Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 15:13   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
- Does it make sense to take my Scorpio on it ? Considering the roll and high center of gravity
- my current set of wheels are 72,000 kms old and im sure will be done & dusted by the time i finish a session at BIC
- how much pressure would be put on the brakes and clutch ? would it lead to new brake pads being required ?
1. Regarding the handling, ofcourse you shouldnt take highspeed turns. But you can enjoy the straights atleast.

2. But the tires are a major issue. I wouldnt drive on normal roads with them, forget track sessions. My advice: Change them ASAP. Irrespective of whether you go to BIC or not. Someone once said that if the brakes, tires and horn are okay, any car can pretty much do anything.

3. More than the clutch, its the brakes that will take the beating. But nothing serious enough to cancel the trip:-)

Just change tires, and hit the track.
searchingheaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 15:38   #32
BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Thanks seems like I have to take my Polo TDI then if not Fortuner.

Can anyone list down things (with preferred model/make) which a car drive have to take with him.
Old 7th February 2013, 16:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Any possibility of hiring bikes there ?
Nope,you cannot hire bikes there.
Another option would be to Hire a RE500 meant from ladakh from Karol Bagh for a day and return it,i am pretty sure,no one will want to ride a RE meant for touring on a race track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
this is fantastic news for the petrol heads in Delhi-NCR

some queries as a novice who hasn't ever attended a track day -

- Does it make sense to take my Scorpio on it ? Considering the roll and high center of gravity
I will say Avoid . I drive a Scorpio and the way it rolls around corners is Scary. Does not make sense at all, take it to the hills, you will have more fun

Note from Support - Please use Multi-quote option to reply to multiple posts instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th February 2013 at 09:41. Reason: Posts Merged.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 23:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Thanks seems like I have to take my Polo TDI then if not Fortuner.

Can anyone list down things (with preferred model/make) which a car drive have to take with him.
Must have - helmet, license, r/c, insurance, full tank(speed or speed 97), some spare cash 5-10k, and a number of a good flatbed towing company.

Good to have - basic automotive toolkit, bottle of coolant, bottle of engine oil, bottle of brake fluid, bottle of wd40, spare/racing thermostat, spare brakepads/shoes, brake disk cleaner, spare lugnuts, duct tape/sealant, racing shoes, racing gloves, axe deodorant to go bow chika bow wow....

Last edited by prithwi-81 : 7th February 2013 at 23:16.
Old 9th February 2013, 15:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Re: Scorpio
The track COC drives one around superbly on the track.

But I would definitely not advise taking a Scorpio
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2013, 17:53   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Must have - helmet, license, r/c, insurance, full tank(speed or speed 97), some spare cash 5-10k, and a number of a good flatbed towing company.

Good to have - basic automotive toolkit, bottle of coolant, bottle of engine oil, bottle of brake fluid, bottle of wd40, spare/racing thermostat, spare brakepads/shoes, brake disk cleaner, spare lugnuts, duct tape/sealant, racing shoes, racing gloves, axe deodorant to go bow chika bow wow....
@ Prithwi: Am somehow getting a sense that the punto is going to be the service vehicle this time. :P

Can't wait to hit the track.

@ Sudev sir: Looking forward to meeting you again.
Old 14th February 2013, 13:04   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

@krazydriver84: Will have to give the track day a miss. Desert Storm scrutiny on 16th and 17th. Flag off on 18th. Too much work.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
@krazydriver84: Will have to give the track day a miss. Desert Storm scrutiny on 16th and 17th. Flag off on 18th. Too much work.
oh! Sad. Then definitely hope to catch up with you soon. Btw, I was looking for you the other day after I took the punto on the AutoX track, but you weren't there.
Old 16th February 2013, 17:14   #39
BHPian

Some more info on the other events that day.

Greetings from Buddh International Circuit!

Thank you for booking your slot for BIC Time Trial. Attached find for your reference the guidelines for BIC Time Trial. You are requested to go through the attached guidelines carefully before you come for Time Trial.

Apart from Time Trial we have also organized following activities at the Circuit:

1. Taxi Ride - You can get a hot lap of the Circuit in a BIC car driven by our certified drivers
2. Aerial Safari of BIC - Take a aerial tour of BIC (6 minutes flying time)
3. Slalom Activity
4. Go karting

For your reference, please find attached the rates for above activities.

The Registration Desk will open at 8:30am on Sunday, 17th February' 12. You are requested to be on time for your respective driving / riding slot.
Old 17th February 2013, 07:58   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

This is gonna be fun on track with first WET outing ever!! Sad to miss.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:55   #41
BHPian

3rd fastest...

Name:  ForumRunner_20130217_155416.png
Views: 1194
Size:  401.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130217_155436.png
Views: 1217
Size:  402.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130217_155458.png
Views: 1187
Size:  364.3 KB
prithwi-81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 20:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.

T-Bhpians m4ugr8 and noidaboy also participated today.
Both fared brilliant and bruised many egos with their cars.

Pictures and more details coming up.
Old 17th February 2013, 21:36   #43
BHPian

A bit of a rant here... There is absolutely no track discipline amongst some of the owners of large expensive cars. Two 3 series bmws nearly crashed into me trying to overtake me on a tightening corner, when your not supposed to go for overtaking post the brake markers. A 530d, and cruze understerred off and came back on full throttle, without waiting for a safe Window, nearly crashing into the SLK. A Vento wouldn't give way to any one on the straights, and a couple of wanna be drifters, trying to 'drift' their dad's e200, 530d and SLK with traction control on. There was very lax flagging. Only one car was asked to get off the track. There were a couple of press cars, including the 3 series idiots mentioned above who had no respect for track rules or safety. A alto decides to hold the entire set of cars between corners as he wanted to drive in the middle of the damn track, instead of letting a few cars go before the next breaking marker.

Last edited by prithwi-81 : 17th February 2013 at 21:37.
prithwi-81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 08:43   #44
BHPian

Video

Last edited by tsk1979 : 18th February 2013 at 15:10.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 14:02   #45
BHPian

I was there on the track in my Bronzo Scuro T-jet. Went there with very clear objectives:
  1. Enjoy
  2. Explore the dynamics of my brilliant car
  3. Be safe and ensure minimal damage as this is the car that I drive to office every day.
I would say, I achieved my objectives. I might have been one of the slower cars on the track but I didn't have any intention of racing anyone on track as I wanted to just get a feel of my car in such conditions and enjoy it. My fiancee being a co-passenger increased the responsibility further. The smile on her face and the fact that Crusoe (my car) didn't produce any burning smell (clutch, brakes or tyres) made the day for me.

The fast straights leading to slow corners and then taking on the chicanes was an amazing experience. I took my car to RPMs that I have never done before and heard its engine note like I have never heard before. From the sweet turbo whine that I hear every day to the roar at 6K RPM was an incredible transformation. My respect for Crusoe has increased even further after the track day.

I took the first lap really slow as it was my first drive on a track and then gradually increased the speed. In the 9 laps I completed, I could realise at what speeds I can enter a turn without skidding and how to exit a turn with speed without over steering. I am glad that my learning objectives were met. There were cars that were faster than me and then there were ones that were driving after throwing caution to the wind. I decided to let all of them pass even at zones clearly mentioned as no overtaking zone during briefing. There wasn't any point in getting entangled in an ego battle with others and then ruin the great experience.

Bottom line - A great experience that has helped me understand my machine and my driving better. Will do it again later in the year.
Biraj is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed