Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: 3rd J&K Bank Mughal Rally. EDIT : Passiontodrive suffers fatal accident

Just came to know from ace-navigator Sujith Kumar that the co-driver, Ashish Mahajan, also passed away! Rest in peace..
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:19   #17
BHPian

re: 3rd J&K Bank Mughal Rally. EDIT : Passiontodrive suffers fatal accident

The Tragedy just got worse with the passing away of Ashish Mahajan the Navigator to Jeetu.
RIP to both the souls. May God give strength to families of both in this tragic hour.
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:04   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 3rd J&K Bank Mughal Rally. EDIT : Passiontodrive suffers fatal accident

Deeply saddened to hear about the death of Passiontodrive & his navigator. May their souls rest in peace...God give their family the strength to see through these tough times.

An incredibly positive & enthusiastic personality. This is from his registration note:

Quote:
I like the way you mentioned, "We are incredibly committed to maintaining the quality of this community." such a wonderful effort.
Quote:
he suggested me Team-BHP because I am planning to take part in Rail De Himalaya and I found information regarding rally and cars on this site was wonderful, great, awesome and beyond my imaginations. Thanks Team-BHP.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:09   #19
BHPian

Met Jatinder in 2010 Raid de Himalaya and then now at Srinagar, were at the same hotel 28th night. Met Ashish also for the first time was a jolly good person. He was very happy and excited for participating in Mughal rally. May their souls RIP.
Old 4th July 2012, 10:31   #20
BHPian

I just read this news today on newspapr today and was sure that they would be on team-bhp. Just logged into team-bhp to find this thread. Infact I remember reading this thread started by passiontodrive.

Team-bhp has become my second family, and such news really hit your heart very hard. My prayers with you, passiontodrive, and your friend , and may Godbless your family with the courage and strength to tide through this eventuality.

A fellow Team-BHPian

Last edited by jmvivek : 4th July 2012 at 10:32.
jmvivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 10:33   #21
BHPian

Heard that the navigator passed away last night as well. This is so tragic
Old 4th July 2012, 11:07   #22
BHPian

May their souls RIP. I just returned from Srinagar, can't take this out of my mind. Just an hour before the tragedy they crossed my time control, we shared smiles and my wife asked them to "drive safe and stay safe", this is a phrase we share with every vehicle stopping our Time Control.

They fell down 450 feet in a gorge 2 KMs before Sinthan. Rescue by HMA and Army was very crisp, I was present when they were retrieved both of them forming a human chain from the gorge.

There is no way they could have made alive in spite of roll cage, seat belts and helmets. The fall was approximately 450 feet which is equivalent to height of a 40 story building! The temperature was 9 degrees, that along with jungle bees made it worse.

Ashish was promptly taken in a modernly equipped ambulance and Jatinder was found soon afterwards.

We are still very shocked. I pray to God for their peace and our condolence to the families. Indeed very sad.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 4th July 2012 at 11:21.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 11:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I never met them but I can feel their passion. I came to know yesterday evening that Ashish also passed away. May they RIP. May God give the families, the strength to bear this irrepairable loss!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 4th July 2012, 11:38   #24
BHPian

Jatinder was like a younger brother to me and i had not seen anyone so committed towards driving and motorsports. Made his gypsy in 2010 and was in constant touch with him while he moved from Punjab to Bangalore. He also navigated me in Sjoba. Since the time the Mughal rally was announced he was in constant touch with me to service his gypsy when he reached Srinagar. We as a group of 6 gypsy's stayed together in the same hotel.
I still cant belive that Jitu and Ashish who were sitting with me since last 3 days before the start of the rally is not with us anymore.
Jitu and Ashish you will be remembered always and May God give strength to your family.
RIP MY FRIEND.....
Old 4th July 2012, 12:29   #25
BHPian

I met Jatinder at the last KMSC event through this thread. He had wanted to do well in Mughal (along with Ashish they were first among 'un-equipped' competitors in the last Mughal - which is quite impressive) this year in the hope of attracting sponsors. We talked a lot on the phone, met 3-4 times in Bangalore discussing TSD strategies. He was very enthusiastic and a quick learner and competitive. I wanted him to do well. It is always nice to see privateers go all the way in car preparation/equipment readiness to try and do well in a big rally. We also spent a lot of time together during the rally - during scrutiny, briefing, after Leg 1 etc. - going over TSD stuff. It is very very unfortunate that they had to go the way they did.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Deeply shaken and saddened by the news. May they rest in peace and may God give their families the strength to bear this tragic loss. Was speaking the Sanjay Takale from Pune and the way he described it was spine chilling.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:14   #27
Team-BHP Support

Do not have words to share the feeling. May the souls of Jatinder and Ashish rest in peace.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:27   #28
BHPian

Have no words to say. May God give strength to their families and peace to their souls.

My prayers with them.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

That's really sad.

My sincere condolence to the deceased's family.

RIP mate. You both will be always remembered.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:03   #30
BHPian

I met Jatinder during RDH, he was a very nice guy.

May God give the strength to both the family in this tough times. RIP Jatinder Shukla & Ashish Mahajan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks