Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Calls for a T-bhp track day in Delhi. Should be crazy fun with t-bhpians doing a track day together.
Old 5th February 2013, 15:55   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Some very useful details are there in this thread from last year:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post2762981 (Take your car for a spin on BIC - India's F1 circuit!)

Especially read the posts at the end from Sudev who gives a detailed account of the event.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 18:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Got response from the BIC team -
1. Helmets are mandatory
2. No occupant in the car is allowed except for the driver himself/herself. One may bring their family and friends however they can only watch from a distance.

I would've really liked if my wife could accompany me in the car during the laps.
Old 5th February 2013, 19:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Any possibility of hiring bikes there ?

Last edited by black12rr : 5th February 2013 at 19:30.
Old 5th February 2013, 23:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I have a query for the people that have participated in the past track days. How physically taxing can the 30 minutes session be in our humble cars? I drive a 114 PS Linea T-jet, will it generate enough G-force to make me miss my evening flight to Mumbai on the same day? I will be flying to Mumbai at 9 PM on Sunday (can't push it to next day as my meeting starts at 8 AM on Monday), I want to participate in this event but don't want to be physically drained to an extent that I miss my flight.

Moreover, does it require any special insurance? IIRC, one of the clauses in the insurance agreement states that I don't participate in racing. This event in all likelihood will be considered racing.

Edit: I have had a very inactive lifestyle off-late. A sedentary job and high cholesterol diet has put all these questions in mind.
Stop the nonsense and lets go have some fun. What say? Let's not miss an opportunity to drive the T-jets like they are supposed to be driven. I have sent a registration request just now. Let me see what they come back with.
nkapoor777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2013, 23:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Stop the nonsense and lets go have some fun. What say? Let's not miss an opportunity to drive the T-jets like they are supposed to be driven. I have sent a registration request just now. Let me see what they come back with.
Aye aye Sir! I have already made the registration and transferred the money too. They will send a standard email with all the info mentioned in OP and share their bank details. See you and other BHPians there.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 00:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Aye aye Sir! I have already made the registration and transferred the money too. They will send a standard email with all the info mentioned in OP and share their bank details. See you and other BHPians there.
Super stuff! What is the duration for a single session? I didn't see it anywhere on the web.
Old 6th February 2013, 00:25   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Super stuff! What is the duration for a single session? I didn't see it anywhere on the web.
It's there in GTO's opening post (1 session = 60 minutes). Not sure, if that includes briefing time because track time of 60 minutes at 4K will be a steal.
Old 6th February 2013, 00:33   #24
BHPian

Guess I got too excited with all this!
Old 7th February 2013, 13:57   #25
BHPian

How about taking Fortuner on Race Track . Will it roll over on corners. My baby is just 2K km old, thinking taking her on track.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:20   #26
BHPian

Registered. Going to be pushing the VRS there. I'm tempted to get a B14 set installed before, but going by the frequency of these events, it'll be good to have a before and after timings for the suspension. Power wise, I'm planning to do the same. Right now its only CBE, next session, it'll be CBE + Tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
How about taking Fortuner on Race Track . Will it roll over on corners. My baby is just 2K km old, thinking taking her on track.
Depends on how u drive it. Dont take the corners too fast and you'll be OK. I'd refrain from pushing ANY SUV on the track except for the Q3 or the X1. Too much body roll, and high center of gravity will really scare you when ur pushing it. For example.. in my STI I used to be **** scared at the final chicanes at Limerock in US. Cant even imagine it in a X5 or Q7. HOWEVER, buddh is a pretty non challenging track, so it will be less scary. Take my advice, leave the SUV out of it.

Where can I get a racing suit/leathers in Delhi?
Old 7th February 2013, 14:25   #27
BHPian

Another question on buddh, is this going to be the F1 track layout, or a different roadcourse layout. Reason I ask is that is that the two straights on the F1 layouts, completely negate any advantage you may have gathered pushing the corners in a less than v6/v8 car, as no matter how much ur 1.8T is pushing out, on the straights your going to loose out to the Vs. So your timings will always be more than the large bulkier cars.

What would be interesting is if they do sectional timing at the event. If thats the case then it would be fun to compare times with faster/bulkier/larger engine cars.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Another question on buddh, is this going to be the F1 track layout, or a different roadcourse layout. Reason I ask is that is that the two straights on the F1 layouts, completely negate any advantage you may have gathered pushing the corners in a less than v6/v8 car, as no matter how much ur 1.8T is pushing out, on the straights your going to loose out to the Vs. So your timings will always be more than the large bulkier cars.

What would be interesting is if they do sectional timing at the event. If thats the case then it would be fun to compare times with faster/bulkier/larger engine cars.

It will be the main track. If the power difference of 2 cars is very large than I agree to your point but I still believe that a car like VRS if driven properly can be close to some of the more powerful but bulkier cars. There is a lot of time that you can make up in corners. Also timing with respect to others will not be something which you should give a lot of importance to. One should probably intially focus on learning and then analysing his times to improve himself as timing wrt to others will depend on a lot of reasons like tyres, catching traffic on turns, skill and temprament of other drivers etc.
Old 7th February 2013, 14:59   #29
BHPian

this is fantastic news for the petrol heads in Delhi-NCR

some queries as a novice who hasn't ever attended a track day -

- Does it make sense to take my Scorpio on it ? Considering the roll and high center of gravity
- my current set of wheels are 72,000 kms old and im sure will be done & dusted by the time i finish a session at BIC
- how much pressure would be put on the brakes and clutch ? would it lead to new brake pads being required ?

Thanks, look forward to feedback and advice.

cheers

K
Old 7th February 2013, 15:13   #30
BHPian

Thanks Rachit. I've done a LOT of track days, and was an SCCA instructor in US. These are time trials I agree, but it does give a lil kick to see ur times ahead of a 530i or a E350.. lol..

KSingh, DONT get the scorpio. It is not only dangerous but also too high a car and is not meant for any kind of track racing. Also your tyres are already dead, and will kill ur fun.

Clutch plates are the least abused if you do proper braking, dont go from 5th to 2nd in the turns and they wont die on you.

I've always carried a set of spare brake pads on track days. Saves you the hassle of dealing with brakefade/melted pads on the way back home.

Most important part of any track day, is to listen to your instructor and listen to your car. This is NOT GranTurismo or Forza. This is real. The car gives you a lot of feedback when at the limits, and you get a good idea on when to push it and when not to.

The track is supposed to have brake markers, suggest you all use this to the max. Go easy (real easy) on the first 2 lap, get a hang of the corners and how the car reacts, then slowly begin pushing it. Buddh isnt that challenging, so you will get a good feel for the track. And PLEASE, dont use the handbrakes.. :-)

One more note for all beginners and first timers, since most of us have FWD manual cars, DO NOT CHANGE Gears while turning. Slow down before the turn and get in the right gear to take the turn. Last thing you want to do is clutchin when ur powering thru a corner.

- If you miss the right gear (-1) slow down and keep the car in rev till you get past the apex, and then upshift.
- If you miss the right gear (+1) dont HIT the gas to try to get in ur powerband. SLOW down, take the apex then downshift.

And someone please tell me where i can get a racing suit... gave mine to my buddies in US as i thut that this day wudnt come in India. lol.. Have my helmet tho.
prithwi-81 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks