Old 24th April 2006, 15:32   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
jigaa !!! looks like RAC cars...
nope not RAC.....
Old 24th April 2006, 15:34   #62
BHPian

missed out the speedrun on saturday as i had to go to office for a meeting and missed outon sunday as i was down with a fever and a bad cold..

congrats to all the winners....

wolf....good job mate....
Old 24th April 2006, 16:28   #63
bhp
BHPian

congrats ford_rocam,wolf,physco,mclaren,wheelieboy etc (sorry if i missed someone) ....werent there any ks motorsport cars frm bbay and how did the game over zens do ? how about some more pics of the event guyss
Old 24th April 2006, 16:33   #64
BHPian

Hey Guys,

was there any category where NHC Vtecs, Balenos, Fiestas competed??? if yes what happened
Old 24th April 2006, 17:08   #65
BHPian

Another thing guys, Narain was supposed to be the chief-guest for the Speedrun.... makes me think if he was in India at all especially with F1 happening yesterday. What do you think guys, was it a publicity gimmick by BP?[/quote]

must be who knows may be this was a publicity gimmick

for me the speedrun was ok the best speedrun was 2003
Old 24th April 2006, 18:43   #66
BHPian

santhosh bro is that you sitting next to the subaru when and where was this?
Old 24th April 2006, 19:22   #67
BHPian

thnx guys,,, for appreciating y wheelie,,
well congrats fordrocam,,and all winners of team-bhp,,
Old 24th April 2006, 21:16   #68
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Psycho, FordRocam and all other BHP-ians who participated.
Old 24th April 2006, 21:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well it was one hell of a run today ..

To start with the supra clocked a 12.37 and bagged the 1st place .. Raj's zen esteem clocked a 13.1 sec ET .. Thats 0.8 secs off the supra ... Shabbir in his zen honda beat a porsche 944 .. Syed set the indian superbike record with a timing of 10.117 on the zx 12r ..

Jitu clocked a 14.3 and won 2nd place in the foreign open .. Psycho's esteem won 1st place in the 1300 FI class .. Wolf must have won 2nd or 3rd place in the 1600 pro stock class , but the results of this class werent announced ..

Well all in all it was a brilliant outing , we are having a champagne filled party tonight celebrating jitu's and psycho's win .. A more detailed report coming soon ..
can u elaborate little bit more on the on raj's esteem zen and the honda zen
Old 24th April 2006, 22:31   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
jigaa !!! looks like RAC cars... just heard jigaa means f*** o** in thai ( not sure though )...

Leela got beaten by a Bangy V-Tec, thats nice to hear.... atleast showed him not to mess with the bangy cars... pics of this car i'll put up later.

a B-Zen ( hope i'm not wrong )... lost to a supra ( white.... FRK ??? ) by 0.3 secs ???... you should hear the zen revving, music to the ear, the engine bay was shaking... pics i'll put later.

a more detailed report with pics to come later coz i have to go out now...
"JIGAA" !! those were not RAC cars..
Old 24th April 2006, 22:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Thankyou all for all the appreciations...

A brief: There was some issue with a participant getting disqualified in the Indian cars prostock 1401-1650cc class hence the results werent announced and unfortunately not mentioned in the newspaper too...!

But after a brief meeting and protest formalities the results were:
1st place : Nisar (16.49secs)ET,
2nd place: Ritesh(thats me...yeah Wolf!) (16.53secs)ET and
3rd place: Ratan(16.68)ET.

With 17 participants in my class, placing 2nd (with a atrocious Reaction Time of 0.8secs) I think is good and Im happy pretty about it. My car had the fastest ET among all the cars inclusive of the one which placed 1st...so guess its time for me to get better tyres(ran with 3yr old, bald bridgestones!!! (couldnt find 195/60/R13s, thats why) and practice few launches to grab that 1st elusive place

It was a great event but the climate screwdup the tuning with lot of them including me. Had to run a different ECU all together before the run as my tuned ECU wasnt working fine as it had all the readings of colder evening temperature of the previous day!!! The last moment ECU swap made me slower by atleast 0.3secs(as against previous day's manual test time of 16.24) as there was no time for further tuning but all that ends fine is fine!

I congratulate Psycho/Vasu and FordRocam for their wins...I think both were great cars...

Details if unknown:
My Car: 2001 model Honda Vtec
Tuners: RAC/Race Dynamics
Timing: 16.53secs ET
Place: 2nd in Indian cars prostock 1401-1650cc

My special thanks to Sanjay(RAC, My tuner) for his indegenous ideas and
Karthik(Race Dynamics, My ECU tuner) for his precious time,
Shan2nu, Adit1329, Grey, ssjr0498, Redrage, EtremeNOS and all the Xbhpians and Tbhpians who have been immense support and help.

P.S: Photos will follow soon...
Godfather: I dont think I need a supra to break 16.5secs barrier as I was just 0.03secs away!!!

Last edited by The Wolf : 24th April 2006 at 22:45.
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2006, 23:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Had a call from McLaren in the morning telling me that I better hurry up if I wanted to catch the start attractions.. ended up being a little late due to some idiotic friends !!

The scene there was a little differant than expected, we stood around for a while and caught some of the cars (baleno,supra, zen, black vtec,) but then the fact that only one side of the track was open to spectators was a major deterrant (some of my friends girlfriends had come along, and it was not very comfortable for them)... so the entire group just moved towards our vehicles and chilled there, getting updates from time to time. Did go to check out some of the SBK and then left (after the temprory taffic jam at the exit !!!)

Nice results for a lot of our T-Bhp brethern at the Speedrun,

Congrats PSYCHO/VASU !!!!!
Also a big shout out to all the participants, other winners & T-BHP members connected with the event.

Unfortunately I wasnt able to catch up with anybody at the event itself... and also missed out on a lot of the action. Anyway all in all was a nice event as some of our members came through with flying colours!!!

Last edited by s0uljah : 24th April 2006 at 23:18.
Old 25th April 2006, 06:03   #73
BHPian

hey im very disappointed over the review's posted here...all the moderator's please could we have some more detail's..how come the regular's didn't turn up..the madan's,ranjit in the silver supra,what about the game over zen's and ks motorsport car's..from what i had heard last there were quite a few bombay entries..even if they didn't make it to the winning post..the least we could expect is a way more detailed report about the whole with any more timings if possible..thanks..cheers...happy revvin...!!
Old 25th April 2006, 07:57   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
hey im very disappointed over the review's posted here...all the moderator's please could we have some more detail's..
I think the members are doing a fine job. I am not sure why you are expecting moderators to post more details, to my knowledge not a single moderator was present at the speedrun. Therefore, it is best to hear from the people who were there.

Congratulations to all the winners, Psycho/Vasu, Ford Rocam & Wolf. Did Wheelieboy win anything, it is not very clear. Mclaren/v1p3r well tried.
Old 25th April 2006, 08:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan
santhosh bro is that you sitting next to the subaru when and where was this?
Yes chetan, that is me. This was at the Melbourne Motor show 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragger
how come the regular's didn't turn up..ranjit in the silver supra
Ranjit has sold his silver supra and bought a silver Porsche 911. This is his new car.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 25th April 2006 at 08:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks