Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2006, 01:08   #1
BHPian

Chickmagalur Rally, 26th-28th May, 2006

Round 2 of the MAI Indian National Rally Championship will be held in Chikmagalur from 26th-28th May, 2006 by Motor Sports Club of Chikmagalur. Both Team JK and MRF should have sorted out their cars by this time......should be a fast rally! I also heard that there are lots of vantage points! I am definitely gonna be there! Anybody else coming?

Last edited by orangelephant : 12th May 2006 at 01:12.
Old 12th May 2006, 01:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good thing you started this thread. I was going to myself. I'd like to be there for a part of it.

How many days are you planning to go? How far is this from Bangalore?
Is there any guide available from MAI as far as spectator viewing routes??
Old 12th May 2006, 01:35   #3
BHPian

Am planning to leave early friday morning and hope to reach there by afternoon. Its around 245 kms from b'lore. you need to go to hassan and from there its around 60 kms if i am right. Dont think there's any official guide available.......but should be pretty easy once you get there.
Old 12th May 2006, 06:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

What time is the flag off and where? Hopefully someone can provide details. RT, U there bud??

Once the cars take off, there's no way you can keep up with them unless you know the route.
Old 12th May 2006, 09:23   #5
BHPian

check www.mai.co.in for complete details. the super special is on friday itself. I will be there, lets meet up.
Old 12th May 2006, 10:26   #6
Jay
BHPian

National Team-Bhp meet ( GOA ) :- 26th - 30th may........you guys not coming ???

i surely wont be able to go to the rally because of the national meet... was watching sports on TV yesterday ans saw some news about the rally, wanted to goto Chikmagalore...
Ford Fiesta had a bad day in the rally i heard, Cedia is going to join in....
Old 12th May 2006, 14:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Once the cars take off, there's no way you can keep up with them unless you know the route.
I am trying to get the routes that we can use once we get there. Will post it if and when i get it.
Old 12th May 2006, 22:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Chikmagalur Rally is absolute treat for eyes, Conducted usually in rainy season, route in between coffee estates , hills, green fields, curvy mud roads..ahhh delight. Looking forward to watch it personally.
Could you try to get the spectators routes too??
Thx
Old 14th May 2006, 02:21   #9

hey...
am planning on coming down from bombay for the Chikmagalur Rally. How much time does it take to get from Bangalore to Chikmagalur in a car? Anyone else planning on heading to Chkmlr from Bombay?
Old 15th May 2006, 10:29   #10
BHPian

blore to ckmlore - about 4 hours by car
Old 15th May 2006, 14:23   #11
Senior - BHPian

For those people who are asking about the time it will take to reach Chickamagalur from Bangalore:
From B'lore to Chickamagalur, it is around 240 km.
From Bangalore, you need to take NH4 (Chennai-B'lore-Pune highway). You will have to carry on till Nelamangala (around 27 km from Bangalore). From here, you need to take left and you will join NH48 (Bangalore-Mangalore highway). According to me, it is one of the best highways to drive, with visibility in some sections close to a kilometer. If you can afford an early morning start from Bangalore, the drive will be even better with virtually no traffic and a fantastic highway all for you. You will need to carry on till Hassan on this highway. Hassan town is pretty confusing as there are a lot of one ways. It is better to ask the locals for directions to Chickamagalur. Once you are out of Hassan and on to Chickamagalur highway, you will enjoy that drive too as the traffic is pretty sparse and the highway is pretty good. It is moderately scenic too. You will pass Belur enroute to Ckm. From Hassan, Ckm is around 60 km. From B'lore, Hassan is around 180 km. Regarding duration, I did B'lore-Hassan in 3 hrs with a break of around 15-20 mins. Crossing Hassan took me around 20 minutes and from Hassan to Ckm, it is around 1 hour. So, expect around 4.5 hours of journey. All this is fresh in my mind because I am back from this very drive just yesterday night. All the best to you all.
Old 15th May 2006, 21:05   #12

a big thank you to everyone who posted the route/directions to chikmagalur! i ll land in bangalore in the morning on the 25th and will then drive to chikmagalur the same day. hope to see you all there!
Old 16th May 2006, 01:49   #13
BHPian

Been trying to get rooms in c'mlore. NOTHING is available. Checked the clubs, good hotels and bad hotels, NOTHING!!!!!! Looks like the whole country is going there!!! Only option now for me is to stay at a friends estate which is an hour from c'mlore.
Old 16th May 2006, 09:03   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangelephant
Been trying to get rooms in c'mlore. NOTHING is available. Checked the clubs, good hotels and bad hotels, NOTHING!!!!!! Looks like the whole country is going there!!! Only option now for me is to stay at a friends estate which is an hour from c'mlore.
let me know if you need rooms.
Old 16th May 2006, 16:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy
let me know if you need rooms.
Awesome! Thanks killjoy. Could you please let me know if you can get me around 3 rooms? and where? Thanks!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks