th April 2012 at 22:30.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks