Team-BHP - Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/126169-red-bull-soapbox-street-race-2012-edit-bhpian-r-p-ms-team-records-fastest-time.html)

This will be the first ever Red Bull Soapbox Race in India.

In short: Teams build non-powered go-karts that will race down a hill in Mumbai. Points are awarded based on timing, creativity (outrageousness!) and showmanship - so it promises to be a fun event for viewers and participants alike.

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-02-251008cs03.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-08-slideshow_1002367006_061012_soapbox_ba10.jpg
source

WHEN & WHERE:
Bandra, Mumbai.
December 2nd 2012.

WHAT:
Fuelled by creativity and competitive fun, Red Bull Soapbox Race is a non-motorized racing event which challenges both experienced racers and amateurs alike. The task is to design and build imaginative, human-powered soapbox machines and compete against the clock on a downhill race course featuring jumps, bumps and curves.

HOW:
1. Gather your team (4 team members, includes 1 driver and 3 co-drivers) and tell us why you are interested in Red Bull Soapbox Race.
2. In order to proceed to the designing phase download the application form, fill it in and mail it to soapbox@in.redbull.com.
3. As soon as Red Bull receives your form, they will send you an Experimental Kit for you to sketch your project design.

Please note that you can send in your applications all through September 1st – 30th, 2012.

A panel of judges will shortlist the best 50-70 gear-heads and adrenaline junkies, who will then convert their paper sketches into a real soapbox. Red Bull will support the participants with expert tips for this round-the-clock soapbox construction, to ensure that the car is good enough to whiz down the race track on D-day. Karts can range from realistic replicas to anything that your imagination can conjure up.

Each soapbox must be powered by gravity and imagination, which means no stored power or external energy sources allowed. And size does matter! All vehicles must be less than six feet wide and 20 feet in length, no more than seven feet high and cannot weigh more than 176 lbs (not including the driver). Drivers must be at least 18 years old, but engineers and grease monkeys of all ages are welcome to be part of the team.

To gain more showmanship points, participants often wear outrageous costumes, act out skits, and create their own music soundtracks for the race.

Teams will be judged on three criteria: speed, creativity and showmanship.

PRIZES:
Not announced yet. Will be revealed soon.

Check out this video for a true taste of what its all about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDsSIo7FAcA

Snaps from other Redbull soap box races:
Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-1-redbullsoapboxscionshellopt.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-03-redbullsoapboxracebalneariocamboriu.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-04-redbullsoapbox1.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-042-redbullsoapbox7.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-05-mideastisraelredbullsoapboxrace2009107114337.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-06-3969403354_27d41eec27.jpg
source

Red Bull Soapbox Street Race 2012. EDIT : BHPian R.P.M's Team records fastest time!-07-210511cs12.jpg
source

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Motorsports section.

Participation form sent last week :) .. Super excited!!

Cheers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by R32_GTR (Post 2899395)
Participation form sent last week :) .. Super excited!!

Nice. So far the other Red Bull events in India have all been very well organized and a lot of fun, so this should be good!

What are you planning to build your kart to look like?

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2899738)

What are you planning to build your kart to look like?

Vetting the competition huh chief?? ;)

Waiting to hear back from Redbull.. Got no auto-response or notification from them yet. Once we send them our renderings as their website suggests, I'll let you know..

We got our application kit!! clap:I wonder where all the others are?? Not much happening on this thread..:confused:

ill be seeing u guys there too! Should be an absolute blast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R32_GTR (Post 2899769)
Vetting the competition huh chief??

Haha. No, i just heard that your idea of doing up your kart like a Monster Energy can was undergoing some scrutiny :p j/k

I hear BHPian MadMonkey is pulling together a team as well.

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 2902366)
Haha. No, i just heard that your idea of doing up your kart like a Monster Energy can was undergoing some scrutiny :p j/k

Hahahah.. Nice try!
Naah.. we're working out the stability and aerodynamics between a wadapav and pav bhaji lol:

Or something that is completely off the chart.. ;)

This is fun! Not sure if I can jack up a team to register for this, but I'm marking 2nd December on my calendar!

@R32_GTR, unless we get a few more Bhpians to enter into this race, you have my cheers! :D

wow this is going to be fun :) have seen this on TV ... Need to put a team togetherclap:

A tight travel schedule means I won't have time to put a car and team together. But, if I am in India at that time, I'll definitely come to view this. Gonna be a lot of fun. Hope to see you lot there. :)

First set of 35 finalist listed out on redbull.in.. And we're in (Twisted performance) clap:

Any tbhpians on the list?

Cheers!!

We are in too. I'm pretty sure we are going to see a lot of bhpians there. It's going to epic.

Whats your team name R.P.M?

cya
R