Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2013, 15:36   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I was there on the track in my Bronzo Scuro T-jet. Went there with very clear objectives:
  1. Enjoy
  2. Explore the dynamics of my brilliant car
  3. Be safe and ensure minimal damage as this is the car that I drive to office every day.
I would say, I achieved my objectives. I might have been one of the slower cars on the track but I didn't have any intention of racing anyone on track as I wanted to just get a feel of my car in such conditions and enjoy it. My fiancee being a co-passenger increased the responsibility further. The smile on her face and the fact that Crusoe (my car) didn't produce any burning smell (clutch, brakes or tyres) made the day for me.

The fast straights leading to slow corners and then taking on the chicanes was an amazing experience. I took my car to RPMs that I have never done before and heard its engine note like I have never heard before. From the sweet turbo whine that I hear every day to the roar at 6K RPM was an incredible transformation. My respect for Crusoe has increased even further after the track day.

I took the first lap really slow as it was my first drive on a track and then gradually increased the speed. In the 9 laps I completed, I could realise at what speeds I can enter a turn without skidding and how to exit a turn with speed without over steering. I am glad that my learning objectives were met. There were cars that were faster than me and then there were ones that were driving after throwing caution to the wind. I decided to let all of them pass even at zones clearly mentioned as no overtaking zone during briefing. There wasn't any point in getting entangled in an ego battle with others and then ruin the great experience.

Bottom line - A great experience that has helped me understand my machine and my driving better. Will do it again later in the year.

Good to hear you enjoyed your jet and it performed to your expectations!Can you share what new things about the Tjet you discovered during the track day? BTW , how was the wear and tear on the tyres?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 19:30   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I was there on the track in my Bronzo Scuro T-jet. Went there with very clear objectives:
[*]Enjoy[*]Explore the dynamics of my brilliant car[*]Be safe and ensure minimal damage as this is the car that I drive to office every day.I would say, I achieved my objectives. I might have been one of the slower cars on the track but I didn't have any intention of racing anyone on track as I wanted to just get a feel of my car in such conditions and enjoy it. My fiancee being a co-passenger increased the responsibility further. The smile on her face and the fact that Crusoe (my car) didn't produce any burning smell (clutch, brakes or tyres) made the day for me.

The fast straights leading to slow corners and then taking on the chicanes was an amazing experience. I took my car to RPMs that I have never done before and heard its engine note like I have never heard before. From the sweet turbo whine that I hear every day to the roar at 6K RPM was an incredible transformation. My respect for Crusoe has increased even further after the track day.

I took the first lap really slow as it was my first drive on a track and then gradually increased the speed. In the 9 laps I completed, I could realise at what speeds I can enter a turn without skidding and how to exit a turn with speed without over steering. I am glad that my learning objectives were met. There were cars that were faster than me and then there were ones that were driving after throwing caution to the wind. I decided to let all of them pass even at zones clearly mentioned as no overtaking zone during briefing. There wasn't any point in getting entangled in an ego battle with others and then ruin the great experience.

Bottom line - A great experience that has helped me understand my machine and my driving better. Will do it again later in the year.
Glad to see you enjoyed yourself and great job maintaining track discipline while enjoying your time. You will improve with each session, as you push a little bit more on each lap.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 20:58   #48
BHPian

Another video. You get to see the TJet also.

Last edited by prithwi-81 : 18th February 2013 at 21:06.
Old 18th February 2013, 22:55   #49
BHPian

Edited and cleaned up version of the first run. Timesheet at the end. Did a lil showboating, but hey.. :-)
Old 19th February 2013, 21:44   #50
BHPian

Re: Drive your car on the Buddh Track for Rs. 4,000. Sunday, 17th February 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Good to hear you enjoyed your jet and it performed to your expectations!Can you share what new things about the Tjet you discovered during the track day? BTW , how was the wear and tear on the tyres?
Thanks Sagarpadaki, the details with respect to Crusoe are mentioned here

The tyre wear wasn't alarming and I expected it to be more than what it was, as the quality of stock Goodyear is really pathetic. They are wearing very fast. The Goodyears do have good speed rating (not sure, if that played any part).
Old 20th February 2013, 15:02   #51
BHPian

nKapoor had pushed his T-Jet to the limits, am sure he is going to be able to give a detailed review on the same. His tjet was flying over the corners as if there was no tomorrow.

Regarding track discipline, I agree. drivers were way over their head. I feel the bikers had more discipline within them than the drivers.
Old 20th February 2013, 18:55   #52
BHPian

Guys, can someone people tell me how many cars participated for the event?
Old 20th February 2013, 20:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Edited and cleaned up version of the first run. Timesheet at the end. Did a lil showboating, but hey.. :-)
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=HBc-jNLrV9w
Drool Drool Drool worthy indeed. You are one lucky BHPian to have not missed the opportunity to use em all horses on the vRS.

I can barely remember the last time I heard my tires squealing around corners.

Do you remember what was your speed around the first corner after the grandstand just after that ramp. Almost a 150 deg turn correct ?

Thanks for posting this video.
Old 20th February 2013, 21:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

Drool Drool Drool worthy indeed. You are one lucky BHPian to have not missed the opportunity to use em all horses on the vRS.

I can barely remember the last time I heard my tires squealing around corners.

Do you remember what was your speed around the first corner after the grandstand just after that ramp. Almost a 150 deg turn correct ?

Thanks for posting this video.
First corner is about 90 to 100 degree I think. 2nd gear pull so max 90. Had to shift up as soon as i exited. Honestly if you get the line right you can do insane speeds on this track without much ado. I knew I was taking the hairpin at about 70. Again racing line and apex is critical. See the video and obseve the line I take right before I hit the chicanes vs the line some of the other cars were taking and you will get an idea as to why I kept catching up with the slk.
Old 20th February 2013, 23:51   #55
BHPian

Hey Guys!!
just got an email from BIC. Track day is happening again on 10th march. So, the people who missed it get another chance.
I think they are gonna make this a monthly thing from now.
varunsonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 18:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsonu View Post
Hey Guys!!
just got an email from BIC. Track day is happening again on 10th march. So, the people who missed it get another chance.
I think they are gonna make this a monthly thing from now.
Just read it on their website! Superb news.. It will be awesome if they do it monthly.
Old 22nd February 2013, 00:26   #57
BHPian

AWESOME!! did the registration already. Cant wait to get back on the track, this time with the B14s.
Old 22nd February 2013, 00:56   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
AWESOME!! did the registration already. Cant wait to get back on the track, this time with the B14s.
The one driving the SLK definitely was under a lot of pressure and with the color of your car, it would have started to glow at each exit!!

A few questions:
- is there a group insurance when you drive here - both life and accidental. As per regular policies, race track days are not covered and BIC folks didn't respond to my query.
- what if you damage your vehicle on the track? If BIC does provide a group cover then is it valid at all manufacturers (ASCs) and is it cashless?
Thanks!

I think in some time, we will have some amongst us having regular track day cars! Maybe a 1st gen modded B16 with a chopped boot and stiffened suspension!
Kudos to Jaypee for opening this segment slowly but hopefully gradually.

PS: if I were you, I would have wished to be driving an earth mover with some of the drivers sticking to the center lane specially on the straight between turn 8 & 9!!

Last edited by nitin.rai : 22nd February 2013 at 00:57.
Old 22nd February 2013, 01:22   #59
BHPian

Newer pics from a observer at buddh.

Chasing an Audi
Name:  ForumRunner_20130222_011906.png
Views: 1224
Size:  368.1 KB

Chasing the SLK
Name:  ForumRunner_20130222_011932.png
Views: 1194
Size:  337.8 KB

Got the SLK on the corner, but no use, he's got too much power for me to pass on the straights
Name:  ForumRunner_20130222_011942.png
Views: 1190
Size:  317.4 KB
Old 22nd February 2013, 01:29   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post

The one driving the SLK definitely was under a lot of pressure and with the color of your car, it would have started to glow at each exit!!

A few questions:
- is there a group insurance when you drive here - both life and accidental. As per regular policies, race track days are not covered and BIC folks didn't respond to my query.
- what if you damage your vehicle on the track? If BIC does provide a group cover then is it valid at all manufacturers (ASCs) and is it cashless?
Thanks!

I think in some time, we will have some amongst us having regular track day cars! Maybe a 1st gen modded B16 with a chopped boot and stiffened suspension!
Kudos to Jaypee for opening this segment slowly but hopefully gradually.

PS: if I were you, I would have wished to be driving an earth mover with some of the drivers sticking to the center lane specially on the straight between turn 8 & 9!!
Insurance. Donno. As for annoying drivers on the track days, I've been to enough track days in the US to not mind them, as its part of the reason your getting access to the track so cheap. You dont want others on track, rent it out for yourself. I'm sure at some point I must have pissed off someone on the track as well, its all part of the experience. BUT, that said, the discipline on the track really needs to go up, or else as people get more and more confidence, and oush their cars to the limit, the chances of things going very wrong are much higher at the limits of the cars than at the sedate levels people were driving in BIC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks