Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2006, 11:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Psycho, Vasu, Ford_Rocam, Wolf and McLaren/V1p3r combo!
Good to see all your hard work bearing fruit, eh?
Too bad for me i missed the celebrations last night...
well... there is always the next speedrun!
Keep up the good work!

Nice report, Jay... btw, my car does 130 in 3rd.... i wasnt pushing it too hard that day

Amitoj
Old 24th April 2006, 11:47   #47
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
Nice report, Jay... btw, my car does 130 in 3rd.... i wasnt pushing it too hard that day
Amitoj
hey thanks Amitoj, i knew you were'nt pushing hard as thats what myself and prithvi were talking about... i'm damn sure it would have gone more, but then that itself was a unique experience for us... thanks for the nice drive.... looking forward for another one, but this time a longer one

hey yeah the pics that i have put up, that was the V-Tec that i told you about....

Last edited by Jay : 24th April 2006 at 11:48.
Old 24th April 2006, 11:49   #48
Joz
BHPian

Couldn't make it to Jakkur yesterday. Three cheers to Rocam, Wolf, Psycho-Vasu and Mclaren-V1p3r. Good going guys. And sorry that i couldn't make it to the party in the evening.

V1p3r, how was your run with the twin cam zen?

Waiting for the full list of timings now.
Old 24th April 2006, 12:08   #49
BHPian

I thoroughly enjoyed both the days at the SpeedRun and what more can I ask for. All three teams that I am part of came out with flying colors ie.,

Bikes - Team Motokraft - 2 first places, 1 second place and 4th in Indian Open(RX135 against RD350s).

Cars - Team Powerwheels (Raj's Team) - almost all the cars won places in their respective categories.

Team-Bhp

1) Congratulations Wolf, Psycho & Vasu and Ford_Rocam
2) McLaren/V1p3r combo, your car was doing pretty good timings. I am sure your could have done better if you had time to test\practise.
3) Wheelieboy, I have never seen anybody else do such a wheelie on a Bajaj.... I really appreciate that.
4) Cincla, I really liked the raw power on your dolly(I hope dolly is the black dolphin with the intercooler mounted on the front bumper) , it was really difficult to control all that power.
5) Nitrous, nice meeting you there, appreciate your spirit in driving in from Chennai to attend the Speedrun.

I would have met a lot of other Team-bhpians but for my enviable location, I was sitting along with the photographers 75 meters from the start beside the track with a huge umbrella .

How come no body mentioned the Tsunami of sorts that happened on Day one ..... there was a huge wind and the timing\top speed display fell off on autocar's scorpio and got damaged so the rest of the event went on without the display.... To my surprise the scorpio did not get too damaged.
Old 24th April 2006, 12:12   #50
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$#
How come no body mentioned the Tsunami of sorts that happened on Day one ..... there was a huge wind and the timing\top speed display fell off on autocar's scorpio and got damaged so the rest of the event went on without the display.... To my surprise the scorpio did not get too damaged.
hey Santhosh thats when myself and amitoj were leaving the venue... we saw a lot of people rushing to see what happened... but later is when we came to know what exactly happened... missed recording it...
Old 24th April 2006, 12:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
V1p3r, how was your run with the twin cam zen?
None too good. Managed 16.3 or so. Had a horrid reaction time of 0.8...the owner of the car, Anoop, managed 16.000...he wanted to line up against the Supra in the Foreign open class, but they didn't allow it. WTF?!

I suspect we were doing better timings in testing, but unfortunately that wasn't the case on the run. It was to be leading my opponent all the way until the 3rd gear, when he hit his nitrous shot bigtime, and inched forwards. Nitrous DOES make a big difference, especially when you don't have it!!!

Positives from this edition of the event: Very well organised, not too many crowd problems. And trust me, it makes a HUGE difference to the event. I met Hormazd and told him as much.

Negatives: As usual, punctuality was not a priority. The knockout class was scrapped. Timings and classification for the prostock 1450-1650 class was not announced. Timing lists were not put up. I thought I read in the regs that gloves were optional, but evidently they weren't. I was threatend with DQ by an organiser. And burnouts are not allowed in the staging area, or DQ again. Where do we do our burnouts, in the sand?!

Also, it was rather disconcerting to see some guys in FRK t-shirts roaming around the staging area taking snaps of their team cars. They had a free run, no ID or organiser jackets, nothing...

But on the whole, it was a very good event. The organisation was a lot better, and more professional. Like Hormazd said, it's going to keep getting better...
Old 24th April 2006, 12:54   #52
BHPian

This is what I reported for my newspaper. The top three winning timings are there.
And yes, that Zen which almost beat the Supra was awesome. The meet was fun.

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...0412006423.asp
Old 24th April 2006, 13:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

TOI carried a small report about the drag race held in Palace Grounds!

Good to see a TBHPian reporting motorsport news. Atleast we get the right news now!
Old 24th April 2006, 13:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Very well organised, not too many crowd problems. And trust me, it makes a HUGE difference to the event.
I agree there were no crowd problems to the drag, but I wish they had utilised both sides of the track as many people did not get a place to stand let alone a good view. Lot of auto-enthusiasts went back home disappointed as they did not get to see the event.

What they need to do better is control the side-actors who perform stunts causing problems for the crowd. From what I heard, there were a few accidents and also a Maruti 800 doing donuts got toppled and got back on its wheels. What low-lifes they must be? They come to the Drag and perform stunts trying to impress the crowd not knowing what a nuisance they are.
Old 24th April 2006, 14:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

was at the speed run on sunday....jitu did a amazing job with his honda as expected...the torque steer on the dolphin was spectacular...so were the wheelies by wheeliboy and the sbks.
Old 24th April 2006, 14:45   #56
BHPian

A very well organised event.Congrats to all from Tbhp who won/placed in their respective classes.
Was disappointed not to see any skylines....
What ever happened to the indian open car results....?

The 11 sec vtec wasnt that fast anyway....but atleast he made it to the drag....unlike india's fastest car the silver supra.

As for us ...will sort out traction issues and look forward to the next event....
Old 24th April 2006, 14:51   #57
BHPian

[quote=S@~+#0$#]
I would have met a lot of other Team-bhpians but for my enviable location, I was sitting along with the photographers 75 meters from the start beside the track with a huge umbrella .

so it was you bro you must have had a good view from there cool!!

wel the worst part of the speed run was that witch comentating she sounded like sh**!
and only one side of the strip was used which was very uncomfortable.

but the show steeler for me was the old model accord it looked cool and sounded like a bomb and the gixxer with extended swingarm
Old 24th April 2006, 15:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
wel the worst part of the speed run was that witch comentating she sounded like sh**!
I agree with you Chetan, the MC was really irritating, I think she couldn't even spell "motorsport". As soon as the drivers took the start, she would announce, "Number xx, your reaction time is xx.xx" as though they were listening instead of concentrating on the race. She once even said, that she was sure that these cars would make it into Formula 1 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
the gixxer with extended swingarm
The yellow bike looked really cool..... that explains his low reaction times.

Another thing guys, Narain was supposed to be the chief-guest for the Speedrun.... makes me think if he was in India at all especially with F1 happening yesterday. What do you think guys, was it a publicity gimmick by BP?
Old 24th April 2006, 15:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Short post......
First time im going for speedrun and i've gotta say that it was really well organised!!Hats off to autocar and bpcl etc.Congrats to all the t-bhpians that won but i was really suprised to see no t-bhp stickers on any of the cars?????why??.Anyway spoke to Raj after the races had got over and spoke to him for about 5 mins after wolfie.....found out what jigaa!!!! means...yaay....got to go
chao

ps-would request all you guys to zip the pics and upload all the pics as one...thnxs..
Old 24th April 2006, 15:31   #60
Joz
BHPian

[quote=S@~+#0$#]I agree with you Chetan, the MC was really irritating, I think she couldn't even spell "motorsport". As soon as the drivers took the start, she would announce, "Number xx, your reaction time is xx.xx" as though they were listening instead of concentrating on the race. She once even said, that she was sure that these cars would make it into Formula 1 .

quote]

Absolutely. She had no clue what she was doing. On Saturday, right after the RD class, she says 'now comes the best of it all'. And what do we see.. Bullets!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks