Team-BHP - Professional GoKarting: Train & Race in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Professional GoKarting: Train & Race in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/136088-professional-gokarting-train-race-bangalore.html)

Hey fellow Team BHPians,

If you've ever wondered how to get in on all the action at the track on a professional level, then this is for YOU!

INDIAN KARTING is a team owned and run by Mr. Anish Rathnam based out of Bangalore. I recently came across this team on a social website myself and thought of it to be like all the other teams we've got in India -- GOOD but EXPENSIVE!

I decided to give it a shot being in Bangalore myself and signed up for a weekend practice session along with another friend of mine. We were given 100 Laps each a day for 2 days ( Saturday and Sunday ) and drove 7 hp Honda 4 stroke KNK Karts.

Sounds kind of slow-- I Know, But to my surprise these karts were really quick! They are open wheeled karts with no protective heavy bumpers around, just side pods and this helped in lightening the kart.

All karts were set up by Anish Himself and were set up pretty good for the track in Marathhalli ( Torque 03 - Ezone ).

Two days of hard core driving and bruising my back due to all the bumps and friction, and I realized that Indian karting was a little different from the other teams. They really look out for people wanting to get into racing and help them get there faster and in a more affordable way.

I've driven for many teams in the past, I don't want to name any, but all of them had their favorite driver who they supported way more than the others and were also very expensive, not to mention karts / cars not being attended to and not given time in the pits cause the favorite driver had to get his done first!

Anyway.. cutting short of finer details, After my experience with IK, I spoke to Mr. Anish and wanted to get in on the team somehow. I did not want to drive the rotax as the rest of the team is this year as I am Already driving the Formula LGB4, so I am now part of the team training drivers in 4 stroke karts and getting them ready for this years national rotax championship and eventually in the formula series.

I have driven / Raced karts ( 4 stroke Honda / Subaru and 2 stroke rotax ) and have got many podiums in the JK tyre and MRF Championships. Also Won the Amaron Karting Challenge and corporate enduro. Driven the JK TYRE 24 Hour Enduro ( finished 4th ) I've Driven the FISSME and finished third in the championship and went on to driving the Formula LGB Swifts. This year I will be driving the Formula LGB4 Season and will train and support the IK Team drivers during their Rotax season.

Indian karting drivers took part in the Wednesday night enduro last month and dominated top three positions and we will be driving fridays " DA Corsa " and look to finish on the top again.

Two drivers trained by Ik Finished in the top three last week at hyderabad at the Rotax rookie cup and this year at the national championship we look to get a lot of podiums and points.

We practice every weekend and train new drivers almost two - three weekends a month.

If any one is interested in getting into racing and going somewhere with it or just as a hobby or passion do join us. Its always fun to have more people to race with and newer drivers with different driving styles to drive with.

IK is really trying hard to promote affordable and safe motorsports in India and it would be great to see more people interested and joining us in the quest!

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the MotorSports Section. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds a lot like what I have been looking for! Will drop you a message with specific queries. Till then could you share some more details, like the cost for a weekend training (100 laps a day for 2 days) etc. I am sure it will help a lot of us!

Interesting and interested.
Next time I come to Bangalore, I'll definitely give you a shout.

Will PM you when you hit 25 posts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motormania (Post 3125612)
Sounds a lot like what I have been looking for! Will drop you a message with specific queries. Till then could you share some more details, like the cost for a weekend training (100 laps a day for 2 days) etc. I am sure it will help a lot of us!

Hi motormania,

I'm not too sure about the rules regarding posting costs and information on training modules. If the mods or someone can help me with the same then i'd be more than happy to help and share whatever information you would like to know. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mango_pal (Post 3125694)
Interesting and interested.
Next time I come to Bangalore, I'll definitely give you a shout.

Will PM you when you hit 25 posts!

Sure thing mango_pal ! It would be great to have some fresh drivers on the track to drive with. Do let me know when your in Bangalore and we can meet on the track so you could test our karts and have a couple of laps of fun :)

As for the update regarding the DA CORSA CHAMPIONSHIP held last friday, The results were as expected and hoped for!
Indian karting had around 5 drivers taking part out of which all made it to the semi finals and 3 made it to the 20 lap finals.

The organizers added a last minute twist to the race and announced that we would race the track in reverse direction.

IK Driver ALI started on pole and IK driver Ricky started in 3rd position and I started 5th on the grid.

After a tough and very competitive race with the top 8 drivers of the days 80 entrees, IK did well with ME finishing in first position and Ali in second. Due to an unfortunate crash, Ricky had a DNF and couldn't join us on the podium.

This race saw a lot of young drivers eager to get into professional racing and Indian Karting has managed to get a few of these drivers on board with us to train and guide them towards a safer way of racing. Very soon, these drivers too will be in a rotax at the national championship, but not without the necessary training and practice.

It Would be great to have a lot more drivers join us at the next Da Corsa, And I will keep updating everyone on the coming races and results along with new IK Drivers and Updates on our team.

I will put up a picture of the PD soon !

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj sulz (Post 3126786)
have a couple of laps of fun

A couple of laps won't cut it. If I come for the weekend it would have to be the whole shebang (read: 100 laps per day!)!
:)

Quote:

IK did well with ME finishing in first position and Ali in second.
Fantastic performance! Congrats :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mango_pal (Post 3126890)
A couple of laps won't cut it. If I come for the weekend it would have to be the whole shebang (read: 100 laps per day!)!
:)

Sounds super! :)

Fantastic performance! Congrats :)

Thank You! :Cheering:

1.5 Hours enduro race coming up in less than a month in Bangalore! Just got some inside news and details will be out soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj sulz (Post 3134476)
1.5 Hours enduro race coming up in less than a month in Bangalore! Just got some inside news and details will be out soon!

Great news indeed!

Btw, do you guys have any plans for conducting a training/practice session in Hyderabad as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motormania (Post 3135036)
Great news indeed!

Btw, do you guys have any plans for conducting a training/practice session in Hyderabad as well?

Hi Motormania,

We were just in Hyderabad Last weekend at the Lahiri Resort Track for a training / practice session for two days in the rotax karts. We will be back there again on the 12th of this month but for the 1 st round of the rotax max championship. Do send me your contact details and i will keep you informed about races or training / practice sessions in Hyderabad. :)

Okay guys so here's the details for the race in june!

Date: 21st June
Time : 5 pm to 10 pm
Venue: Torque 03 , Ezone Club, Bangalore
Format: 1 1/2 hour endurance
Karts : Intruder Rentals
Tires : New ( all four )
Entry : Rs. 7,500 per team
Teams: 3 Drivers
Race : qualifying + 1 1/2 hour race; Each driver drives 15 minutes after which there will be a driver change when pit flags are out and then the next driver starts his / her 15 mins., thus each driver drives two 15 minute sessions. The Team that completes most no. of laps in 1 1/2 hours wins
Prize : Trophies for top 3 and cash prize of Rs. 30,000 for winning team

Will put up more details as and when i find out. This event hasn't been announced officially as yet so there may be a few small changes. All this info. has only been disclosed to teambhp on this thread as of now! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj sulz (Post 3135342)
Hi Motormania,

We were just in Hyderabad Last weekend at the Lahiri Resort Track for a training / practice session for two days in the rotax karts. We will be back there again on the 12th of this month but for the 1 st round of the rotax max championship. Do send me your contact details and i will keep you informed about races or training / practice sessions in Hyderabad. :)

That will be great. Will drop in a PM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj sulz (Post 3135364)
Okay guys so here's the details for the race in june!

Date: 21st June
Time : 5 pm to 10 pm
Venue: Torque 03 , Ezone Club, Bangalore
Format: 1 1/2 hour endurance
Karts : Intruder Rentals
Tires : New ( all four )
Entry : Rs. 7,500 per team
Teams: 3 Drivers
Race : qualifying + 1 1/2 hour race; Each driver drives 15 minutes after which there will be a driver change when pit flags are out and then the next driver starts his / her 15 mins., thus each driver drives two 15 minute sessions. The Team that completes most no. of laps in 1 1/2 hours wins
Prize : Trophies for top 3 and cash prize of Rs. 30,000 for winning team

Will put up more details as and when i find out. This event hasn't been announced officially as yet so there may be a few small changes. All this info. has only been disclosed to teambhp on this thread as of now! :)

Sounds exciting. Looks like a new concept. Should be a real test of reliability of the karts and concentration level clap: of the drivers.

yes definitely! and being the rental karts drivers will have to be very good at preserving the life of the engine so as to get equal performance from it throughout the race, along with preserving tires and driver stamina! This is going to be a really fun race.

A few indian Karting pics! Also attached pics of our pit puppy " ROTAX "

Hi fellow BHPians,
I am a teen who is currently based in Bangalore. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for any opportunities to train and take my go karting skills to a more professional level. When I last posted about the same topic, I was directed to a thread on Gas Monkey Motorsport by fellow BHPian killjoy. The thread was very informative and I must say I learnt a lot in a matter of minutes. However, that since my thread was moved, information was restricted to GMM. After doing a few more hours of research, I stumbled on BPC racing.
I figured out that they hold regular sessions and have made numerous child prodigies realize their passion for motorsport. Winners have emerged from this academy and this has made me take notice.
As I was unable to find anything in this regard on team bhp, I now humbly request all those who have been there to post their experience and help a young BHPian make a life out of motorsport.
Thanks to all you resourceful car lovers out there; you are my constant source of support and motivation.
Turbo_asd