Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2013, 18:59   #16
BHPian

Re: Gas Monkey Motorsports

Thats a fantastic initiative by GMM, I would be delighted to take part in it. I am based out of Chennai do you have any camps in Chennai or is it only at Bangalore?
GullwingGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 16:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
Thats a fantastic initiative by GMM, I would be delighted to take part in it. I am based out of Chennai do you have any camps in Chennai or is it only at Bangalore?
Hi GullwingGT

Firstly, Thank you for your support!

As for our training programs, We are currently only conducting them in Bangalore but should be in Chennai and a few more cities within a few months. Please do send us an Email on gasmonkeymotorsports@gmail.com so that we can add you to our mailing list and we will keep you posted on up coming events and schools in your city.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon.

Regards

Suhail Sabharwal
dj sulz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2014, 11:46   #18
BHPian

G.M.M Race School open registrations for batch two of our level 1 training program and batch one for our level 2 training program
Attached Thumbnails
Gas Monkey Motorsports-jan-batch-2.jpg  

Old 5th February 2014, 13:10   #19
BHPian

Gas Monkey Race school completes Batch 3. This was a special edition batch with guest trainers Ricky Donison ( Rotax U.K ), Arjun Maini ( Formula Bmw Champion 2013, Formula ADAC Masters Germany 2014 ) and Kush Maini ( Rotax World Final ) helping out our students.
Attached Thumbnails
Gas Monkey Motorsports-24315_245891525581707_326140867_n.jpg  

dj sulz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:10   #20
BHPian

Hey guys

quick update!

Gas Monkey Motorsports is proud to announce that we now own 5 Knk race spec Go karts and we will be using these karts to train our student drivers enrolling in the " Level 2 PRO " category.

Pics, reviews and more updates will be posted shortly.
dj sulz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 15:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj sulz View Post
Appreciate the efforts put into growing the sport.

Is there any age restriction for one to enroll into the race school? I am primarily interested in "Rally" (INRC kinda stuff) and I see there is a course for that as well.

Do people of such interest get directly trained on rally spec cars or everyone has to go thru any mandated courses before getting trained in "Rally" mode?

Where can I get more information on the course fee etc?

Edit:: You many want to fix the Gallery section of your site, looks broken as of now. http://gasmonkeymotorsports.com/albums/gallery/

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd May 2014 at 15:40.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 11:05   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Appreciate the efforts put into growing the sport.

Is there any age restriction for one to enroll into the race school? I am primarily interested in "Rally" (INRC kinda stuff) and I see there is a course for that as well.

Do people of such interest get directly trained on rally spec cars or everyone has to go thru any mandated courses before getting trained in "Rally" mode?

Where can I get more information on the course fee etc?

Edit:: You many want to fix the Gallery section of your site, looks broken as of now. http://gasmonkeymotorsports.com/albums/gallery/

Hi

There is no age restriction for any form of training that we have to offer. For our rally enthusiasts, there is no real need to go through the karting program, as long as the driver knows how to drive and has some sort of experience in a manual shift car. Our rally program will be in a rally spec Esteem or Gypsy, whichever interests the driver more.

Please send us your email id so we can send you more info.

As For our gallery we are currently working on fixing a few things on the entire site and it should be up soon..
Old 30th June 2014, 11:08   #23
BHPian

GMM Race School Batch 8 ( Karting ) Do send in entries soon as we will be accepting very limited entries. For more details please email or call us !
Attached Thumbnails
Gas Monkey Motorsports-gmmb8.jpg  

Old 30th November 2014, 11:49   #24
BHPian

Hi guys.. been a while since we've posted anything and we're back!! this years season has kept us on our toes and after finishing second in the overall team championship points at the MRF MMSC FMSCI National Racing Championship its time to take it up a level.. we've got much more coming your way with more cars and another team in the making.

Meanwhile, while you'l have known that we started our own kart racing school we've finally reached Batch 10 !!! its been a long journey wih alot of ups and a lot of downs as well, but we stuck through it and proved alot to a few who tried taking us down.

We will keep posting later in the day with pics from the national championship too esp Buddh!!!!

Thank you all at team bhp for your continued support !
Attached Thumbnails
Gas Monkey Motorsports-batch-10-creative.jpg  

Old 7th January 2015, 19:14   #25
BHPian

Go karting for juniors -stepping stones to Formula One

Hi BHPians,
This is my very first thread on team bhp! I'm just so proud!
Mods-please do merge if required.
I am a 13 year old who has made Bangalore his home for 8 years. Cars are my life. I am not an avid follower of motor sport but am making a conscious effort to be one.
Since I am (sadly) a very law abiding teen, I have not so much as sat in the drivers seat of a car with the engine on! But certainly do not be under the impression that I am not impatient to start driving;reality is far from it. However, impatient folks can sometimes find a solution. And so I have. Go karting.
I am no pro; I have been go karting all of 5 times! So why this post?
For a long time I have been wanting to take this hobby to a more professional level. After all, all successful F1 drivers started on go karts! But I had very limited resources to find out about how to go about it(for example,no team bhp membership at that time).
Now that I have received the key to all automobile related info in December 2014, I am taking advantage.
So, my dear fellow team bhpians, my question to you is:
Do any of you know of go karting centers in Bangalore which train youngsters for competition and the like?(all my experiences have been in torq03 in Ezone, Marathalli, which is close to my house.) Have you had any experience with them? Will they reject me under the pretext of being too young or to old to start professional go karting?
Help from all you gurus out there is highly appreciated .
Thanks in advance,
Atulit
Old 7th January 2015, 19:43   #26
BHPian

Re: Go karting for juniors -stepping stones to Formula One

Check this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...torsports.html
killjoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 16:31   #27
BHPian

Re: Go karting for juniors -stepping stones to Formula One

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Thanks a ton. Don't know how I missed this thread. It has been extremely helpful
Old 30th January 2015, 14:49   #28
BHPian

Hi guys..

Happy new year to everyone.

Posting details on an event which will be happening on he 11th of feb at torq03 Ezone club, marathahalli, Bangalore.

Please note that the event will be a knock out sprint. in all only 64 drivers will make it past qualifying into the heats.

Heats will be divided into 8 sessions with 8 drivers in each batch. The top 4 drivers from each batch will advance to the next round of heats making the total 32 drivers.

This session will again be divided into 8 drivers in 4 batches. The top 4 will once again advance to the semi finals.

In the semi finals, the 16 drivers who have advanced will be divided into 2 batches of 8 drivers in each. The top 4 from each batch will advance to the finals.

The final 8 drivers will then race in the finals with the top 3 drivers taking a spot on the podium and trophies along with a free training session with Gas Monkey Motorsports.

Please submit entries at the track on or before 9th Feb 2015. You can call us on +91-8747057777 or email on kartwars@gasmonkeymotorsports.com

Spread the word guys and help us promote four stroke kart racing !!!!

Regards

Suhail Sabharwal
Attached Thumbnails
Gas Monkey Motorsports-kart-wars-1-copy.jpg  

Old 30th January 2015, 21:08   #29
BHPian

Absolutely wonderful! I've been hooked to this thread for some time now. Clearly, that has paid off! Kart Wars seems to be a great opportunity for all aspiring karters out there.

Truly a lovely initiative taken by GMM. I would surely like to be a part of your programs in the future.

A quick question: are all of your sessions in Torq03? It is a convenient location for me, so I would never want that changed!
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2015, 16:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Absolutely wonderful! I've been hooked to this thread for some time now. Clearly, that has paid off! Kart Wars seems to be a great opportunity for all aspiring karters out there.

Truly a lovely initiative taken by GMM. I would surely like to be a part of your programs in the future.

A quick question: are all of your sessions in Torq03? It is a convenient location for me, so I would never want that changed!
Hi Turbo_asd

Thank you for your support. We hope to receive your registration soon.
As for torq03, they are the only track in Bangalore right now with a transponder on karts while the other tracks don't have that facility yet.

Regards
Suhail Sabharwal

Most Viewed